PDA

View Full Version : Sub Woofers

Jaseb77
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:38
Guys,

I have heard mention some C70's with Subs, in the back seats .

Was this an option, I have the pro-logic setup, but dont see large subs anywhere ?

can you retro-fit them ?

any ideas

st1t5
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:50
Is the sub not in the boot tucked away behind the trim on either the left or right side ?? ... im sure i read something and it said it was there .....

After_Shock
Monday 21st August 2006, 18:11
Came on the cabrio only I think, but yeah twin subs one directly behind each of the rear seats. Theirs a switch in the back for rear seat passengers to switch them off as it gets annoying having them on sat their!

Azza
Monday 21st August 2006, 18:15
Hehe yeah, my 6 year old likes pushing that button!

Azza

arfur
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 10:21
Cabrio only I think .... Get's very loud in there with the roof down.. What are those hand signals that pedestrians give to me ??? They look rude ! :)

Rufe
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 13:43
these are not big subs, i think they were something like 8" diameter iirc (may be wrong) and yes they fit in the rear seats. i have never seen a car with them and i am not sure that you can see them, but in the accessory catalouge they list them for c70 cab's only, and in the picture you can see that there are speakers actually in the seats (i dont know if you can see them like this when they are fitted though, may be a misleading picture?)

if you look in the back of the c70's by the cigarette lighter for the rear passengers, theres a blank switch, this is where the switch is that after shock mentioned, for switching the rear subs off when people are in the back. price wise, again i'm not sure (never sold them, only priced them up a couple of times in the past), but think the retail is around £230 or so

arfur
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 15:00
No, you cant see them but they can be seen from in the boot if you pull the carpet down. 8" looks about right, and the switch is useful as they really do pound the back seats.

Jaseb77
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 15:35
Thanks Guys

My idea was to have them and the parcel shelf speakers, (maybe a bit of overkill though)

I wonder if the wiring is there ?, I will pull the carpet back in the boot and have a look

cheers

After_Shock
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 18:07
I doubt their will be the wires their as they were on cabs only, could be worth a look though. Problem with fitting them to the coupe will be that they are just exposed in the boot where with the cab they are hidden.

Im 90% sure they are 9inch subs so a bit of a weird size.

Paul
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 18:12
Yea im also sure they are 9"

c70mel
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 20:34
Arnt the rear shelf speakers in a coupe 8" subs anyway? Plus some big size speakers in the front door! I took a pic of them the other week when I had my door card off.. never seen owt so big as standard :) ou errr.

All in all what a brilliant sound/setup imo!

Rufe
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 18:05
think the retail is around £230 or so
how worng was i, lol!

i priced these up earlier, a whopping £484 including vat retail price on them. ouch

After_Shock
Wednesday 23rd August 2006, 23:46
how worng was i, lol!

i priced these up earlier, a whopping £484 including vat retail price on them. ouch

Nice price!

The ones in the rear shelf on the coupe's are mid/bass units not subs, although they do a very good job!