PDA

View Full Version : Advise and ALoud Knock from front wheel

GregE102
Thursday 17th August 2006, 12:24
Hi Every One

Need some advise on a couple of items
1. When i pull into my drive and apply full right lock, just as i go up a one inch kerb i get a rather lound knock from my front right wheel, this only happens on full lock and never at any other time?.
I am having the front suspensin bushes replaced with uprated ones as when i brake from speed i get a vibration almost like bouncing from the front end, i dont think this is related to the above problem.
2 Brake upgrades on 96 T5 R saloon, I am not sure if they are 280mm or 302mm for a start, I would like to replace the discs and pads may be hose as well so advise welcome.
3 Dose anyone know where i can get a wheel jack from I have been looking on ebay with no luck.

Thanks Every One
Greg

iGGy
Thursday 17th August 2006, 13:43
The knock will probably be the lock stop not being greased up. If you look from the front of the car at the lower control arms, there is a piece of plastic riveted (usually) on to the arm where the lock stop on the hub hits.

Replacing the bushes is always a good idea, but you need to check the other swivel joint on the arm as there's no point in replacing the bushes if the joint is worn...been there done that.

Brakes from the factory should be 280MM, the only way to really tell is measure the disc. Going to 302MM will require different caliper brackets and slightly longer brake hoses. A little search on here will give you a number of threads with regard to part numbers etc.

Salvo should have a wheel jack, check the members discount section for contact details.

GregE102
Thursday 17th August 2006, 14:28
Thanks for your advise I will do that.
Greg