PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Upgrade

the_player
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 17:40
I was wondering if anyone has done this on a C70 ? Whilst I am aware that the standard SC-901 and Dynaudio speakers are pretty good I would still like to upgrade. I was reading that the weak link in the system is the amp so I was thinking of upgrading the amp first, and then maybe the head and possibly even leaving the speakers in there if there is an improvement.

So.... any ideas ? anyone tried it ? I have a 2001 C70T5 by the way.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ben.

Azza
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 17:43
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to do a forum search and return some answers, i've seen loads of posts on this sort of topic, although someone here may be able to point you in the right direction better than me..

Azza

the_player
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 17:57
I have had a search but I can't really find any link with the info that I need. I did look a bit harder though and there is someone mentioning about replacing the stock amp with a better one, that is more appropriate for the DynAudios - but there is no report back on what he did etc... What I'd like to do ideally (if poss) would be to do this, and put the amp back in the same place (i.e. behind the passenger in the rear quarter). Just need som recommendations of Amps, specs and if this is even viable!!!

Ben.

T-5ones
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 18:49
HI Ben,

I've just taken a whole custom system out of my old volvo to return it to standard for the sale. The amps etc are in perfect condition but now worthless on the second hand market.Got the rca cables etc,. If you need anything I may be able to help, unless you want brand new kit.

Tim

the_player
Thursday 24th August 2006, 09:33
Yes I would be interested - what have you got. How much difference does changing the stock amp make ?

T-5ones
Thursday 24th August 2006, 10:46
I'll go see what ive got. Most of its kenwood.

I dont know how good your stock amp is so cant tell v's the Kenwood. Im maybe not the best person for advice. Mulletboy2 has a crackin system, maybe he's the sort of person who can best advise.

I'll be back.

T-5ones
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 14:48
Very sorry for the delay, been v busy.

If you would like anything of the below, just let me know. I'm sure a price can be agreed on as I cant sell them for much.

Kind regards,

Tim

I have two mint Kenwood KAC-728 amps. I was using one for the door speakers and one for the 10" sub on the clio

I have a Denon DCA-800 which is 'very used' (but works very well with perfect sound) as it was second hand to me. Which I was using to power the door speakers and sub on the volvo.

Got a 10" kenwood sub very good condition installed in a non ported box.

Got loads of RCA cables up for grabs so dont buy new if you dont want to.

Got a kenwood mask headunit will read burned mp3 cd's. kdcm9021 with steering remote and two other remotes.

Got a kenwood half din graphic equalizer kgc-6042a

Got a 10 disc cd changer (not dvd or mp3)

got a pair of kenwood passive crossovers with tweeters.

T-5ones
Monday 4th September 2006, 08:41
Can anyone please help?

I'm trying to contact "the_player" without any luck. (Tied pm) Does anyone know him and can get in touch as I need to talk.

Any help very much appreciated.

Tim

the_player
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 12:49
Sorry mate - been on holiday for a week and not had a chance to get back to you. Drop me a PM (have checked but you haven't sent me any !??)

T-5ones
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:44
Pm'd

siamblue
Wednesday 6th September 2006, 15:50
I was wondering if anyone has done this on a C70 ? Whilst I am aware that the standard SC-901 and Dynaudio speakers are pretty good I would still like to upgrade. I was reading that the weak link in the system is the amp so I was thinking of upgrading the amp first, and then maybe the head and possibly even leaving the speakers in there if there is an improvement.

So.... any ideas ? anyone tried it ? I have a 2001 C70T5 by the way.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ben.

well Ben my speakers are weakest than my amp, i can really drive them, not sure what power my amp is on my Dolby Pro logic system, but i would uprate the door speakers first,
I have heard there are 4x50 and 4x100 amps available,