PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Logic centre speaker

Dacvolvo
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 01:07
Just wondering what size and power rating this speaker is?

I'm not chuffed at having read that this speaker costs £155 from the Volvo garage, so if I can obtain the correct size and power handling capabilities of this little speaker, I'll go on a hunt to find an after market replacement ;)

adriancole
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 02:21
Hmm, mine has blown too, though late last night i saw on swedespeed and cannot find it now, that in older models a screw is missing, screwing the cone to something..cant remember what exactly..anway adding this brings the speaker back to life as our glue has become brittle and broken...hence the screw in later models.....

st1t5
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 05:08
Mmm looks like this centre speaker is the weakest link .. mine has gone aswell ....

Good luck in finding a speaker ...if you do let me know .. lol ... if been searching everywhere and i have also taken the speaker to several people in the know and they all say the same thing .. no chance ...... they say its unusual for the magnet to be on top of the cone and not under it, obviously this is because the speaker needs to be slim due to its location, and that most speakers are 4 ohms whereas the Volvo centre speaker is an 8 ohms ..

A friend of mine is mate's with a parts manager in a Volvo dealership in the Edinbrugh area and with his discount i could get one from Volvo for 135 quid .. but tbh i even grudge paying that ...

st1t5
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 05:23
Just a thought ... but if there is a few people who require one of these centre speakers then maybe we could do a group buy and try and get some sort of discount .... i could always ask my mate to ask the Volvo parts manager if he would do some discount for a group buy ?????

SaffronC70
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 07:14
Hi

Keep a beady eye on Ebay - I got one for £60 odd with the screw in the top.

After replacing it, the system sounded more or less the same anyhow, lol !

Chris

Jaseb77
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 07:59
Centre speaker,

When I stick my ear to mine, I'am not really convinced I can hear anything, it's difficult to tell.

How do you check, does the cover come off ?

st1t5
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 08:55
How do you check, does the cover come off ?

Hi Jase .. chances are if your not hearing anything then either the volume for that speaker is turned down or its goosed ..

Im on the rig at the moment so have not got my drivers handbook on me but i think its the volume control , if you pull it it will click out about 1mm ... this then just become's the volume control for the centre speaker only ... as im say im pretty sure its the volume control ?? .. and remember to have the system on pro logic aswell when testing .... lol ;)

The speaker cover does come off but be careful doing it ... its clips are quite secure and will break if too much force is applied ..... the magnet on my speaker had fell off.

Justin
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 10:10
I have one for sale, £40 + P&P :)

Dacvolvo
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 11:18
I have one for sale, £40 + P&P :)
You have PM, good sir

fraz13
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 11:30
I took mine out and its lying in the garage and I replaced it with the speaker for my phone kit..... It wont work with an aftermarket radio coz the main pro-logic box cant be connected to one.... Unfortunately its not for sale as I plan to put it back to standard If I sell... But as said before It doesnt make a big difference, to be fair I thought it sounded cack and the replacement radio made a HUGE difference in sound and quality

Baj
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 12:42
Is it not just a speaker?
Pull it out, I am sure it will have ratings printed on the back, then replace with any similar rated speaker of the same size.

Dacvolvo
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 12:52
Is it not just a speaker?
Pull it out, I am sure it will have ratings printed on the back, then replace with any similar rated speaker of the same size.

That's just the prob though, Baj - no one else seems to make a speaker with the same dimensions - it's very, very thin and unusually, the magnet's on top of the cone instead of everyother desgin which sees the magnet being located at the rear of the speaker.

Baj
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 12:54
Oo wierd

Justin
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 13:45
Now sold :)