PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Prokit any1?

jim.covers
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 23:22
Having a Rica done next week and also interested in getting Eibach Prokit lowering springs -30mm, + 30% stiffer.

Any1 got had any experience with this kit please.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 01:01
Do you have an estate? I have some 850R lowering springs for sale. V cheap - £95. Drops the car lovely like.

jim.covers
Thursday 7th April 2005, 11:44
Dave i have a S60.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 11:47
Doh :doh: - Sorry Jim I forgot. :hidesbehi

(another of my wobbly moments)

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 11:49
I do however now have on the car, Eibach lowering springs and Monroe reflex shocks and the transformation was profound to say the least.

S60! :wallbash:

:uglyhamme

jim.covers
Thursday 7th April 2005, 12:02
lol... so many people... so many cars m8.

All im thinking of getting for the moment is the Eibach Prokit lowering springs, because of the cost of the Rica etc. any more work is going to have to wait a month or so.

do you think there would be a marked difference in handling just fitting this kit dave?

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 12:20
You must bear in mind that the stuff coming off mine was 150K old and was distinctly tired, in fact it was probably alseep.

I would say the effect was as if not more profound than having RICA put on. Completely transformed the car.

Give Hamish a call and ask him.

jim.covers
Thursday 7th April 2005, 12:33
lol nice1 dave.

Hamish is the 1 that quoted me on it, just wanted to hear from any1 who had it fitted.

I think you said that ur setup was around £850. This kit is far less... i can get it done same time as the Rica, just wanted to know if there will handle a lot better or shud i wait and have a "£850" jobby done.

Traduk
Thursday 7th April 2005, 12:44
I had the Monroe reflex struts fitted to a V70 T5 whilst retaining the stock springs and Nivomats on the back. The difference was totally vehicle transforming. Lowering might have added something more but the struts did all I could have hoped for and more.

The suspension has to be completely dismantled to change the springs and if you watch it being done, as I did, then you will quickly realise that all at once would be cheaper on labour.

BTW my Volvo struts were 55K old and not faulty. Compared to Monroes I have a very low opinion of Volvo's stock struts.

Mrsmopp
Thursday 7th April 2005, 13:17
Welcome aboard Liam! ;)

x

Traduk
Thursday 7th April 2005, 13:24
Thanks for the welcome

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 14:17
£850 is a great price. The materials are top draw and so is the labour expertise. Hamish was kind enough to spend time showing how it comes apart on the front. It takes a good deal of time and I trust Hamish implicitly. It is much like any building work - the cheapest quote isn't necessarily gonna give you the best result.

jim.covers
Thursday 7th April 2005, 14:24
Thanks for the info Traduk and again Dave.

For me at the moment its down to what im willing to spend...

I only had the car 2 months, its done 44,000 miles, whilst im no rally driver, i do like a nice run out on the moors;)

All i'm after is something that will give me better handling... cheap as poss.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 14:30
Hopefully you will make it to the "Fox" meet. I will let you drive mine and you can decide for yourself.

jim.covers
Thursday 7th April 2005, 14:37
Hehehe.. i gonna have to try n get there now :eclipsee_

MattV70
Thursday 7th April 2005, 17:15
I had the Monroe reflex struts fitted to a V70 T5 whilst retaining the stock springs and Nivomats on the back. The difference was totally vehicle transforming. Lowering might have added something more but the struts did all I could have hoped for and more.

The suspension has to be completely dismantled to change the springs and if you watch it being done, as I did, then you will quickly realise that all at once would be cheaper on labour.

BTW my Volvo struts were 55K old and not faulty. Compared to Monroes I have a very low opinion of Volvo's stock struts.

Was that a P1 or a P2 V70? I've got a P2 and i might have to replace the front shocks as there's a knocking coming from the front left shock. Going to VT on sat to see what they have to say about it. How much did your set up cost if you don't mind me asking?

Traduk
Thursday 7th April 2005, 19:35
MattV70,

Year '99 which I guess is P1 or classic.

My nearside top mount was a little shot which gave twitchiness on power on\off and cornering. I wouldn't be surprised if that is also your problem. Whatever it is you can be sure that Hamish will find and sort it, top man.

I had a load of work done (Rica, brakes and suspension) all in one go so what I paid was for multiple jobs. I would not post what I paid because you may need more or less done than I did but do not worry because you can be condident that you will not pay one penny more than is needed. Hamish talked me out of wasting money on jobs that didn't need doing.

Liam

MattV70
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:33
Thanks Liam

I'm looking forwards to meeting the legendary Hamish. The only problem is that i'm gonna see all of these nice things that he can do to my car, and i'll start down that slippery slope to financial ruin!

Oh well bring it on! :hbomb: