PDA

View Full Version : How much?

T5chris
Friday 1st September 2006, 09:50
Anyone know how much the egg-box style grille would set me back for the C70. (may as well make her look a bit newer now I am defo keepin her)?.

Also can the later spec xenons be fitted to my 2000 model? If so, what sort of money would I be looking at?

Cheers
Chris....

Andrew
Friday 1st September 2006, 10:36
Anyone know how much the egg-box style grille would set me back for the C70. (may as well make her look a bit newer now I am defo keepin her)?.

Also can the later spec xenons be fitted to my 2000 model? If so, what sort of money would I be looking at?

Cheers
Chris....

The egg box grill goes for about £100-120. If you order from Marshalls you get the VPCUK discount don't forget.

fraz13
Friday 1st September 2006, 11:03
For the grill as Andrew said costs between £100-£120 give or take a few quid

The '03 lights are a direct replacement for yours and a rough estimate on price would be around £300-£400

Try Marshalls and Frank Taylor Volvo as we get discount from both, Remember to Email Justin for the discount code

You could also try PFV or if your a member of the VOC Nordic

Taylor S60R
Friday 1st September 2006, 11:27
Got mine from Nordic - £124 all in.

T5chris
Friday 1st September 2006, 12:26
was that for the grille?

T5chris
Friday 1st September 2006, 12:31
Well suppose I best retract some of my comments from a couple of weeks ago about my local Volvo dealership, just been quoted 115quid for the grille so have ordered it. It will be ready to pick up in the morning.

Gonna leave the healights for now though as expected are 199 each.

C...

Pliskin
Friday 1st September 2006, 19:59
How come you changed your mind about selling, not that I blame you.

T5chris
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 15:52
Was going to change the C70 for an S60R and keep our second car which was a 54 plate zafira dti. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the service when I went to view a S60R at my local dealer, so we looked around a few other garages and ended up viewing a Mondeo st220 3.0 V6 instead.

Got to say it wasn't a car that I would have previously considered, in fact I havn't previously liked many Fords, so it was mainly my better half who was initially attracted to it. When we viewed it we both liked the ST220 but not enough to swap my C70 for. Therefore we have ended up trading the zafira in against the Mondeo. Due to the massive depreciation on our zafira I have ended up nearly spending all my S60 fund so am gonna keep the C70 for another year or so.

We picked th ST up yesterday and I have got to say it has totally changed my view of Fords, the V6 engine is so smooth and the handling is great (better than the C70 with konis - dare I say). The other thing I can't get over is the fuel economy did approx 120 miles in the ST yesterday and fuel computer said it was averaging 32mpg, wish the C70 could do that!!!

Still, got to say, I prefer my ovlov!!! Especially since I put the egg box grille in yesterday.

After_Shock
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 16:17
Was going to change the C70 for an S60R and keep our second car which was a 54 plate zafira dti. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the service when I went to view a S60R at my local dealer, so we looked around a few other garages and ended up viewing a Mondeo st220 3.0 V6 instead.

It wasnt service you didnt even speak to anyone!

The newer grille makes a big difference. Anymore thoughts on the Xenon lights?

SaffronC70
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 16:26
Get some Ebay HIDS - been on mine for 2 years now without a single problem (now I've said it, doh).

Check my site for pics - you won't want to go back after you experience night time driving with them !

Chris

T5chris
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 18:05
Alright After-Shock mate,

Don't want to get into that argument with you again, can we agree to differ on this one? Were you at work yesterday morning? I picked the grille up from stockton as soon as parts opened.

I like the xenons but the price of them plus matching indicators is a bit on the steep side.

Chris - How much are those lights?

Cheers
Chris....

After_Shock
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 20:44
I said it light heartidly if thats how its spelt?

Was at work but was out on the morning for about half an hour so probs wasnt their.

You sure it was only £115 they quoted me more than that for one a while back!?

T5chris
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 21:19
Nah m8 when I got there it was 128, not sure where the 115 came from as even without VAT it was only 108????

Never mind, I've got it now and that's the main thing.