PDA

View Full Version : Service light reset

RGM200
Thursday 31st August 2006, 08:16
My brother in law owns a 97 'P' reg 2.5 V70, I have a 95 854 T5, I have the little black box next to the washer bottle filler in the engine bay, which I regularly reset my own service light using the very handy jumper cable, he doesn't, he also does not have a little rubber bung on the dash clocks to insert anything to reset his own service light.

I have read the 'service light reset procedure' on this site already and his car doesnt seem to fall into any of the right categories.

The question is without going to his local ovlov stealers how do you reset a service light on a 97 'P' 2.5 V70??

Can anyone help, anyone had or got the same problem??

Rob

pault5
Thursday 31st August 2006, 08:54
hi,
does the car have an obd2 port under a cover near the ciggy lighter?
if so he will need one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Draper-Service-Light-Reset-Tool-Brand-NEW_W0QQitemZ300022878496QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10432Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is what i use for my 97 850 t5, i know the cars are not the same models but i am guessing the reset procedure is the same?

paul

stuAWD
Thursday 31st August 2006, 11:05
I had the same problem on my 98 V70, took it the main dealers, they reset it and read the codes at the same time, did it while I waited charged me a tenner.

ClarkV70R
Friday 1st September 2006, 21:37
I have the V70R 1998 and had no luck resetting the Service shedule light by using any of the well publisised procedures. So bought a Draper OBDII tool for £29 and worked a treat.
stuAWD, a tenner was a bargain for main dealer to reset it for you, they generally charge you an hours labour (£45 quid plus).

stuAWD
Sunday 3rd September 2006, 13:42
I have the V70R 1998 and had no luck resetting the Service shedule light by using any of the well publisised procedures. So bought a Draper OBDII tool for £29 and worked a treat.
stuAWD, a tenner was a bargain for main dealer to reset it for you, they generally charge you an hours labour (£45 quid plus).
What I didn't say was, I am a good customer for their parts.