PDA

View Full Version : One for Ross!

Murphy
Thursday 24th August 2006, 13:46
What looks to be an 3 door classic impreza v's a nissan Micra ?!?!

Click me (http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Iqy/?action=view&current=Movie.flv)

mazza
Thursday 24th August 2006, 14:35
LOL,that was funny!!!!!!

Ross9
Friday 25th August 2006, 19:15
Don't even have to click it and I know what vid it is lol.

Shot at Crail incidently.

Scooby is a Uk 4 door one, though it must have some mods as it's best 1/4 is listed at 13.4

The Micra is owned buy a guy I know called Dave, I was almost taking it on his behalf to a club drag day up here in a couple of weeks time, but the Rover is almost back in action, had it out a wee shakedown drive the other day in it's fully stripped state etc so I'll be taking that and Dave is hopefully getting the day off to take the Micra.

Incidently, the Micra has a pulsar engine in it, is road legal, and fwd, driven to the event and back again. Got a cracking spec on it.

374 bhp, 324 lb/ft @ 20psi
680/685 kg without driver
best time so far is 12.18 @ 126.8mph

Ross

siamblue
Friday 25th August 2006, 19:49

Shot at Crail incidently.

Scooby is a Uk 4 door one, though it must have some mods as it's best 1/4 is listed at 13.4

The Micra is owned buy a guy I know called Dave, I was almost taking it on his behalf to a club drag day up here in a couple of weeks time, but the Rover is almost back in action, had it out a wee shakedown drive the other day in it's fully stripped state etc so I'll be taking that and Dave is hopefully getting the day off to take the Micra.

Incidently, the Micra has a pulsar engine in it, is road legal, and fwd, driven to the event and back again. Got a cracking spec on it.

Ross

the look on the scobby drivers face is priceless, he was trying so hard, that Micra is mental. 126 terminal bloody hell,

After_Shock
Friday 25th August 2006, 20:21

Ross

In a micra! Their unbelievable specs, would be hillarious having that for a day to see the faces on people driving all sorts of cars, im surprised it has traction in any gear though, he altered the front suspension much or put a diff in?

Murphy
Saturday 26th August 2006, 07:43
The ultimate sleeper :D

Ross9
Saturday 26th August 2006, 16:02
It has an LSD and some uprated suspension but it still could do with some work he reckons, also reckons it's time for a bigger turbo to make more power lol, which should also help traction, the GT28RS he has, with almost no exhaust as it exits in front of the drivers side wheel, means it has almost 0 lag, as soon as you hit the pedal it's off and spooling, a more gradual spool would probably help with the launch.

You should have seen it when it had 195 wide budget tyres on it lol, span almost the whole 400 metres and still managed to sneak a very high 12 lol.

Ross

After_Shock
Saturday 26th August 2006, 17:23
Thats one very mad guy and car!

Ross9
Saturday 26th August 2006, 18:37
lol, obviously theoretically only ;), but apparently the Micra's gearbox runs out at 170+mph, and if one were to attempt it on a motorway, due to the fact your in a stripped bare micra shell, you would bottle it around 160, theoretically lol.

I really must try and get a shot in a fortnight at the club drag day, he's going to kick my arse in teh fwd class so might as well have a shot of the car lol

Ross

abdul
Saturday 26th August 2006, 23:38
very fast micra

arbee
Saturday 26th August 2006, 23:53
thats a mad mad thing! Seen similarly powered novas shame some big boys on vauxhall days, great fun!

gtiteen
Sunday 27th August 2006, 00:27
Very impressive. Although i wonder why they didnt convert it to 4 wheel drive seeing as though they were taking a pulsars engine. Then it would be crazy quick off the line aswell.
Dave

After_Shock
Sunday 27th August 2006, 10:37
Very impressive. Although i wonder why they didnt convert it to 4 wheel drive seeing as though they were taking a pulsars engine. Then it would be crazy quick off the line aswell.
Dave

Only thing can think of if he wants to compete on races, converting it to 4WD will put it against some seriously quick cars which it probably couldnt get near with that power even though it doesnt weigh much.

Ross9
Sunday 27th August 2006, 14:54
Indeed he wanted to keep it fwd, 4wd would have involved making a transmission tunnel etc in the Micra as well no doubt.

Ross