PDA

View Full Version : Thanks VT....WOW.....How quick?How many MPG!!!

petrolhead
Friday 1st September 2006, 19:56
I'd just like to say thanks to Adam, Hamish and all the staff at VT. Rica'd my old girl today and she flys...loads of torque and in sports mode she just goes nuts....I went down with Johnny d 850r and we both had a smashing time. Met WobblyDave (a gent....and a fine judge of Volvos) and a non-member (Stuart from Bangor) who will now be joining the fold.

To cap it all, my MPG has gone through the roof!!! Coming back, I averaged 36MPG including nose to tail Bromsgrove, M42 and 90-100 on A42. Following a couple of hours around Nottingham Its settled at 31MPG!!!......I have never previously seen more than 28 avg and usually more like 25.

Bearing in mind I do lots of miles, This will pay for itself pretty quickly.....If you've not had it done then DO IT NOW.... You won't regret it.

Just spoken to Johnny, who's stuck on M42 and he can't believe the difference it's made to his 850r.

Best wishes

Roger

GregE102
Friday 1st September 2006, 20:03
Hi Roger

Be interasted to konw if you where driving normaly for most of the time or playing with your new upgrade?
Greg

petrolhead
Friday 1st September 2006, 20:07
Hi Greg,

Driving (pretty) normally, with the odd blast....The economy figures are quite a surprise. It really is pretty quick now.

Regards
Roger

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 00:46
It was nice meeting you all.

johnny d 850r
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 19:08
hi roger and all,
i will second that about the fuel i noticed a definate difference travelling back,and as for performance went out with adam after upgrade up bypass nearby it was just amazing she flew he redlined it on boost and the power gain something else shes now got the full rica 310 and worth every penny ive never smiled so much as i did on the way home the odd blip on the pedal just to keep me beaming all the way back to spalding,at least now i will get around them bloody tractors a tad quicker now,thanks for the meet up roger enjoyed the day look foward to the next time m8,last of all thanks so much to adam and hamish for the warm welcome and extencive knowledge of these machines, yours johnny d 850R still beaming......

welshboy
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:57
Totally agree with all above.

The power from the upgrade i had to day was just awesome!!!! I too also noticed the fuel. Well when i could keep from foot off the pedal. lol.

I notice it more in mid range i think. The car just pulls and pulls.

Also agree with the warm welcome i had when i turned up. Great bunch of people. Also nice to hear the car seems to be running ok.

Just looking for my next mod now. Think it will have to be a exhaust.

Also nice to meet up with Greg. (Tomcat). Thanks for joining me.

tony

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 20:59
hehe

my thoughts are on the thread where the august offer is made but i agree with all the above

Nathlm
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 22:59
Glad you are all enjoying your cars - I have to say, welshboy that your car is the BEST expolice car I have ever seen and Adam said it drives better than most of the civilian cars we have had in - a real credit to you!

Nat xx

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:01
oi you went b4 u pushed the button !!!!!!! not fair
only managed 245 whp and 400 and something NM

not bad for a 12 yr old notor lol

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:05
Greg(aka CRAIG), Also had a great time, despite some teething troubles with getting the car to boost properly. BIG difference now in the car, couldn't really try it on the way home as the traffic was awfull, an hour to get there and three hours to get back!, I didnt get out of third gear all the way to Warrington!!!. Big thanks to Adam for being so patient with my car being a pig!. I'm looking forward to trying this brutal acceleration in the dry at some point.

t5tart
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:07
lol adam had the patience of a saint when mibe was in
gept dropping boost fight off
after testing hoses and bcs
we rolling roaded it and found the air intake pipe was collapsing where the bit it connects onto by the intercooler was missing
lol

we got there in the end

welshboy
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 23:27
Glad you are all enjoying your cars - I have to say, welshboy that your car is the BEST expolice car I have ever seen and Adam said it drives better than most of the civilian cars we have had in - a real credit to you!

Nat xx

Thanks for the kind comments. I do really like the car. Only had for it about 4 mths so far. Just getting through the little probs with it.

Once again. thanks alot guys and loved the drive home.

tony

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 00:45
Greg(aka CRAIG), Also had a great time, despite some teething troubles with getting the car to boost properly. BIG difference now in the car, couldn't really try it on the way home as the traffic was awfull, an hour to get there and three hours to get back!, I didnt get out of third gear all the way to Warrington!!!. Big thanks to Adam for being so patient with my car being a pig!. I'm looking forward to trying this brutal acceleration in the dry at some point.Ny car never seemed to reach the full power figure of 310bhp on an 02 S60 T5 - despite 1 and half days at VT - i wonder how many other rogue cars there are, its 12 months since mine was done but never really felt comfortable sharing my experience for fear of slating by other people who have had the experience of VT, but i never really got an explanation, other than next time i am passing pop in & we will try and squeeze some extra horses out, well i'm 120 mles away from VT and never have an excuse to pop in im afraid.:confused:

volvotuning
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 11:32
Ny car never seemed to reach the full power figure of 310bhp on an 02 S60 T5 - despite 1 and half days at VT - i wonder how many other rogue cars there are, its 12 months since mine was done but never really felt comfortable sharing my experience for fear of slating by other people who have had the experience of VT, but i never really got an explanation, other than next time i am passing pop in & we will try and squeeze some extra horses out, well i'm 120 mles away from VT and never have an excuse to pop in im afraid.:confused:

Sorry to hear that. We do try very hard to get every car spot on, and it's extremely rare when we don't. Unfortunately sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to do this. On yours for some reason we never did manage to get to figure out why at the time, hence why there was no explanation. Therefore the only thing we could offer is to carry on looking for the problem. Since then, we have found various other items on other cars which adversely affect the performance even though they "appear" to be working ok. So now we always test for those things too on the problem cars. There is no doubt that there can be huge variances between cars.

Adam.

ps. I don't think people have a problem with negative feedback. We certainly don't. If we are doing something wrong then we need to address it. Having said that, we always prefer problems to be dealt with directly, ie if there is a problem, then call us, PM us, or email us first.

volvotuning
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 12:16

Nat xx

lol I'm confused with all the usernames and who has which car, but I think Welshboy's is the Saffron C70. The ex-police S60 belongs to another Welsh chap who isn't a member of the site, yet.

Adam.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 12:21
All, do you think there will be another ' offer ' for RICA or was the month of August a one off?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 14:35
No probs Adam, it wasn't a problem as such with yourselves, but Joe Public doesn't understand the complexitys of it all, he just sees the next guys car working OK and wonders why is isn't lol...

volvotuning
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 14:48
No probs Adam, it wasn't a problem as such with yourselves, but Joe Public doesn't understand the complexitys of it all, he just sees the next guys car working OK and wonders why is isn't lol...

That is very true! The August special offer did highlight this fact very clearly. Two cars turn up, one goes very smoothly, and the other does not. It's basically to do with the fact that there are so many variables involved, some of which don't become obvious until you actually tune the car.

T5tart's car was a great example of a problem which took us practically all day to figure out as it had us baffled. Amazingly, Petrolhead's car had an identical problem which (as a result of the diagnostics work on T5tart's car) we spotted immediately and therefore took no time at all to explain and rectify.

Adam.

petrolhead
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 20:25
Adams right....As soon as he opened my bonnet he spotted the intake pipe and said it would have to be removed because it was missing a piece above the intercooler which stops it collapsing.....I think I experiance this on the way to VT when Johnnyd 850r came past me at our lay-by meeting point and it accelerated hard to catch up and as the boost rose quickly in 1st gear i suddenly lost power until 2nd kicked in....in hindsite this was probably the pipe collapsing........The new welshman with the excellent S60 is Stuart...he thinks he has the part I need and i'll be ringing him tomorrow....hopefully he'll be joining the forum soon....he's a really nice guy.

Roger

t5tart
Monday 4th September 2006, 00:46
That is very true! The August special offer did highlight this fact very clearly. Two cars turn up, one goes very smoothly, and the other does not. It's basically to do with the fact that there are so many variables involved, some of which don't become obvious until you actually tune the car.

T5tart's car was a great example of a problem which took us practically all day to figure out as it had us baffled. Amazingly, Petrolhead's car had an identical problem which (as a result of the diagnostics work on T5tart's car) we spotted immediately and therefore took no time at all to explain and rectify.

Adam.

lol never seemt it before Adam said
hehe and then 2 in 1 week
totally amazing
i'm glad my pain saved someone elses haha

t5tart
Monday 4th September 2006, 00:50
Adam
got the bit off tony on the way back
put t all back together

as the track photos show it wirks :)
all i need now is another 200 ponys to beat the skylines :)

£250 for another chip ?? hehe piggy back them sure to make a gazillion horse power when nat pushes the buttom huh ???

lance
Monday 4th September 2006, 10:39
Hey Roger , good to see another Notts RICA T5 out there! welcome to the club!

duncan bennett
Friday 8th September 2006, 22:42
sounds great hoping to get my t5 done next week with a 310,cant wait now

Tomcat
Friday 8th September 2006, 22:44
get it done,get it done, get it done.......