PDA

View Full Version : What Have I done?

Bigtony
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:15
Hi guys

Its the crazy DIYer here again, On monday I took off my inlet manifold to sort out the breather system (PCV) this was done quite easily and the breathers are fine now. I replaced my inlet manifold (a 95 one) as mine looked a bit worse for wear :). The time then came to start up.......the engine kicked into life then died, tried again the same thing (wont idle) I put a little revs on it the next time it revved but then it started coughing and spitting (you could hear it popping in the manifold). I immediately thought it was the manifold so I took it all back down and put my original manifold back on, the same problem still.

I have checked all wires leads etc, cant find any fault - I then took the plugs out (these are new about a week old) and they stank of petrol seams that they are folded I am going to change them by tomorrow and try again. Has anyone ever had this problem? any ideas as to why this happend in the first place?]

t5tart
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:17
check maf sensor connection and idler control valve

Bigtony
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:23
checked and double checked I even cleaned out the idler - are the connections the same? could it be that I have plade the wrong plug on the wrong bit? what is the connection on the trottle body for?

t5tart
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:25
ure but you could have grossed them over but it would make one a bit tight on the wire
wouldnt hurt to try swap them and see if they fit better ?

t5tart
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:25
oh is it for the throttle position sensor??

Bigtony
Friday 18th August 2006, 14:31
Hmmn..could be....the thing is the car will start but wont idle at all if you hold the revvs it props and bangs via the inlet, manifold. shyt man I was just doing a clean up job!

nobananas
Friday 18th August 2006, 22:28
You can't mix up an injector plug with the IAC valve plug at all can you ? I did this by accident after a rushed head job on a saab 93 turbo a few weeks ago with similar results !

Bigtony
Saturday 19th August 2006, 00:47
You can't mix up an injector plug with the IAC valve plug at all can you ? I did this by accident after a rushed head job on a saab 93 turbo a few weeks ago with similar results !

Injector plug? not sure if I follow you

nobananas
Saturday 19th August 2006, 01:11
No it's all right, scratch that ! Getting my motors mixed up ! A few weeks ago I rushed a head gasket job, had to pull out all the loom and when I reconnected it got one of the multi-plugs going to the one of the injectors mixed up with the multiplug going to the iac valve (same colour and type, an inch from each other) ran a bit odd I can tell you !