PDA

View Full Version : Brake light

mailee
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 22:25
This evening while on my way home from work the light for the brake failure came on on the dash? When I went around a right hand bend it went off but when I went round aleft hand bend it came back on again?? Looks like it might be a loose connection anybody any ideas? :confused:

Martinr
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 22:26
Is the fluid level correct in the reservoir.

I had a similar thing on a VW all that was needed was a top up and hey presto no light:)

chriskay
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 22:39
Sounds like a loose bulb/poor connection/corrosion in bulb holder.
Cheers, Chris.

andi t5
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 22:59
as said check the level and the float switch

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 00:58
This evening while on my way home from work the light for the brake failure came on on the dash? When I went around a right hand bend it went off but when I went round aleft hand bend it came back on again?? Looks like it might be a loose connection anybody any ideas? :confused:

The filament in the bulb is dying and had temporarily managed to reconnect itself. Buy a new bulb.

Having said this I am not certain if this is a bulb warning light you saw or a brake fail warning?

mailee
Thursday 7th April 2005, 06:23
Hi Dave it is the brake warning light according to the handbook. i think I will check the fliud level and the float to see if it is stuck, more than likely it is this that is at fault. Just dropped the other half off at work and it is still doing the same, right hand bend goes out, left hand comes on! :confused: