PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems

mailee
Friday 25th August 2006, 01:52
Hi guys, havent been on for a while, pressure of work ETC. I have a couple of problems my car has developed recently and wondered if anyone can help? First one is when I nail my car in say third gear trying to catch the scooby up it starts to miss like I am getting valve bounce? any ideas what this could be? Runs fine otherwise. The next thing is when going slow over uneven roads it knocks like hell from the front wheel on the drivers side. I have replaced the link arm recently and it is still knocking. I also have the dreaded ooil leak but it isn't the rear main that is leaking. It seems to come from the turbo return pipe although I have had this renewed twice now?? I am getting fed up with cleaning the rear screen of oil mist so must do something about it...again. Please can anyone help me? :help:

mailee
Friday 25th August 2006, 01:53
Sorry should have mentioned car is a 97 T5 estate. Duh!

Mrsmopp
Friday 25th August 2006, 10:46
When was the last time you did a plug and lead change?

x

BlackBeast
Friday 25th August 2006, 11:46
When was the last time you did a plug and lead change?

x

Plus cap and rotor?

GATHY
Friday 25th August 2006, 17:48
could it be a blocked boost control soleniod (mine was surging on boost badly)cleaned it out and solved it on the s60
worth a clean 5mins job with some carb/brake cleaner

forgive me if its different older models

mailee
Friday 25th August 2006, 23:02
Thanks guys, will give those points a look and see what happens. Any ideas on the knocking noises?

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 26th August 2006, 07:56
Hi the knocking noise is bound to be the front strut top mounts and also possibly be the shock its self,as the rubber top mount wears it will cause side movement in the shock and wear it.

The best thing to do is remove the shocks and strip them down and have a close look its a very common problem even on low mileage cars hope this helps

Russ

mailee
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 20:31
thanks Russ, I had an idea it might have been that but wasn't sure if it was a fault on the T5's. I will have a look along with the other niggles next week. Thanks guys.