PDA

View Full Version : bearing noise

CAMO
Friday 1st September 2006, 20:20
anyone had experience of replacing the rear wheel bearings on a 854R, mine is starting to become noisey. Haynes manual states that you must replace the whole hub! that can't be right can it?:cuckoo:

kimbaleeg
Friday 1st September 2006, 20:40
hi mate idont know about the 850 but i think haynes is right cause parts for volvos list it with piccie and it looks like whole hub for s70 anyway should be easyer job to replace whole hub rather than trying to push old one out new one in eh?

t5tart
Friday 1st September 2006, 21:28
iirc it is a complete hub matey

mazza
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 21:40
as t5tart says,its the same as the front bearings,whole hub has to be done!!!!

babydave
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 01:03
hi worked in a volvo garage for 5 years and yes you have to replace the whole unit but its very easy about 35mins calaper,disc,shoes,backing plate, and then easy too do.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th September 2006, 10:27
The main issue is undoing the 36mm nut on the end of the half-shaft. Can be a real pig and you will need big tools. I sheared a 1/2 inch driver/breaker bar attempting it.

CAMO
Thursday 7th September 2006, 03:54
Cheers folkes for your comments. Any idea how much ?????

t5owner
Thursday 7th September 2006, 12:54
Cheers folkes for your comments. Any idea how much ?????

Why don`t you give DPA in ring there in bulwell somewhere iirc should be able to give you a good price don`t forget to mention your a member of this forum

Cheers

stuart

Murphy
Thursday 7th September 2006, 13:34
I have an issue and i am hoping it is not the hub. It makes a groaning noise when going around a round about for example. Only right though. The PAS fluid is low and dirty, although i have topped it up last weekend :(

Do you think it is bearing or a broken componenet of the steering ?!?!

welshboy
Sunday 10th September 2006, 00:44
Are the front ones just as easy, as they are a complete unit. My front O/S needs doing. Looked on euro car parts and they are about £70 on there. Not bad. Hope its a job i can do myself.

tony