PDA

View Full Version : Got a little problem

T5ER
Monday 28th August 2006, 19:41
Right here we go in plain english.Lunatic`s boost gauge goes up into the white anout 2-3mm from the end?? Vimto`s boost gauge goes about 2-3mm into the white and does not seem to pull aswell(first thought was it is a estate and more weight)but i aint overly convinced any ideas peeps,as i am a bit worried

T5ER
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 17:14
I have now found that i have a air leak somewere????whats the best way to trace/find it as i am not a happy bunny running hardly any boost and need to sort it asap.I can hear it dumping air when the turbo try`s to fully spool up

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 17:20
whats the best way to trace/find it

Pop the bonnet?? LOL

Check all the elbows and hoses that is normally the first place to start!

x

T5ER
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 18:31
Found the little sods.
1,The one from the wastegate comes up into a clip (3 pipes in total run in these clips) and 2 of them have perished and split

glad i found them b4 work got there hands on it and had my pants down :saythat:

T5ER
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 18:16
Right replaced the pipes and still got the problem???? when the turbo starts to fully spool up it`s dumping the air ???? had it in at work did pressure test foun main black plastic pipe was loose techie tightened it up and took it for a spin it sounds like i have a dump valve fitted but i aint

HELP ME PLEASE its driving me ££££ing nuts

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 18:18
Was it doing this when you took it for test drive? Have you had the codes read?

x

T5ER
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 18:19
Was it doing this when you took it for test drive? Have you had the codes read?

x
did not seem to do it when i took it for a test drive only started doing it on the way back from bedford???? checked and there are no fault codes flagging up,even the techie is baffled

T5ER
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 21:21
FIXED IT
damn am i glad all it came down to was a bloody jubille clip that had rusted and broke on the pipe that goes to the bottom of the i/c and it had blown the pipe off :cussing: tell you what i was just about going to set fire to it b4 somebody on VS told me to check all the big major i/c pipes,glad i did put another hose clip (pain in the rump job that was with it being the bottom pipe) put the hose on,put the rest of my i/c pipeing back together and tightened it all up and job is a good un back to full boost :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: .To say i am pleased is a understatement but sometimes i suprise myself LOL

Oh forgot to add thanks to all on here that posted up some answers as to what the problem may have been

t5tart
Thursday 31st August 2006, 00:10
sounds very similar to what mine is doing tonight
maybe ill check that tomorrow

T5ER
Thursday 31st August 2006, 21:43
So what happened Daz did it go well at VT today