PDA

View Full Version : Racelogic

dougt5r
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 05:37
So I've noticed this seems more common amongst the brits than us yanks over the years. Anyone here have experience with it/the company?

It has always looked intrested and there isn't many US distributors (1 to be exact). Sort of thinking of turning in a dealer app.... my T5R sure could use it.

Doug

COL272727
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 11:40
Hi there Doug, i have had a few things off Racelogic in thepast and always found them to be helpful and on the ball with postage, not sure exactly what parts your looking for but you could always give them a ring direct, their number is +44 1280823803. Good luck mate . . . .

Redbrick
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 12:22
Company is really helpful.

Got mine through a Group buy on one of the UK T5 forums many years ago.

Resonably straight forward to fit (i'm told)! Connects to the ABS wires to get a speed signal from each wheel, when the sotware detects a wheel/ wheels out of spec it cuts injectors to make them all the speeds the same again, in very laymans terms for the benefit of others :)

It's worth doing if you have the time to spend programming the parameters via a laptop. Hopefully the system might have been improved as it was a PITA having to wait for the unit to power down before making adjustments.

The file is small so I can Email my finished version to you if you like. Might make a good place to start if you go ahead and then again you might enjoy starting from scratch, I think you're that sort of bloke lol

I assume you've downloaded the software from their website and had a look at it?

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control-Technical-Software

HTH

Andy

dougt5r
Friday 18th August 2006, 00:35
Thanks guys. I've heard about it for years.. just debating if I want to apply for dealer status with them or not. The installation would be a piece of cake for me.

NugentS
Saturday 19th August 2006, 21:37
I have their Traction Control on my car atm - cos I always wanted Traction Control rather than needing it. I got the kit second hand, almost unused from one of the Volvo sites a lot cheaper than new.

Myself and a friend tried to fit it but couldn't get it to respond correctly so drove up to their place near Superchips and they corrected the fitting, configured it and all is good.

Our mistake was that we had the wires to a couple of sensors reversed - its only a pulse so shouldn't matter - but apparently if you take the signal off the wrong wire it isn't very clean (seen on scope) which is a bit of a gotcha. Other than that our installation was good although the did change a couple of bits around to be a bit better.

Overall I have a very positive opinion of the company.

Sean

dougt5r
Sunday 20th August 2006, 06:41
Good info to know Sean.

How effective do you find it in use?

NugentS
Sunday 20th August 2006, 21:41
I think it would be more effective if I had a chipped T5/R rather than an unchipped LPT (unchipped because I have LPG on the car as opposed to any other reason)

In the wet, when pulling hard out of a junction it really works, even if it feels a bit alarming.

What more can I say - it does what it says in the tin. I even have the adjustable unit with different degrees of on - but I just hacked that out of the system and substituted a simple on off switch as I am not a race driver

Sean

Redbrick
Sunday 20th August 2006, 22:11
It worked for me up to the limits of my ability to program it.