PDA

View Full Version : One of the best bushes I have had!!!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 10:27
Was bored on Sunday night and thought i would stick the poly top mount bush in the Volvo as it was defo needing done anyway, what a fab mod!!! If it was measure in smiles per miles its worth a fortune, only question i want to ask , has anyone ever replaced the alloy bracket with bush in it that is bolted through the bulkhead ( the stabiliser that the arm bolts to ) is tehre a poly bush available for that ... I just love the gurgle that comes of the car now!!!!

abdul
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 10:32
have u got more noise in the cabin

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 10:35
it defines the engine noise more when accelerating, definately not intrusive tho but makes you want to keep accelerating!! and maybe my imagination but seems smoother , gearchanges feel tighter too so defo worth it

t5tart
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 11:09
i found all of the above also

BlackBeast
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 11:20
is tehre a poly bush available for that ... I just love the gurgle that comes of the car now!!!!

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_mountfirewall.html

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 11:40
Just ordered that !!! Have you got it ?

BlackBeast
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 12:07
Just ordered that !!! Have you got it ?

Doh, should have told you the group buy is still on and your more than welcome to join. You will not get an answer from QBM just yet due to illhealth, so if you want to cancel the email and get a discount on that part, its up to you :) Send me a pm if you want to join the GB.

Montana
Friday 1st September 2006, 19:28
I've just purchased a Powerflex Poly Bush. I plan to install it this weekend.

The bugger is it did not come with any fitting instructions!!!!

I think it should be apretty straight forward fitting (but i'm no way an Enzo Ferrari under the bonnet!). Are there any pitfalls I need to bear in mind before I dive into the engine bay headfirst??

pault5
Friday 1st September 2006, 19:35
Doh, should have told you the group buy is still on and your more than welcome to join. You will not get an answer from QBM just yet due to illhealth, so if you want to cancel the email and get a discount on that part, its up to you :) Send me a pm if you want to join the GB.

i had a reply today to my email to qbm for my rear brace not part of your gb, but he is away until 9 sept.
he is battling serious illness at the moment.
paul

pault5
Friday 1st September 2006, 19:39
i replaced the bualkhead mount with a volvo one, the new one is a slightly different design, a bit more heavy duty. the old one was in a pretty sorry state which isn't easy to see in situ.
paul

The Flying Banana
Friday 1st September 2006, 21:27
Was it expensive and did it make a difference?

pault5
Friday 1st September 2006, 23:09
Was it expensive and did it make a difference?

i can't remember what it cost so it couldn't have been that much.
i changed it with the top mount bush so it's hard to say if it made a difference on it's own.
paul

mexybhouy
Friday 25th July 2008, 23:32
I also need the firewall bush as the Yanks like to call it (Bulkhead to you and me) and i would like an uprated version! do parts for VULVA on line do one? LOL!!!!!