lil_me
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 20:03
anyone used one or know how good/bad they are

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 09:19
Co2 no but H2o yes.

After_Shock
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 12:30
From what ive read I would have said the Co2 was the better as opposed to the water based systems.

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 12:32
From what ive read I would have said the Co2 was the better as opposed to the water based systems.

It cools better prior to the run, but once on the move the water will carry on working making a more constant reduction in intake temps.

Pedro Fandango
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 14:28
& water is alot more available than CO2

After_Shock
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:18
I would have thought with the C02 offering much cooler temps anyway especially on hot days when water naturally warms up especially if in the engine bay that the C02 is the better set up.

Obviously its not as available as from the tap in the kitchen but C02 is still easy enough to find, providing people will let you have some!

Does the C02 not offer more flexibility with more applications?

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:25
Co2 only works while your stationary. Once moving it would be dispersed to easily by the air currents providing no benefit.

H2O however will get applied to the IC surface and with the flow of air its cooling effect is multiplied 10 fold.

+ H2O can be bridged off into a water injection system where as Co2 cant.

glock19
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:39
You wouldn't know of a real fire when the CO2 is being dispensed .. :D

Bracer
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 15:42
You wouldn't know of a real fire when the CO2 is being dispensed .. :D

Thats a very good point, so maybe it would bring your insurance down as you could list it as a safty mod :lol:

mac855t5r
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 19:09
And the marshals at 'pod' might not jump up and down 'bout their track surface gettin wet?!?

After_Shock
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 20:33
True with it being a gas however if its applied by one of those intercooler sprayer things which covers a large area and is directly on the surface its still going to cool it alot as the gas exits is then passed over the intercooler by the air which is what its meant to do?

The C02 system can be plumbed into the intake system to cool the system alot, however it only seems to work on certain cars well must be done after the MAF, however it sounds just as dodgy as the aquamist systems which dont seem to help some engines.

Bracer
Thursday 7th April 2005, 13:24
And the marshals at 'pod' might not jump up and down 'bout their track surface gettin wet?!?

Very good point !

fact is if it was a decent surface a touch of damp wouldn't be a problem :wallbash:

mac855t5r
Thursday 7th April 2005, 16:49
Not been to the pod in years... Track re-layed in '92 I think. Is it back to a lunar landscape then? Was always best to find a run wot u brung meet as close after an international meet as pos.... the track gets sparyed with sticky stuff for internationals to improve it's times.
Watch those cogboxes though, we used to have a giggle watching 'GTi's grenading at the 20'...

Best time..? 10.76 (not road legal)

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 08:33
Not been to the pod in years... Track re-layed in '92 I think. Is it back to a lunar landscape then? Was always best to find a run wot u brung meet as close after an international meet as pos.... the track gets sparyed with sticky stuff for internationals to improve it's times.
Watch those cogboxes though, we used to have a giggle watching 'GTi's grenading at the 20'...

Best time..? 10.76 (not road legal)

10.76 :yikes: what the devil was it ? spec please :eclipsee_

mac855t5r
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:48
Air power!!!!

Pro-Stock VW Beetle

2100cc, VERY detailed blue-print, One off crank, case, heads, Wisco, Carrillo, 60IDA's, NO TURBO. NO GAS. 260 ish HP.

If anyone looked at the VWDRC scene back in the early ninetys... John Maher Racing... the first naturally asperated VW outside the USA into the 'tens'... Sadly totalled at Avon Park... end over barrel roll at 160... tripped the 1/4 on it's nose still in the high tens... John driving... no injuries... Ah the good old days...

Bracer
Friday 8th April 2005, 09:50
Air power!!!!

Pro-Stock VW Beetle

2100cc, VERY detailed blue-print, One off crank, case, heads, Wisco, Carrillo, 60IDA's, NO TURBO. NO GAS. 260 ish HP.

If anyone looked at the VWDRC scene back in the early ninetys... John Maher Racing... the first naturally asperated VW outside the USA into the 'tens'... Sadly totalled at Avon Park... end over barrel roll at 160... tripped the 1/4 on it's nose still in the high tens... John driving... no injuries... Ah the good old days...

:yikes:

Herby :tombstone

Ross9
Sunday 10th April 2005, 02:24
Got to love the commitment, end over roll to cut down on friction between tyres and road, sub 11. RESULT.

Ross