PDA

View Full Version : Strange Liquid appearing

Ian C70T5
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:47
Under the passengers floor mat a liquid has appeared, it seems to be oily or similar, it might be seaping in from under the carpet but have not investigated it much yet. any ideas?

lance
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:48
Could be heater matrix leaking!

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:52
I second that !

stevepud
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:54
If it's brown and smelly, I would suggest you slow your driving down, as it might be having an effect on your passengers!!!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:55
I second that !

I third it! :rolling_e

x

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:55
If it's brown and smelly, I would suggest you slow your driving down, as it might be having an effect on your passengers!!!

More importantly than your passengers you engine is loosing coolant :eek:

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:56
More importantly than your passengers you engine is loosing coolant :eek:

I fink you may have missed the joke there hun!!

x

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:59
I fink you may have missed the joke there hun!!

x

Did I :rolleyes: Dam that must of been going T5 quick I never saw a thing :shifty:

Ian C70T5
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 16:19
oh dear.. i have been checking levels and the water did go down once the other day, not much tho..

If you look at the foot well and the floor mats its where the C70 is printed into the volvo mats its not high up the floor under dash more like just below seat and near door..

Smelly no mate, i make all my passengers sign a you pooh you clean contract before taking people out

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 16:31
You need to pull up the carpet mate and see if the water is tracking along the floor under the carpet, thats what I suspect.

Hope you prove me wrong and it a leaky door seal !

Ian C70T5
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 16:47
You need to pull up the carpet mate and see if the water is tracking along the floor under the carpet, thats what I suspect.

Hope you prove me wrong and it a leaky door seal !

So do i, i just spoke to Adam at VT and he mentioned Matrix.. god i hope not.....

Just for info, whats involved? on a previous car it was a dash out job!? Its just the oily feel to it worries me to not be rain water

I have however not noticed any difference in performance to the heater, i've not had AC on for a few months either

Andrew
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 16:48
What sort of costs are involved in replacing the matrix ?

lance
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 17:33
I did one on my Dads Audi Coupe years and years ago , it took me a solid day and yes I had to take the dash board out!
Managed to get everything back together but the glove box was never the same neither were middle heater vents due to britle plastic parts!
Never again would I want to fit one!

nobananas
Thursday 7th April 2005, 17:06
I've done one on an 850 and it was only a half hour job...luvely

Ian C70T5
Thursday 7th April 2005, 17:41
I've spoken to Hamish at VT, he has rested my worries with a replacement matrix without removing the dash, as he says he's "a international superstar".. He has given me a quick fix, i dont fancy forking out this month as its my birthday monday and this would make me cry on my birthday.

I'll attempt quick fix and then if it delays it will sort it out shortly, its only a very minor leak anyway

siamblue
Thursday 7th April 2005, 18:04
Sorry to hijack a thread,But i have had my Air con regassed recently,But the A/C isn't blowing out ice cold air,Seems to get cold but nothing else,Any reasons what it could be?

Gary

glock19
Friday 8th April 2005, 00:55
In my area (nation, really) we don't ever need the heater matrix for heating but I still maintain it just to keep it's originality. Would it have any adverse effect on the car if it's removed, just to shut a door off from a gremlin.

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 08:34
Sorry to hijack a thread,But i have had my Air con regassed recently,But the A/C isn't blowing out ice cold air,Seems to get cold but nothing else,Any reasons what it could be?

Gary

Have you checked that the compressor is engaging ?

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 08:37
I've spoken to Hamish at VT, he has rested my worries with a replacement matrix without removing the dash, as he says he's "a international superstar".. He has given me a quick fix, i dont fancy forking out this month as its my birthday monday and this would make me cry on my birthday.

I'll attempt quick fix and then if it delays it will sort it out shortly, its only a very minor leak anyway

Just be carefull mate, a minor leak can always sprout into a major one dumping the full contence of the cooling system into the cabin in a matter of seconds, which could cause you Head Gasget to :wave23d:

siamblue
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:05
Have you checked that the compressor is engaging ?

Now Steve You've gone all techy on me again :duck:,
For all of us novices out there,how do i check that it is working,Is there a fix if it isn't I mean how many beer vouchers to do it?Easy or difficult :remybussi

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:13
Now Steve You've gone all techy on me again :duck:,
For all of us novices out there,how do i check that it is working,Is there a fix if it isn't I mean how many beer vouchers to do it?Easy or difficult :remybussi

:ices_rofl

With the car running and ticking over switch on the AC with the bonnet open, go round the front and you should hear the compressor engaging (clicking) on and off every 20-30 seconds you should be able to see it actually starting and stopping by looking at the the housing next to the pully.

Sometimes they just get stuck but most of the time they just get ££££ed :tombstone

siamblue
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:22
Cheers Steve,I do get the lights flashing on me sometimes on the ECC unit.Will have to see if there are any codes.
Anyone know how much a compressor will set me back?

Ian C70T5
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:41
Back to the original reason for post.

yesterday actually put heater on for first time and only hot air was coming out of the driver side right vent the 2 middle and passenger 1 were cool.

I put some radweld in the tank and left it running with heater on full for a few minutes.. this morning i found the heater is working now all over. need to remove the dampness from the mat and wait and see..

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 10:37
Back to the original reason for post.

yesterday actually put heater on for first time and only hot air was coming out of the driver side right vent the 2 middle and passenger 1 were cool.

I put some radweld in the tank and left it running with heater on full for a few minutes.. this morning i found the heater is working now all over. need to remove the dampness from the mat and wait and see..

RADWELD :yikes:

Your a braver man than me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Ian C70T5
Friday 8th April 2005, 11:11
RADWELD :yikes:

Your a braver man than me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Tell me about it..

I felt scared to put it in, last time i used it it was in an old Fiesta RST and it clogged the rad to badly that it didnt flow at all.

However i was told a relaxing story that it fixed this issue in another car and also worked a treat with a major problem. that made me feel better.

Based on my cooling system is sound it shouldnt cause any issues.

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 11:25
Tell me about it..

I felt scared to put it in, last time i used it it was in an old Fiesta RST and it clogged the rad to badly that it didnt flow at all.

However i was told a relaxing story that it fixed this issue in another car and also worked a treat with a major problem. that made me feel better.

Based on my cooling system is sound it shouldnt cause any issues.

I have my fingers X'd for ya mate I really do ! Lets hope it dont :hbomb: