PDA

View Full Version : So i finally buy a T5

jimka
Monday 28th August 2006, 23:19
enough of the diesel! it was time to get an older volvo for my commute run in southampton.

after finding a nice one, i bought under the condition that the orginal owner told me when the volvo is cold, it smokes and uses water, plus there is a loud tappet noise from the engine until warm.

can anyone tell me what the problem is, i suspect value stems and a stuck tappet, can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to replace, and how difficult it is to fix? I hope its not the turbo, and i doubt it is - seeing it pulls lovely and doesn't smoke when shes warm, even when boosting full.

regards

jim

abdul
Monday 28th August 2006, 23:32
when it is cold it should not smoke or use water u definetley have a problem

siamblue
Monday 28th August 2006, 23:38
enough of the diesel! it was time to get an older volvo for my commute run in southampton.

after finding a nice one, i bought under the condition that the orginal owner told me when the volvo is cold, it smokes and uses water, plus there is a loud tappet noise from the engine until warm.

can anyone tell me what the problem is, i suspect value stems and a stuck tappet, can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to replace, and how difficult it is to fix? I hope its not the turbo, and i doubt it is - seeing it pulls lovely and doesn't smoke when shes warm, even when boosting full.

regards

jim

Jim i am on the island as from Thursday sorry to hijack your thread,camping for 4 days,
I am going to try and meet Adge probably Friday or Saturday for a swift coffee ;)

fancy a mini meet?

Gary,

jimka
Monday 28th August 2006, 23:39
might be an idea, sorting insurance out this week etc, but hopefully will be done!

dreadly
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 16:10

regards

jim

Bent Rods?