PDA

View Full Version : S60 D5 Turbo

pimpinthepidge
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 20:39
Hi,
Iv got a s60 d5 and i am after turning the boost up, it is curruntly running about 16 psi, Does anyone know what psi it can run safely.

Any suggestions will be appriciated, as i am a new member and definatly not a macanic.:confused: :confused:

Andy
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:01
Turning up the boost solely isn't the best way to up the performance of the D5.

Do a search for D5 tuning. There is various options to tune i.e. RICA, Powerclick etc.

I certainly would just go out and turn the boost up as you don't know what else will be effected, possibly the running of the car.

Tuning diesels is much more complex than petrols and the mixtures need to be spot on hence my recommendation would be to leave it to the experts.

pimpinthepidge
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:21
iv got a powerclick and had the ecu remapped.

The remapping has turned the boost up by about 2 psi, but was told by a friend (machanic) i could turn the boost up abit but need to find out wat boost would be safe.

T5ER
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:24

The remapping has turned the boost up by about 2 psi, but was told by a friend (machanic) i could turn the boost up abit but need to find out wat boost would be safe.
Ideally the best person to speak to would be Adam at VT mate

Andy
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:24

Which re-map? Are you running both together? If so don't they conflict with each other?

pimpinthepidge
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:47
I did take the powerclick off and no they dont conflict with each other, so iv ended up putting it back on, the powerclick made more differance on power than the re-map did.

S60D5
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 23:54
I did take the powerclick off and no they dont conflict with each other, so iv ended up putting it back on, the powerclick made more differance on power than the re-map did.

Like Andy asked - what remap?

Andy
Thursday 31st August 2006, 16:38
I very much doubt a powerclick would provide more than a RICA re-map - why not try one of those?

If your looking for more power but diesel economy, sell up and buy a 535D - Ahhh Pure bliss! ;)

S60D5
Thursday 31st August 2006, 16:49
DMS Tuned 330d is nice. 260bhp and 400+ ftlbs.

pimpinthepidge
Thursday 31st August 2006, 21:08
i prefer the s60, i could have bought a 330d but thought the s60 was a better car.

Its not a RICA remap it was from collins performance in congleton.
How much does the RICA remap and is that the ones VT do?

Andy
Thursday 31st August 2006, 21:20
i prefer the s60, i could have bought a 330d but thought the s60 was a better car.

Its not a RICA remap it was from collins performance in congleton.
How much does the RICA remap and is that the ones VT do?

Yes, VT do deal in RICA but there is also others who do it that may be closer to you. PM / Ring / Send an e-mail to VT and they will let you know of the price.

P.s. Having had a D5 you'll always want more power :D

pimpinthepidge
Thursday 31st August 2006, 21:44
cheers mate ;-)

macV70R
Thursday 31st August 2006, 22:05
Andy,

what you drivin at the mo?

Did you get the honda?

Andy
Friday 1st September 2006, 17:14
Andy,

what you drivin at the mo?

Did you get the honda?

No Mate didn't go for the Honda afterall.

I'm driving nothing, apart from a Yamaha YZF600R which is quick and suits me right down to the ground for the journeys I use it on.

Car for the winter... ?? Who knows... Maybe a Volvo!