PDA

View Full Version : Wheel nut key

bubba_1986
Saturday 19th August 2006, 16:45
Hey guys and gals

Yet another problem, went to chnage front right trackrod end today to find that my locking wheel nut key is a missing

Looked everywhere and cant find it, any idea's where i can purchase one, or a def method of getting them off so that i can buy aftermarket one's

Cheers

bubba_1986
Saturday 19th August 2006, 16:59
They the same as this

pzorb
Saturday 19th August 2006, 17:14
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10220&highlight=locking+wheel+nut

at the bottom. set of those will chew through them.

bubba_1986
Saturday 19th August 2006, 17:40
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10220&highlight=locking+wheel+nut

at the bottom. set of those will chew through them.

Cheers mate, gonna have another lk for the key

Where do you get them from as only had quick lk at thread

Rufe
Sunday 20th August 2006, 20:59
you cant get replacements unfortunately mate.

you can get them of though, they are not stuck on there forever, but it can be a pain. in work we usually use a funnel shaped special tool to allow you to safely weld a nut onto the top of the lock nut without damaging the wheel, and then take the nut out from the wheel using that welded on nut.

bubba_1986
Sunday 20th August 2006, 23:10
you cant get replacements unfortunately mate.

you can get them of though, they are not stuck on there forever, but it can be a pain. in work we usually use a funnel shaped special tool to allow you to safely weld a nut onto the top of the lock nut without damaging the wheel, and then take the nut out from the wheel using that welded on nut.

I phoned up dealer today, they told me they could sell me the key for locking nuts, as long as i could prove i owned the car :confused:

Was thinking of giving marshalls a ring tomoorow to see if this is true and get price, saves me leaving work to go pick them up when can get marshalls to deliver

Rufe
Monday 21st August 2006, 19:25
some of the newer cars had a small white card inside the vehicle book pack, which included a code for the key. however, we have tried to identify these codes for customers who have lost this code card in the past, and could not get anywhere with it. i didnt think you had these in c70's, maybe in the very last run of them perhaps, but i didnt think so. if you do have this card, there is a telephone number on there you can call with the code and they will be able to send one out to you. like i said thoguh, i wasn't aware that any of the c70 (coupes) had these cards, though i may be wrong. if you dont have the card, it could be difficult to get a replacement key, as how would they know which code to order, as no record is kept?

bubba_1986
Monday 21st August 2006, 21:55
some of the newer cars had a small white card inside the vehicle book pack, which included a code for the key. however, we have tried to identify these codes for customers who have lost this code card in the past, and could not get anywhere with it. i didnt think you had these in c70's, maybe in the very last run of them perhaps, but i didnt think so. if you do have this card, there is a telephone number on there you can call with the code and they will be able to send one out to you. like i said thoguh, i wasn't aware that any of the c70 (coupes) had these cards, though i may be wrong. if you dont have the card, it could be difficult to get a replacement key, as how would they know which code to order, as no record is kept?

Well i phoned wayne up today. Can't get me the key, and i dont have a white card as you described, cheers anyway

Looking at getting a brand new set of locking nuts, think wayne said 37.50 it was for them, though i emailed justin for discount code

Am gonna have tones of fun getting old one's off, as not buying the tool as that is just more money :(