PDA

View Full Version : top mount bush

wootty
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 20:36
took a little while longer than i thought.couldnt remove rear bush bolt on carrier frame as air con pipe was in the way.start to finish in an hour n half.

t5tart
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 20:49
quicker than i didit took me 3 hrs lol

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 20:54
Eh ....I stuck bush in freezer night before, took wipers , plastic panel etc off and unbolted engine mount bracket from bulkhead...hacksawed rubber bush out in minutes and the poly bush was in quick time ..all in and back on raod in less than 30 mins ...was not looking forward to it after reading horror stories but TBH it was a sinch!!

t5tart
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:01
lol
i must have just been unlucky hahaha

wootty
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:52
i couldnt be arsed to remove the wiper trim etc.the 2 part bush and stainless sleeve was tight to go in but a 6" record clamp sqeezed them all home.job done.:haha:

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:56
TBH i put a standard one in wifes 2.5 850 and didnt know about removing wiper trim and fannied about for ages!! Couldn't get teh standard one in at all ...much puffing and grunting etc and 3 hours later job done!! I learned tho and used the search bar hence the wiper removal LOL !!!

arbee
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:58
hopefully mine will arive in the post tomorrow. Went to my local Powerflex dealer first - messed me around for two weeks and never called back etc etc (Xtreme in Harlow). Shouldve gone straight to PFV - great service :)

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 22:10
Tell you what tho , they aint half noisy!!! what you think Wooty?!!

t5tart
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 22:58
i love the noise

i will be having an improptue visit to pfv tomorrow powerflex bushes turned up for the wishbones today
only one problem meant to be 4 and there are only 2 in the box
and the car is booked in tomorrow afternoon after vt:cussing:

wootty
Thursday 31st August 2006, 14:16
Tell you what tho , they aint half noisy!!! what you think Wooty?!!
tbh i havent really noticed any extra noise going to work this morn,whats the noise sound like on yours then.

richeeroo
Thursday 31st August 2006, 14:32
So would you reccomend doing this mod then, what difference can you feel and whats this about the noise ? Cheers, Rich.:confused:

neevo
Thursday 31st August 2006, 15:56
I had a couple of advantages doing this mod. My gearchanges had become increasingly difficlult at certain, reproducible, times. They have eased a lot now. Additionally driving into the work carpark there were distinctive noises as if teh suspension was dying and these have now greatly reduced and are almost gone.

The noise is mainly when accelerating hard, the engine note is much louder inside the cabin giving it a beefier sound,

For me it was money well spent and as we did it at work it was time well spent :)

mazza
Thursday 31st August 2006, 17:35
only took me 10 minutes!!:biggrin:
great bit of kit,you can hear the lovely 5 pot go nuts when you floor it!!!!but normal driving is still nice and silent!!