PDA

View Full Version : Weitec suspension scam?

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 20:22
I haven't heard the reply from my vendor, nor weitec but today I received 4 OEM sachs branded shocks in a very expensive Weitec box. I started a thread in the US as they have more experience with the product.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=56955

Tell me what you think. I'm a bit f*cked off.

thunderace
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 20:26
pzorb have you asked for a refund yet?

T5ER
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 20:28
bit unfair that mate,you want the pukka items tbh

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 20:32
pzorb have you asked for a refund yet?
I await the coming working day. Pain in the assets though as I needed to do this job this weekend.

Redbrick
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 21:20
I haven't heard the reply from my vendor, nor weitec but today I received 4 OEM sachs branded shocks in a very expensive Weitec box. I started a thread in the US as they have more experience with the product.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=56955

Tell me what you think. I'm a bit f*cked off.

Was well chuffed when you said you'd gone for them but WTF that's a disgrace- who's the vendor?

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 21:31
Europerformance car parts, but direct from Weitec in Germany to my door. Making me chuckle now how on volvospeed they say that the weitecs are way better than stock and generally were the best shock deal out there. Um, they *ARE* stock. Whoops, that's embarrassing.

Redbrick
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 22:10
Very very odd- I can fully understand your displeasure.

I bought an Eibach spring and shock kit for our Passat called a Pro something- that had Boge shocks in the kit branded as Eibach! No complaints from me though it's fantastic!

Even though your shocks say Sachs are they standard Sachs? KW make Weitec does that mean Sachs make KW and if they did would that make KW inferior? Do you see what I mean?

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 22:32
Yeah I do. I looked at the KW group page and they don't seem related to Sachs. And the invoice was from KW themselves for sachs parts...

Before I did anything I went on partsforvolvos and low and behold, the same part numbers on my Sachs are the same part numbers for the OEM replacement items on said website.

Not impressed. I don't give a rats how good the kit is, the fact is the sachs replacement parts cost £146.52 leaving the springs to work out at £265.48 - ok they might be amazing springs but buying the springs alone from europerformance cost £116. So that's £149.48 for a Weitec box, four Weitec stickers, and a bad taste in one's mouth

After_Shock
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 23:08
Doesnt sound good and not easy to sort out with the distances and country's involved.

Hopefully they will sort it out quickly for you.

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 23:18
There's talk on the US forum that the struts are reengineered by Weitec, what do you guys think about this? Both the possibility and the acceptability of it - would you be happy in my position?

After_Shock
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 23:24
As you mention the part numbers match which I woudlnt be happy with but if they are re-engineered standard items then they wouldnt have been changed.

In my mind if they are OEM bits re-engineered they shouldnt be getting sold as Weitec items.

However they could be excellent units which share little with the standard bits.

pzorb
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 23:27
I'll ring my displeasure through tomorrow, and leave this a full day to gauge opinions on it before deciding whether to keep it or not. Certainly if it seems they're vanilla OEM they're going back; if they've been tweaked I might be inclined to keep them for originality's sake (hmmn)

Redbrick
Thursday 17th August 2006, 00:13
I'll ring my displeasure through tomorrow, and leave this a full day to gauge opinions on it before deciding whether to keep it or not. Certainly if it seems they're vanilla OEM they're going back; if they've been tweaked I might be inclined to keep them for originality's sake (hmmn)

Tough decision. Don't know what I'd do if I were in your position. Does gdogg's PM off VS shed any light on the situation?

blackbooty
Thursday 17th August 2006, 00:31
read thru 3 pages of the yank tripe mate, and to be honest... why did you even bother asking the cretins ????

kenhoeve and Anitanium from accrss the "disease barrier" ,you like to call it the pond (he he, no ones told em a small body of water is a pond ! ) , are evidence that producing children from within a "family" unit, isnt advisable.
(plays banjo in background) !!!

id be pi**** pz***.

wayne

Baj
Thursday 17th August 2006, 02:43
Theres always banjos in the background in Norfolk.

pzorb I would phone the supplier and calmly say you ordered x and appear to have got y and you are a little confused. See what their reaction is.
If they start fobbing you off then shout.

adriancole
Thursday 17th August 2006, 02:50
i agree with baz...start off like that then give then hell otherwise.....

pzorb
Thursday 17th August 2006, 07:53
Does gdogg's PM off VS shed any light on the situation? It does indeed. But I won't reproduce it because it's private. All I'll say is that what I've found and the conclusions I have drawn certainly have not been questioned...

RobA
Thursday 17th August 2006, 09:12
Absolutely gutted for you pzorb if it turns out to be the scam that it looks like...

I've been wanting the weitecs for ages after reading about them on VS and Swedespeed, they've been championed by so many and to find out that they're nothing more than OEM shocks and matched springs is very weird and surprising...

Keep us posted if and when you find out more

Good luck!

arbee
Thursday 17th August 2006, 09:20
I completely agree - regardles of whether the set up is any good or not, If i had been sold a product based on the description on Weitecs website I would be v miffed if some stock shocks arrved in a box - 'perfect match' or not!

blackbooty
Thursday 17th August 2006, 13:27
Theres always banjos in the background in Norfolk.

pzorb I would phone the supplier and calmly say you ordered x and appear to have got y and you are a little confused. See what their reaction is.
If they start fobbing you off then shout.

how was the pride parade Baj ??? enjoyed yourself no doubt .

gdogg16
Thursday 17th August 2006, 14:40
read thru 3 pages of the yank tripe mate, and to be honest... why did you even bother asking the cretins ????

kenhoeve and Anitanium from accrss the "disease barrier" ,you like to call it the pond (he he, no ones told em a small body of water is a pond ! ) , are evidence that producing children from within a "family" unit, isnt advisable.
(plays banjo in background) !!!

id be pi**** pz***.

wayne
Tell us how you really feel...:gossip:

pzorb
Thursday 17th August 2006, 18:05
Tell us how you really feel...:gossip:
I've replied to this over on VolvoSpeed. I'm interested in my Weitec situation - let's keep it a sensible debate.

As for the kit, I gave Weitec a full business day today to get back to me - they didn't. Looks like Weitec won't get trialled on these shores afterall.

iGGy
Thursday 17th August 2006, 19:23
Well, disregarding various daft comments from both sides, I find it very strange that Weitec don’t differentiate their dampers/struts by re-spraying and labelling them as a standalone product. Regardless of if they are actually part of the Sachs group (do we have that confirmed) or have Sachs manufacture their units for them.

It’s either incredibly lazy or commercially misguided on their part…

pzorb
Saturday 19th August 2006, 11:10
I have heard from KW regarding this; before I comment further I will await until 11am Monday for their response to my communications.

pzorb
Monday 21st August 2006, 11:24
I can confirm the shocks are 100% stock. Not re-valved, nor re-engineered. Stock. Too expensive to make them for such a small consumer demographic apparently. I hinted at a discount on coilovers to make up for the bad press, they didn't bite.

Website's being changed to reflect.

I think it's real funny that a few people who are 'experts' have been going round saying this stuff is the best, and therefore I shouldn't question their opinions. A few people cut me down for suggesting the thing was a scam. A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Immature response from me I know. But

A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. :D

Vikingxl
Monday 21st August 2006, 11:40
So are you sending them back?

iGGy
Monday 21st August 2006, 11:48
So are their springs just resprayed items too?...seeing how we're such a small demographic...

dougt5r
Monday 21st August 2006, 18:16
Wow thats gay.

I have weitecs on Theresa's wagon, but the FIRST set in the US and they ride pretty nice. Sounds like they've changed.

Engineer
Monday 21st August 2006, 18:25
I can confirm the shocks are 100% stock. Not re-valved, nor re-engineered. Stock. Too expensive to make them for such a small consumer demographic apparently. I hinted at a discount on coilovers to make up for the bad press, they didn't bite.

Website's being changed to reflect.

I think it's real funny that a few people who are 'experts' have been going round saying this stuff is the best, and therefore I shouldn't question their opinions. A few people cut me down for suggesting the thing was a scam. A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Immature response from me I know. But

A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. :D

Well done Mart, you took a fair amount of stick on this subject so nice to see your right but not so good for all the peeps that bought in the past, they going to pay you back for the aggro? :)

Al115
Monday 21st August 2006, 18:26
Just illustrates the state of the shocks on most people's cars - if putting new stock ones on can transform the handling!

Redbrick
Monday 21st August 2006, 19:12
What a joke. Some of the posters on VS should hang their heads in shame, to use their terms they've been 'owned' & 'OEM for the win'.

ha ha ha

dougt5r
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 04:08
Well done Mart, you took a fair amount of stick on this subject so nice to see your right but not so good for all the peeps that bought in the past, they going to pay you back for the aggro? :)

Mine had absolutely no Sachs markiings on them anywhere. I actually took the sachs kit OFF theresa's wagon and put my old weitecs on instead.

That being said, I wouldn't buy them now.

about vs... :riceboy: :saythat: