PDA

View Full Version : MAF sensor

Transient
Thursday 17th August 2006, 12:23
Hey folks how is everyone? I was wondering if anyone was having problems after tuning with the MAF? I have got my motor running to 400 bhp and it seems to have knocked the MAF out. can anyone help or tell me how to fix this?

Tim

volvotuning
Thursday 17th August 2006, 12:52
have you tried a new MAF?

Adam.

Transient
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:16
Yes it knocked that one out straight away too. Is there a limit to what they can cope with?

volvotuning
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:18
What airbox setup are you running and what filter?

Adam.

SaffronC70
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:32
Hi Transient

Give SW-autos.co.uk a bell and ask them about an ECU that replaces the MAF - Stu will know what you are talking about.

It will imitate the MAF sensor output using a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor - this is not ideal for economy etc etc but good if you are going for big power.

Chris

Transient
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:33
pipercross cone

BlackBeast
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:34
Is the pipercross directly bolted up to the MAF?

volvotuning
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:54
Hi Transient

Give SW-autos.co.uk a bell and ask them about an ECU that replaces the MAF - Stu will know what you are talking about.

It will imitate the MAF sensor output using a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor - this is not ideal for economy etc etc but good if you are going for big power.

Chris

You don't need this. There are no problems with using a stock MAF for big power, but some filter arrangements do cause problems.

Adam

volvotuning
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:54
pipercross cone

Try the stock airbox and see if it's still the same problem.

Adam.

SaffronC70
Thursday 17th August 2006, 16:55
I didn't say you did.

However, it will eliminate the MAF completely so you could stick a cone right onto the turbo if you wanted !

Chris