PDA

View Full Version : RICA... ere we go...

jim.covers
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 14:57
Well u lot convinced me now.

Reading thro all the threads etc, recommendations, reading thro VT website etc. i took the plunge, had a nice little chat with Hamish & i am booked in for the jobby next weds (13th).

what is it with us.... i got the fastest car i ever had, only had it 2 months... when i drive it i got a big grin on me head, yet still want/need more power
:slap:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 14:59
I may see you down there Jim as I need to take the old girl down for Adam to play with (ohh er Mrs) on Wednesday afternoon!

Good luck with it - I'm sure you wont be disappointed!

x

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:02
I can come and say hello if you like Jim?

:Handshake

The search for more power is an addictive process.

"It's Volvo Jim, but not as we know it!"

Getting in and driving a regular eurobox from time to time will make you appreciate where you are.

jim.covers
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:03
HEHEHE.

That would be cool Mrs. i should think we will be there till mid afternoon

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:04
Sounds like a plan! It would be rude not to come and say hello Dave with you being so close and all..... :wave23d:

x

jim.covers
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:05
Yeah do Dave.

That would be great also, I hoping to get to the Warrington get together, it would be good to put faces to names

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:06
Feeling the Ovlov again :lovestory

Murphy
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:31
I love posts like this. When people book their car in and it doesn't matter how much they have read about the product and they acknowledge the power gains, it is the 1st post after the drive back from Bromsgrove that makes me laugh.....

"I knew it would be fast, but WOW - didn't expect to see 7000 rpm in 5th" !!! lol

Good choice getting the RICA, you will not regret it :)

jim.covers
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:34
Lmao.... oh i hope i writing that..... not jeees.... i just bin pulled on way back doin..... whatever it will do at 7000 rpm in 5th :slap:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:40
Lmao.... oh i hope i writing that..... not jeees.... i just bin pulled on way back doin..... whatever it will do at 7000 rpm in 5th :slap:

....the clock - namely you will run out of numbers

Bracer
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 15:45
Good choise :B_steerin

t5uk
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 20:55
Does no one on here reccomend the TME upgrade; I've been away for some time from this game but it used to be 'THE' ECU upgrade to have?

It was always considered less aggressive than th RICA upgrade with the power coming in slower but ultimately as good (285bhp).

Just wondered why it never got mentioned anymore?

swordy21
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 21:29
I'm going to VT on the 15th (Friday), for some friendly chats with (or to be laughed at) by both Adam & Hamish, who shall be making vast sums of money helping me stop bouncing and knocking, swerving and wriggling, and then going ZZZZZZZoooooooommmmmm in a straight line.

N Y one wanna pop along to say howdy? I shall be in collar and tie - (supposed to be at work ya see)

Ciao

GuyD5
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 21:40
I'm going to VT on the 15th

What time are you going to be there? morning or afternoon? :)

swordy21
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 21:48
What time are you going to be there? morning or afternoon? :)
Booked in from 10am, and having front suspension sorted and Rica'd at same time so I guess at least a couple of hours, if not slightly more.

GuyD5
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 22:58
put it in me diary ... work permitting, hopefully see you there ... had the upgrade and the suspension done on mine there .... awesome :)

swordy21
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 23:28
Gud Man - C U there if poss

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 00:13
looks like I may have to pop down there twice!

glock19
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 00:31
I've check the maps going into VT. Most roads do not allow you to go full throttle or a dyno will do ?

swordy21
Wednesday 6th April 2005, 22:07
That B4091 looks quite straight and true. HHHhhmmmmm Meethinks if some traffic lights abound could practice my reaction starts for the next Avon meet ..........

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 7th April 2005, 00:46
You have the Redditch Bypass nearby and the A38 both with national speed limits (to be exceeded)

jim.covers
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 15:25
Well the big day nearly ere.... :D

Booked in weds morn about 11ish for Rica and Eibach Prokit.

So Dave & Mrsmopp if you can still make it down for a chat, that would be great, if not np.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 15:59
Jim - I am going to make best effort to be around at lunchtime. I am not sure that MrsMopp is able to attend, alas :cry: - so you might just have to make do with me.

jim.covers
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 16:08
no worries if you cant mate, will meet 1 day i'm sure.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 16:13
I'll be there - don't you worry.

MattB
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:18
This mod sounds great - how much does it cost and where can I get it done?? :scared:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:32
If you are having a remap then the MBC is redundant. You can't have both and they are not cumulative. Volvotuning are the UK Suppliers of the RICA upgrade. They are in Bromsgrove - south and west of Brum. The principal contacts are Hamish and Adam. Telephone no is 01527 577710.

If you say you are from this Site you may be able to get a small discount. I am not certain of the prices at the moment as they are changing as newer products are developed e.g. for the new V70/S60 models.

Hamish and co are always happy to answer any questions you might have and I believe they still do a "try before you buy" on the RICA upgrade.

MattB
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:40
Many thanks for the contacts dave - i'll be sure to give them a call.
could i use an MBC as a temporary mod until my piggy bank is big enough for the rica upgrade? :confused:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 12th April 2005, 23:47
Indeed Mrsmopp went that way before taking the plunge. MBC is a cheap and cheerful way of achieving bigger boost. The major problem is that it is mechanical and not interpretive of conditions so you have to be careful when setting it up. Bracer has put together a how 2 plus there a many threads covering the question (just use the search facility).

ECU upgrades are a more expensive but more complete way of tuning the car because you are using the same control systems as stock but with different boundaries. RICA is a very popular way of doing this but there are others such as BSR and TME.

I am biased towards the RICA but it is worthwhile doing some hunting to find out for yourself what you get for your money.

GuyD5
Wednesday 13th April 2005, 23:58
Hi Jim

Good to meet up with you today :)

And how was the journey home? ;)

jim.covers
Thursday 14th April 2005, 10:43
Hiya Guy.

It was superb Meeting you to.

Trip home was erm... Very Nice :eye-poppi