PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Pleeeaaase!!!!!

polty16v
Thursday 24th August 2006, 18:39
Hello everyone, i'm struggling to find a part for my project. I've installed an
S40 T4 lump in my clio. I need the downpipe from turbo to cat. Am i right in thinking it is sold in one piece with the cat or not? And where from? Any help would be much appreciated as its not far off finished and this little niggle is holding me up. The engine is from a 98 car i believe. Peace and goodwill.
:)

BlackBeast
Thursday 24th August 2006, 18:46
I would say make your own system up (2.5-3") from the turbo back, will probably be easier, do you know if the standard downpipe will even clear the bulk head or any other bits?

polty16v
Thursday 24th August 2006, 18:55
I would say make your own system up (2.5-3") from the turbo back, will probably be easier, do you know if the standard downpipe will even clear the bulk head or any other bits?

Hi, i was just reading your intro strangely. It probably wont clear the bulkhead, chop and weld no doubt if i did find one. I'd have to make up the connecting piece too i suppose...

pault5
Thursday 24th August 2006, 19:02
cat and d/p are one piece.
i have a spare one in my cellar.
where abouts are you located?
paul

BlackBeast
Thursday 24th August 2006, 19:08
You could try Partsgateway, they search for parts through the main Volvo scrapyards across the UK. One of the breakers on there will have one. If your making your own custom one then thats all you will need is the downpipe flange. Id imagine its quite expensive if youre just using the flange. You could try Ebay aswell.

polty16v
Thursday 24th August 2006, 19:15
Indeed, i couldnt think of that word 'flange' and im doing an engineering degree! Im up in Darlington, Co.Durham, I've been looking on ebay but they are few and far between. Your help is much appreciated. How much would you want for it?

pault5
Thursday 24th August 2006, 19:27
Indeed, i couldnt think of that word 'flange' and im doing an engineering degree! Im up in Darlington, Co.Durham, I've been looking on ebay but they are few and far between. Your help is much appreciated. How much would you want for it?

if you mean me £30, but it's a bit big to post!
paul

polty16v
Thursday 24th August 2006, 19:46
Sorry, im new to this forum thang! £30 sounds great, its just what i need. I could look into courier cost if you think its too big to post?

pault5
Thursday 24th August 2006, 23:39
Sorry, im new to this forum thang! £30 sounds great, its just what i need. I could look into courier cost if you think its too big to post?

you have a pm.
paul

polty16v
Saturday 26th August 2006, 10:51
Hello everyone, i'm still looking for this item, mainly just the flange to connect, so if anyone can help please do, it'll be much appreciated. Thanks, neil.

:anmflower

BlackBeast
Saturday 26th August 2006, 11:11
What turbo does a T4 have? Is it a Mitsubishi? If it is, depending how long you can wait, QBM sell just the flange only, and we have a group buy with them at the moment.

Cant think of anywhere else that sells flanges only. Easiest way is just buy the downpipe for the T4 and chop it up.

Try the link below. Make sure you say you want a second hand downpipe as they will most likely try and sell you a brand new one lol.

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/my/mgps.my?Search=1&slctCar=Volvo&slctCommercial=-&slctFourByFour=-&slctBike=-&search1.x=19&search1.y=16

madness
Monday 28th August 2006, 20:41
what clio is it? im interested

After_Shock
Monday 28th August 2006, 20:52

Yeah me too as its up my way, wont pick a race with it!

polty16v
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 12:44

Its a '91 Jplate 1.8 16v, or at least it was, it now has siiting in it a T4 lump :)
I've got a few things to do before its running but i'll keep ya updated, and i'll post some pics once it looks a little better!

polty16v
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 12:46
What turbo does a T4 have? Is it a Mitsubishi? If it is, depending how long you can wait, QBM sell just the flange only, and we have a group buy with them at the moment.

Cant think of anywhere else that sells flanges only. Easiest way is just buy the downpipe for the T4 and chop it up.

Try the link below. Make sure you say you want a second hand downpipe as they will most likely try and sell you a brand new one lol.

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/my/mgps.my?Search=1&slctCar=Volvo&slctCommercial=-&slctFourByFour=-&slctBike=-&search1.x=19&search1.y=16

Thankyou very much, i now have on its way the much needed downpipe, and i've just heard my ECU has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xmas come early for me!:santawave