PDA

View Full Version : Warning buzzer ??

st1t5
Monday 21st August 2006, 14:18
Is there a warning buzzer suppoused to come on if you have left the lights on ? ..... my girlfriend has now left the lights on again and flattened the battery ...

Azza
Monday 21st August 2006, 14:52
I've never heard one, but when i take the keys out of the ignition, even if i've left the lights on, they turn off...

Azza

Adge
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:23
My lights go off with the ignition off. No need for other warning systems.

chriskay
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:29
My lights go off with the ignition off. No need for other warning systems.
Yes, mine too,- if they are switched to mains, but not if they're in the park position. Maybe that's what happened?
Cheers, Chris.

Jaseb77
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:36
Roddy

If you have changed the DRL switch on the dash, i.e. switched them off, then you can leave the lights on and you get no warning.

if you put the DRL's back on then you cannot, leave the lights on

Yes I have done it too.

I have turned off my DRL's, as I was fed up buying bulbs every other month when they popped.

lance
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:45
Side lights stay on if left on!
I had a 1989 skoda estelle and it had a lights left on warning buzzer and so did my old 1984 vauxhall cavalier!

st1t5
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:48
Side lights stay on if left on!

Yip. its the side lights she has been leaving on ...

What is a DRL lads ?

Iv just been out your way Jase as it was at her work she left them on so iv took the C70 back home to give it a run and left ther the 21t ... lol

Jaseb77
Monday 21st August 2006, 15:50
DRL

Daytime Running lights.

is your Dip beam on all the time or not . ?

st1t5
Monday 21st August 2006, 16:29
Just been out reading the book Jase and iv got it sorted now mate ... yeah my DRL's are off ..... from now on i'll tell her if she keeps planning to forget to turn the lights off then make sure they are on dips and not side .. lol .. what a cool idea though ...

Thanks all ... ;)