PDA

View Full Version : Straps behind the front seats of the C70

Dacvolvo
Thursday 24th August 2006, 22:03
What are these for?

SaffronC70
Thursday 24th August 2006, 22:21
The little red ones ?

So your rear passenger can move the seat without pushing it forward.

I think !

Chris

Dacvolvo
Thursday 24th August 2006, 22:39
Yup - the little red ones.

I've seen that many C70s lately with these.

I was begining to think they were ejector straps for the front passengers!

;)

bubba_1986
Thursday 24th August 2006, 22:42
I only found out what they were for when decided to read manual

Mine dont work, usally move seat for passenger myself, not that much effort, but not easiest of car's to get out of either

After_Shock
Friday 25th August 2006, 20:25
Yep exactly, can pull them when sat in the back to drop the seats forward to get out. Im not sure how they will work with the leccy seats though, wont move it forward just tilt the seats I would guess.

Dacvolvo
Friday 25th August 2006, 22:27
Im not sure how they will work with the leccy seats though, wont move it forward just tilt the seats I would guess.
Yup - I've got leccy seats and the straps do indeed flip the front seats down, but not forward ;)

I didn't want to pull them without knowing what they were for as they are red and thought it was something that should come with a warning :)

the_boy
Friday 25th August 2006, 23:09
Que?

Pull on the red straps in my car and the seats would lean forward. Keep pulling and the seats would automatically start to move forward as well.

It's a slow and arduous process mind you!

Dacvolvo
Saturday 26th August 2006, 08:37
Que?

Pull on the red straps in my car and the seats would lean forward. Keep pulling and the seats would automatically start to move forward as well.

It's a slow and arduous process mind you!

Really?

*Dac runs down to the drive way to pull on the little red straps again*

Come to think about it, isn't that dangerous? I mean, a passenger accidentally getting their foot caught in a strap and suddenly the drivers chair starts to move forward and crush the driver whilst travelling at 70mph??????????

Ian C70T5
Saturday 26th August 2006, 10:08
my c70 seats are crap.

electrics barely work, moves certain directions only, the level to tilt dont work.. electric seats piss me right off.. anyone got an black leather / alcon ones for sale.. i need to replace i think as they are just not gonna work either.

After_Shock
Saturday 26th August 2006, 17:25
Really?

*Dac runs down to the drive way to pull on the little red straps again*

Come to think about it, isn't that dangerous? I mean, a passenger accidentally getting their foot caught in a strap and suddenly the drivers chair starts to move forward and crush the driver whilst travelling at 70mph??????????

Im sure theirs a cut off when the cars moving, could be worth sitting someone in the back and trying though. If theirs no cut off im sure the seat would have to be tilted to get it to move which you couldnt do if someone was sat their.

the_boy
Saturday 26th August 2006, 19:43
You'd notice it and as stated it's that slow you'd have some time to fix the problem. Difficult to get your foot in and pull the strap hard enough to start the mechanism though.

I know for a fact it works because my mate pulled it when he was sitting behind me and I got wedged with my face pushed up to the windscreen.

We were stationary in a car park at the time though :lol:

Adge
Friday 8th September 2006, 16:32
I agree . Pull the strap , if seat-back is forward the seat moves forward; if the seat-back is back (ie vertical) seat moves back. Seems strange when you pull the strap and the seat goes forward!

Yup - I've got leccy seats and the straps do indeed flip the front seats down, but not forward ;)

I didn't want to pull them without knowing what they were for as they are red and thought it was something that should come with a warning :)

blackwolf t5
Friday 8th September 2006, 22:27
"stationary in a car park" does beg a question.

Al115
Friday 8th September 2006, 22:30
Don't do it :) :) :)

the_boy
Saturday 9th September 2006, 17:49
Don't tar me with your brush blackwolf ;)

I'd just bought the car and was showing the lads @ work. Honest lol