3* 2 Bedroom 6 £80
3* 3 Bedroom 8 £90
4* 2 Bedroom 6 £80
4* 3 Bedroom 8 £90
Silver 2 Bedroom 6 £90
Silver 3 Bedroom 8 £95
Gold 2 Bedroom 4 £95
Gold 3 Bedroom 6 £110

All prices are for the WEEKEND. Based on a 3 night stay. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Pricing is based on a 3 night stay in self-catering accommodation. Prices include linen and entertainment passes, but do not include any additional facilities or equipment required.

Camping by arrangement. Offer price for Touring Caravans or Tent 50% discount on usual prices.

Events for the day are to be advised at a later date.

Please be advised that this is to be the CONFIRMED LIST and as such, a date WILL be set for the payment of money to cover either a deposit or full amount of the weekend. Final details have to be confirmed but it is our intention that NO money is to be handled by myself or any other party connected with VPCUK, as I say though, I am seeking guidance on this from the park.

CAMPERS & TOURERS
You will have a slightly different process to follow, a deal has been arranged to allow those who wish to "rough it", to get a 50% discount on their break. This will be made by the member themselves once they have been given an offer code and telephone contact at the park.
For prices of camping and touring, see this link. Don't forget, your 50% discount.
http://www.touringholidays.co.uk/Parks/YorkshireLincolnshire/thorpepark/?pageid=tcm:13-17168-64&linkname=parklist

DAY TICKETS
Some of you may well be thinking of attending, but not staying overnight. At this time, I believe this to be an available option. However clarification is required by the park as to the price for an entertainment pass. I include the option here and will offer full details when I have them.

I suggest for your information, you follow this link to see what Thorpe Park offers visitors.

http://www.havenholidays.com/Parks/YorkshireLincolnshire/thorpepark

Ok, here we go. It's another list. Please state preferred format of attendance ie Static, Touring, Camping or Day Ticket. This time please make it as long as we can.

1. Matt30462 + 3 (Static)
2. Arbee + 1 (Static)
3. Dicky & Tracey + 1 (Static)
4. Judge + 2 (Static)
5. Cueball + 4 (Static)
6. johnny d 850r + 3 ( Static)
7. madness + 3 (Camping)
8. Guy T5 + Pam (Touring)
9.Fletchv70AWD + 1 (Day Ticket)
10.Andrew + 3 (Static)
11. S70T5Chris + 3 (Static)
12. Justin, Kath & Robert aged 5 months (Static)
12.9. T5Owner + 3 (Static)
14. T5ER +3 (Static)
15. Moppy + 1 (Static)
16. Tomcat + 2 (Static
17. Rollergirl + 4 (Static)
18. Siamblue (Static)
19. godlikegary + 3 (Static)
20. stormhawk7 + Cheryl Tweedy. (Rocking about Static)
21. Blewis (Static)

arbee
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 21:28
2. arbee + 1 (Static 4* 2 Bed 6)

dicky b t5
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 21:29
Dicky B T5 + 3 ( Gold 2 Static ).

PS, Well done Matt, Top bit of orginising :Handshake

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 15th August 2006, 23:35
YEPPEE..!!! another list...!!!!

Me plus two please and I think that I'll have to live with the posh people and have a 2bed static caravan please.....thank you

Cueball_MOB
Wednesday 16th August 2006, 23:41
Cueball +4 Static please.

If anyone needs details of the park or surrounding area just let me know as I acted as the official scout - or as Matt puts it, his 'Tonto'.

It's really easy to find, 5 mins from the beach and attractions and the fish & chips in Cleethorpes are excellent. There's also a highly recommended Chinese 'eat all you can' buffet nearby.

So c'mon y'all - get your names down for a well priced, fun-packed weekend.

Cheers

Cue

Matt30462
Thursday 17th August 2006, 17:34
The offer prices listed on this thread were originally available until 30th August. I have managed to get this extended to the 29th October.
Get your names up quickly or you may well be left at home.

johnny d 850r
Friday 18th August 2006, 20:31
hi matt
please put me down for gold 3 bed me wife 2 kids,need a break as we have our own business not to many breaks and we will be able to kill 2 birds with one stone meet everyone and relax with a few tins and a few pals,look foward to it m8,johnny d 850R, let me know when you want money..cheers.

madness
Friday 18th August 2006, 21:55
madness + family (3) (tenting it , all you wusses in statics lol )

matt, forward me the contact details please

GuyD5
Monday 21st August 2006, 21:37
Guy and Pam (Tourer)

poochingaround
Monday 21st August 2006, 21:50
Are pets allowed Matt?

Matt30462
Monday 21st August 2006, 21:56
Are pets allowed Matt?

Dogs are allowed, I have no idea if Lions, Crocodiles, Cougars or Goldfish are accepted. Seriously, dogs are ok but please investigate the link to Thorpe Park as some breeds have restrictions.

GuyD5
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:08
Hi Matt

Do I have to notify them in some way to get the discount or will they pick up on it automatically when I fill in the booking form?

Cheers

Guy

PS your PM box is full :)

Matt30462
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:25
An email will be sent out shortly explaining booking details. Then, closer to the end of October when the discounted offer officially ends another email will be sent to those members who intend to go. This email will contain contact details and a booking reference. Members will be expected to place their own bookings and make deposit or full payments directly to Haven at that time.

Vikingxl
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:35
Matt can you find out about numbers on the dog front as a lot of places accept one or two but i have three and they arent exactly small either

JUDGENINJA
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:43
Matt can you find out about numbers on the dog front as a lot of places accept one or two but i have three and they arent exactly small either

I'll smuggle one in for you if you want..!!!!:biggrin:

Vikingxl
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:47
Nice one Judge

Matt30462
Monday 21st August 2006, 22:53

At this stage, without contacting them. The website states:

Maximum of 2 dogs.
Breeds not allowed: Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino?? Fil Brassiliero?????? & Japanese Tosa.

At this time, as it has not been covered in our discussions, the list price for a dog is £20,we may be able toi get this cheaper. Perhaps, someone else might book a third dog in for you? You didn't hear this suggestion from me though.

Vikingxl
Tuesday 22nd August 2006, 00:05
Cheers Matt i will look into it.It might not be an issue as my oldest dog isnt very well and unfortunatley may not be with us when this comes around but im hoping that he will be!

Matt30462
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 19:04
On the 6th August, Justin posted that VPCUK had welcomed it's 2000th member. Twenty six days later we now have 2075 registered members. After 2 months of hard work and research, I will be able to confirm to the people at the park who, kindly worked out some great discounts for us that...... the VPCUK National Meet 2007 has a grand total of 9 members commited to attend.

Excellent, well done all those that have put their names forward.

Andrew
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 19:35
<clensed by author>

T5ER
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 20:10
I will take another one for you as i have a dog guard in vimto :biggrin: so no worries on the dog front Rich

Engineer
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 20:16
Hi Matt, I’m sure we all appreciate your very considerable efforts and understand where you’re coming from and I’m one of those members who unfortunately are unable to attend. The logistics required for organising this and similar events are manifold as you have found out to your credit. I hope it turns around mate. :Handshake

T5ER
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 20:16
Right a couple of questions

1,is the price per person per night ???
2,when do we have to pay ????

sorry if i am being thick(just normal)

Matt30462
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 23:51
Right a couple of questions

1,is the price per person per night ???
2,when do we have to pay ????

sorry if i am being thick(just normal)

1, The price is for the Unit, upto 8 people (dependant on unit) for the entire weekend.

2, See post #13

Andrew
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 17:06
<clensed by author>

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 17:16
Hi mate, sorry for the late reply, I was just waiting for confirmation from our friends. So it'll be myself, my girlfriend, and another couple. 4 In total. Gold 3 Bedroom 6 please.

Cheers.

Matt30462
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:30
Due to a total lack of interest from VPCUK members, I am no longer interested in putting my time and efforts into this.

GIVING IT ANOTHER GO

Andrew
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:50
<clensed by author>

arbee
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:56
That is a shame Matt - tbh I think the 'problem' if there is such a thing is just that its a long way off and people don't want to commit just yet. Its been less than a month since you pout the post up and its still over a year away ;)

If you are genuinely disheartened Matt then I will pick it up lol! :) Trax was such a decent day out for the club and I think it can only get better!

Andrew
Monday 4th September 2006, 19:59
<clensed by author>

T5ER
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:07
Thats a real shame matt dont give it up,i was/am really looking foward to this meet more than any other,COME ON PEEPS LETS GET SOME COMMITMENT

Engineer
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:17
Hi Matt, I’m sure we all appreciate your very considerable efforts and understand where you’re coming from and I’m one of those members who unfortunately are unable to attend. The logistics required for organising this and similar events are manifold as you have found out to your credit. I hope it turns around mate. :Handshake

BUMP.....................................:thewave:

Matt30462
Monday 4th September 2006, 20:44
That is a shame Matt - tbh I think the 'problem' if there is such a thing is just that its a long way off and people don't want to commit just yet. Its been less than a month since you pout the post up and its still over a year away ;)

If you are genuinely disheartened Matt then I will pick it up lol! :) Trax was such a decent day out for the club and I think it can only get better!

In fairness arbee, the original idea was posted on the 18th July with quite an interest shown. The provisional date and venue were posted on the 24th July and 34 members confirmed a provisional interest with about 70 people attending. With that level of interest shown it was then that I started getting big discounts that were on offer until the end of August.

On the 15th August, I then invited confirmations with a view of offering the Park some good numbers that would warrant the big discounts offered. I even got the offer extended as take-up was "a bit slow". I thought that take-up could be a little slow but expected a pick up.
Well to date, the numbers have dropped from 34 to 11. The work has continued, in fact, only today I contacted fletch to see if he could do something to help.

I believed this was a good idea, initial responce was very good and everyone voiced their interest. I still believe it is a good idea, I still think it can be done and everyone can really enjoy the event. I don't know what I will be doing in September next year but I do think that I can arrange whatever else around this meet given this amount of notice. Perhaps it's only me?

kimbaleeg
Monday 4th September 2006, 21:18
id love to say ill be there only thing for me is its the weekend with my job i work most ov them and next year due to dad going into hospital for fairley major operation and posssibley off work for a year therefore i cant commit at this stage though i would love to meet you guys and have some fun

Matt30462
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 14:35
Gonna give this one more go.
We need 75 units (caravans) by the end of October to get the prices listed. If we can get at least fifty confirmed by the end of September, it may be worth carrying on with. If not.........then we may as well consider it dead in the water.
So this message goes out to EVERYONE who has not officially put their names down (that includes MODS). Please enter your user name and number of attendees on this thread if you want to make this thing happen.

Justin
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 14:46
Myself, Kath and Robert (5 months old now)

t5owner
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 17:07
Confirming

T5owner & MrsT5owner and 2 kids 8yrs & 5yrs by the time this goes ahead
AKA Stuart Fiona Dechlan & Niamh (pronounced neeve)

We`ll take a 2 bed gold please

Should have my V70 back on the road by then

Cheers

stuart

T5ER
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 17:21
T5er +3 Mate gold 2 bed jobby please

Matt30462
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 17:52
That's better, keep them coming. A busy Matt is a happy Matt.

GuyD5
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 18:35
confirming Guy & Pam (tourer)

Matt30462
Wednesday 13th September 2006, 18:41
Much appreciated Fletch and Guy.....but you are already on the list. Fletch, I got your PM thanks. It is something to consider if required but the option I PM'd you would be better if you could source anything.

Matt30462
Friday 15th September 2006, 20:26
Blatant Bump.

Got another thing sorted for this meet. Quite a coup if I say so myself. All we need now is some people to turn up.

dicky b t5
Friday 15th September 2006, 20:58
Blatant Bump.

Got another thing sorted for this meet. Quite a coup if I say so myself. All we need now is some people to turn up.

Then Do Tell....Dear Boy, Might get more peeps interested...

Matt30462
Saturday 16th September 2006, 12:42
Then Do Tell....Dear Boy, Might get more peeps interested...

It's not really anything to interest waiverers, rather a nice addition for the event. I have been sweetening someone through work, who has a light aircraft and will fly over for some aerial photo's of the meet. Either taken by them or someone from the club if anyone would like to go up and do it. As I have done some favours and worked some miracles for him, he will do it for nothing. We can get as many photo's as we like and distribute copies as momento's.

dicky b t5
Saturday 16th September 2006, 13:48
It's not really anything to interest waiverers, rather a nice addition for the event. I have been sweetening someone through work, who has a light aircraft and will fly over for some aerial photo's of the meet. Either taken by them or someone from the club if anyone would like to go up and do it. As I have done some favours and worked some miracles for him, he will do it for nothing. We can get as many photo's as we like and distribute copies as momento's.

That sounds fantastic Matt....You ole sweetner you, Great job....:)

Matt30462
Saturday 16th September 2006, 14:08
Looks like it is all going to be a waste of time though dicky, if there is no take up soon, I am going to drop it once and for all. I am seriously fed up with begging people to join in and why should I be bothered if no one else is. I have a cut off point for the last day of September, if the responce is still as disappointing at that time, wel....... that will be my last attempt.

arbee
Saturday 16th September 2006, 14:27
COME ON PEEPS! STOP WAVERING AND COMMIT!!!! (shouting intended... :) )

Matt30462
Saturday 16th September 2006, 14:53
Thanks arb's. I really have no idea why these people would choose to commit to and spend their time standing in some car park rather than something like this. They have been offered stupidly low priced accommodation, we are trying to arrange fun and interesting things to do, there are activities laid on for non Volvo members of the families. Yet still very little.

Accomodation for 3 nights upto 8 people £100 ish
Aerial photo's
Visiting Plod car (unconfirmed)
Driving orientated fun and games
Sports events
Fun Park next door
Usual show catorgories for cars
Evening entertainment
Full use of site facilities inc swimming pools, sauna, bars, restaurants and amusements.
Much more in the pipeline.

Come on people show your support for VPCUK and come away for what should be the best VPCUK meet ever!!!!

Mrsmopp
Saturday 16th September 2006, 16:01
Me + 1

x

arbee
Saturday 16th September 2006, 16:57
yay!

Tomcat
Saturday 16th September 2006, 21:28
Sorry for not replying sooner I've had a lot of crap going on recently,

Put me down for Me +2(wifey and sprog) in a gold please..

Andrew
Sunday 17th September 2006, 07:26
<clensed by author>

dicky b t5
Sunday 17th September 2006, 19:14
After all the hassle matt has gone to.
After silly priced accomodation (that's 100 quid total not per person or per night ffs)
After all the other events
after a year or so's notification - book you're holidays now!!!

after all of this I would hate to see this fall by the way side. Surely we're big enough now we can do this. Hell we get 20+ people at an event in Essex surely we can come together and make this happen!!
Well said that man. :cussing:

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 19:47
well i deffo gonna be there peeps,i think we owe to ourselves and more so to matt for his time and effort that he has put into sorting it out

Matt30462
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:12
Thanks for all the back slapping and praise peeps, but save that for next September when we've had a good meet. What you all need to do is get as many of these caravans booked as possible. That's every member, every neighbour and every friend you can think of. With 2150 members, there is absolutely no reason why we cant get 10% of the membership to turn up. At the moment we have approximately 3/4 of one percent of our membership. Now I don't know what you all feel about that, but I think it's a disgrace. Get out or on and spread the word peeps. Anyone seen or heard Wobbly lately? What about Fraz? I can understand Splatt might have trouble committing with work but no need to keep us wondering. It's not good that 3 of the names we are wondering about are Moderators, even if it's to say NO, lets hear from you.

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:14
Thanks for all the back slapping and praise peeps, but save that for next September when we've had a good meet. What you all need to do is get as many of these caravans booked as possible. That's every member, every neighbour and every friend you can think of. With 2150 members, there is absolutely no reason why we cant get 10% of the membership to turn up. At the moment we have approximately 3/4 of one percent of our membership. Now I don't know what you all feel about that, but I think it's a disgrace. Get out or on and spread the word peeps. Anyone seen or heard Wobbly lately? What about Fraz? I can understand Splatt might have trouble committing with work but no need to keep us wondering. It's not good that 3 of the names we are wondering about are Moderators, even if it's to say NO, lets hear from you.
LOL i have seen wobbly spent most of yesterday with him terrorising the country in vimto well uptill we picked his engine up from leicester and transported it back to brum,Just for the info his silver C70 is kinda dead and needs a another T5 heart

Matt30462
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:20
A dead engine is no excuse for one of our major members not to get their name down. Anyway, sounds like a new block will be in place shortly. Yell him and tell him.

T5ER
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:21
A dead engine is no excuse for one of our major members not to get their name down. Anyway, sounds like a new block will be in place shortly. Yell him and tell him.
LOL know what you mean but he is just wondering around in shock anyway engine in brum ready to be fitted then all will be ok again,will txt him and tell him LOL

arbee
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:31
anyway, back on topic ;) :) - Given my sig the 'National' treatment :)

Matt - on the other hand (I have just done some statistic seraching) - out of the 2150 user IDs, the number of members who have visited the site within the last month, whose total post count is 100 or more is..... wait for it....
205 :)
I wouldnt be too concerned about numbers mate, just keep the expectations low and anything greater's a bonus :)

Matt30462
Sunday 17th September 2006, 20:44
Matt - on the other hand (I have just done some statistic seraching) - out of the 2150 user IDs, the number of members who have visited the site within the last month, whose total post count is 100 or more is..... wait for it....
205 :)

This is all true and very unsurprising. However, since 26th August, we have attracted 150 Newbies. It is possibly safe to assume that 10% of those will become full and active members. That alone would double the length of our list.

t5owner
Tuesday 19th September 2006, 14:43
LOL i have seen wobbly spent most of yesterday with him terrorising the country in vimto well uptill we picked his engine up from leicester and transported it back to brum,Just for the info his silver C70 is kinda dead and needs a another T5 heart

Whats he done to this one then

Come on wayne spill the beans

Cheers

stuart

Matt30462
Friday 22nd September 2006, 17:39
Just thought I would give everyone a gentle reminder. There are 8 days left to get your names down for this. Midnight on the 30th of September is as far as I go unless there are 50+ takers.

Matt30462
Wednesday 27th September 2006, 16:32
79 1/2 hours to go boys and girls.

Blewis
Sunday 1st October 2006, 01:27
Well, I'll be going

But I'm not staying, I live 3 minutes down the road :duck:

As for Thorpe Park & area for those that are not aware there is loads to do.

Thorpe Park is a really posh caravan/static site, it's got a big "Family Theme Park close (Walking Distance) (for the kids & bigger kids) http://www.pleasure-island.co.uk/

It's next to the beach, and it's a nice quiet section.

Loads to do, Cleethorpes itself is full of pubs,clubs & takeaways (£4 taxi away) Although if you are staying on Thorpe Park with a pass then you will get the on site swimming pool (very posh) on site pub/clubs and kiddies section. Good local area for sea fishing and walking...

The proper site for Thorpe Park is http://www.bourne-leisure.co.uk/index.cfm?page=1000&group=thorpePark&wt_svl=thorpePark

Indoor Swimming Pool (Big Un)

* Heated Indoor Pool with Spa Bath, Waterslide and Paddling Area
* Indoor Children’s SplashZone
* Wave Rider
* AquaJets
* SubSea Explorer
* Learn2Swim
* SplashZone Activities Programme

Other On-Site Entertainment

* Family Park Rangers
* 9 Hole Golf Course
* Outdoor Family FunZone with Bouncy Castle, Trampolines, Adventure Crazy Golf, Orbitors and much more
* Course Fishing Lakes
* Roller Skating Rink with Blade Hire
* Bike Hire
* FunWorks Amusement Centre
* Pool Tables

Closeby is the Cleethorpes Boating Lake, Mini/Light Railway, Leisure Centre, Cinema, Bowling Alley, Amusement Arcades etc etc

Aerial Photo of site HERE (http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=533000&Y=406000&width=700&height=400&gride=533000&gridn=406000&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&pc=&zm=0&in.x=6&in.y=12&scale=25000)

Loads to do there and it would be great of the locals get invaded by you lot :bud:

I'm sure that a proper plod car can be arranged :lol:

Any further required information can easily be gathered, and Matt I suspect a personal visit to the site for beating a salesman up may work if required ;)

However like you say, a large group would be better - Don't be disheartened yet.

Matt30462
Monday 2nd October 2006, 10:47
OK, we gave this our best shot. As they say, "You can lead a horse to water". As far as I am concerned this is well and truly dead in the water.

THE END

The Flying Banana
Monday 2nd October 2006, 11:34
Yep ..you can lead a horse to water Matt, but you cant teach it new tricks !!!

Sorry you put all this work in , excellent effort but perhaps a national meet is just not what is on peoples agendas , it seems that individual regional meets with perhaps a long distance traveller attending to put faces to names ( like yourself at the last scottish meet ) are the easiest way to go.

arbee
Monday 2nd October 2006, 22:18
well we shall see.... i must admit, not a great take up considering all, but i'm still not completly disheartened....

Tomcat
Monday 2nd October 2006, 22:24
I can't believe after all Matts hard work and effort that hardly anybody could be bothered to put their names down for this!, makes me wonder at times like this if this forum has a future. Other clubs and forums have massive turnouts, what the hells going on????

dicky b t5
Monday 2nd October 2006, 22:37
I can't believe after all Matts hard work and effort that hardly anybody could be bothered to put their names down for this!, makes me wonder at times like this if this forum has a future. Other clubs and forums have massive turnouts, what the hells going on????

Totally agree with you TC.:grumpy:

roller girl
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:39
I have to put my hand up and admit that I have only just noticed this thread!!

Sorry.

The fact is, I ignore the millions of sticky's that have been there from the beginning of time!

Had I noticed it I would have booked us in!!!

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:45
What did I miss...?
I was on the list.... what happened...? did we/I do something wrong..?

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 19:51
<clensed by author>

abdul
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:00
is this the end for this thread

abdul
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:10
how many did we get

Andrew
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:18
<clensed by author>

siamblue
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:41
Looking at the front page - 16 cars. We get that at an East Anglia pub/car park meet.

LOL

Only because we are hardcore :dgrin:

T5ER
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 20:44
Only because we are hardcore :dgrin:
no just nutters LOL :cuckoo:

Matt30462
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 21:41
Some of you will have noticed that this is now posted in VOC. I still believe there is a good time available but it appears there is not enough interest from the one site to support it. I am not going to push this within VPCUK anymore but I think with a combined effort between the two groups we can probably continue. Remember, this whole thing is for fun, fun, fun so anyone who feels unable to attend a dual meet that is no problem and feelings will be respected.

So, to recap. Names are once again welcome and all details remain the same. Hopefully, this time, between the two groups, we can get the 75 bookings required.

Tomcat
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 23:32
Have you not thought of advertising it on some of the sweedish and other european sites?, get some of them heavily modded ones over.

Matt30462
Tuesday 3rd October 2006, 23:39
Have you not thought of advertising it on some of the sweedish and other european sites?, get some of them heavily modded ones over.

A lovely idea Tomcat, although the expense that the owners would incur would be dramatic. I feel this first one would be somewhat amateurish to warrant officially inviting people to make such a commitment. However, if you or anybody else has the details to make such an invitation then please feel free. I am sure our foreign visitors will be offered a very warm welcome.

Andrew
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 06:24
<clensed by author>

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 15:22
Right! I am sure you're all pretty fed up with me by now, but here is the latest. Many of you will know, this event was fading fast. However it is now posted on VOC in an effort to get enough interested. Some members will probably wish to continue, some will not. For those who are still interested and happy with the cross forum integration, your names are still invited and will be added or maintained on the list. Information on the event remains the same at this stage. Rollergirl! Please feel free to post your name if you wish to be included, anyone who wishes to be removed just let me or a mod know and it will be edited. All those who are members of both groups there is no need to put your names down if you are already listed on one or other of the sites.
I lost heart very easily with the lack of interest but if we all stick at this it WILL be a great weekend.

Tomcat
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 15:54
Well done that man!!!..... it's nice having somebody on the forum who's interested and keen enough to put this much effort into an event.

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:09
Well done that man!!!..... it's nice having somebody on the forum who's interested and keen enough to put this much effort into an event.

" Ask not, what your forum can do for you, but, what you can do for your forum"

I've sucked in some air, gritted my teeth and decided that, I am going to have a bloody good weekend away. Now if that's in spite of, rather than because of, my fellow members, then so be it. Hosking's gonna "Get Down 'n' Party" Watch out on the dance floors of Cleethorpes, Matthew "do you tango?" Hosking is coming to town.

Tomcat
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:16
" Ask not, what your forum can do for you, but, what you can do for your forum"

Hosking's gonna "Get Down 'n' Party" Watch out on the dance floors of Cleethorpes, Matthew "do you tango?" Hosking is coming to town.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:23
ROTFLMAO!!!!

You can stop laughing...............YOU'RE LEADING!!!!!!!!!!

Tomcat
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 16:38
*Cough*....Pardon?, I'm a lousy dancer unless I'm absolutley blotto!!

roller girl
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 17:58
We had a holiday there this summer.

In one of the bars they have karaoke most nights!!!!

Drunk peoples 'X-Factor'.......!

Matt, put us down for a super duper goldie looking caravan with 3 bedrooms please. There will be me, the hubby, 2 girls, and the dude!

Come on people this is a year away, lets fill the place!

Matt30462
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 19:15
We had a holiday there this summer.

In one of the bars they have karaoke most nights!!!!

Drunk peoples 'X-Factor'.......!

Matt, put us down for a super duper goldie looking caravan with 3 bedrooms please. There will be me, the hubby, 2 girls, and the dude!

Come on people this is a year away, lets fill the place!

So that's Rollergirl, all on her own, no bloke in tow and out getting drunk at night with "do you tango" Hosking then..........got it!

dicky b t5
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 21:01
So that's Rollergirl, all on her own, no bloke in tow and out getting drunk at night with "do you tango" Hosking then..........got it!

The Oldest Swinger in Town....!LOL:croc:

Matt30462
Saturday 7th October 2006, 18:26
Got another 8 from over on VOC. That is about 1/3rd of the way. Come on VPCUK surely your not going to get fewer than VOC?

What about Fraz? Wobbly? Splatt? Thought the mods would be supporting it.

godlikegary
Sunday 8th October 2006, 21:24
hello can you put me down for a 4* 2 bed it will be me the mrs and the 2 little ones (both boys ) let me know when you want payment and who to pay thanks ......

arbee
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:05
glad things are picking up with this Matt :)

If you ever want a hand with this sorting out numbers, organising stuff etc, now or nearer the time - then drop me a pm :)

Matt30462
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:16
hello can you put me down for a 4* 2 bed it will be me the mrs and the 2 little ones (both boys ) let me know when you want payment and who to pay thanks ......

Thanks...Gary (I assume)...I've put your name down.

Storm-Troll
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:27
I know I only just joined the forum, and If I havent found a girly to bring by then, I will have plenty of room to lay out me stamp Collection...lol
Hell yeah,, put me down for the three days....
4* 2 Bedroom Please....:beer:
Connor...

Matt30462
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:32
I know I only just joined the forum, and If I havent found a girly to bring by then, I will have plenty of room to lay out me stamp Collection...lol
Hell yeah,, put me down for the three days....
4* 2 Bedroom Please....:beer:
Connor...

Nice one Connor? Two names in a night, thats a new record.

Storm-Troll
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:35
lol. We aim to please,,,, Hell, Wouldnt miss it for the world,, be good to get out and meet everyone,,, also be nice to get up that way in a vehicle that has less than 16 wheels and goes faster than 56...lol..
Lookin forward to it...

Matt30462
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:40
lol. We aim to please,,,, Hell, Wouldnt miss it for the world,, be good to get out and meet everyone,,, also be nice to get up that way in a vehicle that has less than 16 wheels and goes faster than 56...lol..
Lookin forward to it...

Your on the list feller. Hope to see you up there or maybe before.

2. Arbee + 1 (Static)
3. Dicky & Tracey + 1 (Static)
4. Judge + 2 (Static)
5. Cueball + 4 (Static)
6. johnny d 850r + 3 ( Static)
7. madness + 3 (Camping)
8. Guy T5 + Pam (Touring)
9.Fletchv70AWD + 1 (Day Ticket)
10.Andrew + 3 (Static)
11. S70T5Chris + 3 (Static)
12. Justin, Kath & Robert aged 5 months (Static)
12.9. T5Owner + 3 (Static)
14. T5ER +3 (Static)
15. Moppy + 1 (Static)
16. Tomcat + 2 (Static
17. Rollergirl + 4 (Static)
18. Siamblue (Static)
19. godlikegary + 3 (Static)
20. stormhawk7 + Cheryl Tweedy. (Rocking about Static)

Storm-Troll
Monday 9th October 2006, 00:47
Cheryl Tweedy?? Hell I was gonna bring Kate Backinsale,, But hell wouldnd wanna change ya plans bro,,, Tweedy Pie is is..... (I dawt I daw a Puddy cat):firedevil

Blewis
Monday 9th October 2006, 09:42
Connor...

Oh I'm sure you can find a "Girly" in Cleethorpes :lol: (Specially if you tell them you've got a sh*gavan all to yourself!)

Or If not we can give you some directions where you will find one!!

siamblue
Monday 9th October 2006, 09:58
Hi can you put me down for the Gold caravan +5 :)

Matt30462
Monday 9th October 2006, 15:45
Hi can you put me down for the Gold caravan +5 :)

'Course I'll put you down as +5 Gary. Regarding the level of accomodation required, you will do the booking and request your choices direct with the park. All the info for this will be given out as soon as we reach the target figure.

Storm-Troll
Saturday 14th October 2006, 21:02
Oh I'm sure you can find a "Girly" in Cleethorpes :lol: (Specially if you tell them you've got a sh*gavan all to yourself!)

Or If not we can give you some directions where you will find one!!

lol.. why thanks guys,, never have i had so many nice guys helpin me to get me leg over...lol

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 13:05
****BUMP****BUMP****

I'm not lying down without a fight on this one. We have made some inroads on our 75 quota but we still need more. Time is really running out now boys and girls!

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 13:29
Come on boys and girls, don't let this one die. It's a step up from the usual "kickin' tyres in a car park". A whole weekend of fun filled family entertainment. The kids can play on the amusements, nan can play the bingo, mum can lay beside the pool or visit the solarium, while dad checks out the latest thing in shock absorbers. In the evening plenty of singing, dancing, eating and drinking with no breathalysers or drives home. All this for a mere £100.00 for 8 of your nearest and dearest or even less expensive if you want a quiet romantic single room (nudge,nudge). The deadline is getting close, we need to get about 30 new names down to get the deal, don't waste time thinking about it, put your names down and enjoy it.

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 13:34
<clensed by author>

abdul
Monday 16th October 2006, 14:50
how many so far

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 15:16
Well Abdul, with the combined efforts of 2 forums who have probably 6 or 7 thousand registered members, we have amassed the grand total, give or take the odd one or two, of................da-da-da-dat-dada...........about 30.

Of which, some live 2 miles away and fair enough, would rather go home at night, some wish to use the camping or touring facilities and some will take their names off the list due to the ill feeling between the two forums. So, I expect we are down to about 20. Not bad for 3 months work EH!

Tomcat
Monday 16th October 2006, 17:45
Can we not get the mods to send an email out to all the registered members regarding this meet?, after all there may be a lot who simply haven't noticed this.

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 17:48
<clensed by author>

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 17:48
Already requested bulk mailing about 6 weeks ago. It's either been forgotten or not deemed important.

Tomcat
Monday 16th October 2006, 17:52
I can't believe that this is going to fall by the way side after all your hard work, what is it with people on here?. I would give anything to be able to attend an annual weekend car show for the Ovlov's, seems to be a lot of 'can't be arsed' attitude.

Matt30462
Monday 16th October 2006, 18:04
I'm not worried about the work involvo'd Tomcat, I attacked it early on but the hard work was soon sorted. I have just been sitting on it for the last 3 weeks or so. Only the occasional addition since then. I, like you though, am very,very surprised that the take up is so slow. I can understand itwould not appeal to everyone and some just feel they can't commit. However, i was sure there would be enough interest on here. After all, since August 26th, we have welcomed over 200 NEW MEMBERS, maybe 2 of those have signed up....thanks those guys, it is appreciated.

As things stand at the moment, we have 2 more weeks to get sorted and claim our offer prices. After that.....well, who knows.

Andrew
Monday 16th October 2006, 18:06
<clensed by author>

Blewis
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 21:49
Would a video drivethrough/photo drivethrough assist members to see what it's all like?

I'll admit some might be put off thinking it's a dumpy little typical caravan site thing, but i spun through last weekend and it's really nice. Lots of tree lined avenues, seperating all of the sections, very nice looking fishing pond, bars etc.

B*llox to the miserable git's who won't sign up.

For 80 quid or so, even though my parents live a mile away sign me up for a Gold *2

godlikegary
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 23:18
well im down for it hope more pplget on bord soon shame to let it ya hard work goto wast come on ppl go for it

Matt30462
Tuesday 17th October 2006, 23:58
Would a video drivethrough/photo drivethrough assist members to see what it's all like?

I'll admit some might be put off thinking it's a dumpy little typical caravan site thing, but i spun through last weekend and it's really nice. Lots of tree lined avenues, seperating all of the sections, very nice looking fishing pond, bars etc.

B*llox to the miserable git's who won't sign up.

For 80 quid or so, even though my parents live a mile away sign me up for a Gold *2

Now that IS a top Geezer. That is what a "Community" is all about. Take a bow Blewis, love the attitude.

Blewis
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 00:09
I'll do a drive through this weekend.

As for the attitude, yes it's a 10 minute drive from my parents... But it's a weekend ""away"" for 90 quid... Keeps me out of everyone's hair, somewhere to doss and I can make as much noise as I want later on without complaints from neighbours :haha: :saythat:

Where else can you get that for 90 squid??

Matt30462
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 12:02
It's looking a bit like make or break time. Everyone that has stuck their names down ( and I really appreciate those that have), need to start asking their mates, colleagues, neighbours and relations. It appears that getting the "Volvo Community" to attend a Volvo Community Weekend is not going to work. If those that are interested wish to avoid the possible disappointment of having to cancel or get a revised price then perhaps we need to get "outsiders" involved. IF we can acheive the 75 required, we can start the booking process at the offer prices. Late comers, will possibly also benefit at these rates, I don't know. However, if we don't get 75 then I doubt the offer will be honoured.

OH! And if anyone does read this, is there any chance of enlightening us as to why, when this was posted as an idea back in July, we had 30+ members putting their names to it. Yet when it came down to getting some commitment, half of them backed away? It's your choice of course, maybe the timing is wrong or the venue, but I would love to know.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:23
I'm still in, as it looks like it'll be the next event I attend... and I think I'll be able to fill another caravan....I'll comfirm in a couple of days.....

Matt30462
Wednesday 18th October 2006, 18:48
I'm still in, as it looks like it'll be the next event I attend... and I think I'll be able to fill another caravan....I'll comfirm in a couple of days.....

Good Judge, my appologies to you. As unbeknown to you I was bemoaning both Wales and Scotland this morning for not providing any members. Much to my embarassment I forgot The Honourable Judge. My humble appologies.

Oh I forgot, why no meets for a year? You been banned AGAIN?

Matt30462
Monday 23rd October 2006, 12:52
Just want to point out that this has 7 days left to run before the offer deadline expires. I think I am pissing in the wind here but there may be a few that want to enter their names.Just to recap. Prices were based on 75 units being booked by the end of October......that's one week away. If we don't get more this week then it's dead.

T5ER
Monday 23rd October 2006, 13:31
Still would love to Matt so deffo me +3 poss 4 and 2 cars

Matt30462
Monday 23rd October 2006, 14:22
Thanks Wayne, your down on the list feller. Sadly though, there are no where near enough that have put their names down. Although I thought this was a great idea and would be a real asset to the forum, it appears that I (and indeed members like youself) are in a minority. I've finished working on it, I will attempt to induce a few more to join up before the deadline but as far as I'm concerned the majority of members on here don't deserve the effort and time that I and others put into things like this. Essentially .....SOD THE LOT OF 'EM.

t5owner
Monday 23rd October 2006, 14:34
Thanks Wayne, your down on the list feller. Sadly though, there are no where near enough that have put their names down. Although I thought this was a great idea and would be a real asset to the forum, it appears that I (and indeed members like youself) are in a minority. I've finished working on it, I will attempt to induce a few more to join up before the deadline but as far as I'm concerned the majority of members on here don't deserve the effort and time that I and others put into things like this. Essentially .....SOD THE LOT OF 'EM.

Matt,

I well and truly sympatise with you on this it would seem that although we have over 2000 members there is a core of about 200 members who regularly post on the forum and the rest just seem to drift in and out posting when they see fit

Perhaps we should aim for a scaled down version of the event still at the same place but on a smaller scale for those of us who are genuinly interested in the meet up perhaps you could contact the site in question again and see what they can do if say 30 members with families make a booking and take it from there

Oh and i`m still commited + 3 in a static

Cheers

stuart

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:09
I have sent out a PM to all those who have registered an interest in this meeting.
Anyone who has been considering coming but has not tendered their names now is the time to do so. If you had your name down, but have not received a PM please email me directly for details.

matthew.hosking@btinternet.com

Vikingxl
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:26
I would have loved to attend but as you know Matt my circunstances make it a little difficult sorry mate

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:41
No worries Rich.

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:45
Im still down to come,,,, wouldnt miss it for the world, But I dont get paid till the first day of the month,, so I will have to try and hope they will accept my payment a day late as Cant do it till the money is there.... Fingers Crossed....

wootty
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:55
put me down for a deffo for nxt year,if i havent blown my turbo up by then:biggrin:

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 19:57
Sure that will be OK Connor. All we need to do is get the thing booked up, then sit back,relax and do some partying. Nevermind the rest.

arbee
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:14
email sent Matt

Andrew
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 20:46
<clensed by author>

dicky b t5
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:08
Email sent Matthew...:)

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:10
Sure that will be OK Connor. All we need to do is get the thing booked up, then sit back,relax and do some partying. Nevermind the rest.

kk, thats my excuse signed and sealed for me ta very much..... I will spend the next few months eatin loads of KFC,, then I will have enough weight on my to get us up to the 75,,,,,, Will that get me a refund...lol
:lol: just email me the phone number & details etc to book up,, cheers

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:17
Already sent Connor.

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:19
ok bud,, nothing has arrived yet,, might get it later,,. im gettin imidiate emails to thread updates on here, but nothing from you yet bud......

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:24
i'll send again.

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 25th October 2006, 21:33
ok.....

Matt30462
Thursday 26th October 2006, 18:58
Still awaiting some replies folks. If you've said you wish to come and havn't yet done so, check your PM boxes. If you wish to add your name then post here, PM me or email me on matthew.hosking@btinternet.com

There is still plenty of room, you don't have to like or even have a Volvo and it's a family weekend for all ages to enjoy......sign-up NOW

s60gjb
Friday 27th October 2006, 18:08
Put me down for a deffo, gold 2 bed static. Look forward to a great weekend. Let me know about payment details ASAP.

Matt30462
Friday 27th October 2006, 18:35
Sent you a PM Gordon.

Matt30462
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:24
The members below have all been contacted.I have indicated those who have responded.

Have details:
Matt30462
arbee
Michael Gilbert (VOC)
GuyT5
judgeninja
Andrew Cardwell
stormhawk
George Benedik (VOC)
dicky (Doubtfull)
T5Owner
S70T5Chris
S60gjb
T5ER
Ben77

Yet to respond:
Cueball
johnnyd850
madness
fletch
Justin
Tomcat
rollergirl
siamblue
godlikegary
blewis
bb54 (VOC)
V70driver (VOC)
arcturus (VOC)
jod (VOC)
spamhunter (VOC)
mike gilbert (VOC)
cumbrian male (VOC)

I need to send details to everyone so if you have not contacted me yet please do so.
It is also not too late to join in. Late arrivals are welcome.

T5ER
Friday 27th October 2006, 19:53
pm replied :Handshake

T5ER
Friday 27th October 2006, 20:42
got the email thanks Matt

T5 Ben
Friday 27th October 2006, 22:28
Hello Matt,is it to late to sign up?if not can i have a gold 3 bed please.Please let me know if you need a deposit.Cheers mate.:Handshake

Ben.

Matt30462
Friday 27th October 2006, 22:38
you're in ben. send me an email for booking details.

matthew.hosking@btinternet.com

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 00:55
Got a couple more names today, the more we get the better time for everyone. It's not to late to join in. What about the Mods, come on peeps, it's YOUR forum. Get your names down and give this event some support.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 28th October 2006, 02:09
For whom you new members maybe :... and some of you old ones too...

I joined up this forum (ah all those years ago when I was young and pretty....) and have got to know a great many people by attending the odd get together or so. I have travelled Thousands of miles to drive 1/4 of a mile or to just eat a burger......why...? Because I enjoy it and I use my car as an excuse to get away and do something different....

If you attend a meet
You won't remember everyone's forum name or in fact their real name. You'll never be able to keep up with who's car is who's. I'm sure that not everyone's interests are the same.....which is why I think that we make a great community. I am not part of the adminstration team, but I do a responsability to welcome any new face who has made the effort to attend any type of meet, and I hope all the more regular users do the same.....No-one has ever been harmed or *bitten as a result of meeting a forum member and there are many of us to hold T5ER back if he's feeling hungry....(sorry Wayne you can kill me later:troutslap ).... *Disclaimer - not that I'm aware of anyway..

So rather than ranting on about the lack of interest in one of our Premier Forum Organiser's efforts (DO YOU LOT REMEMBER VOLVO AT DAVENTRY..?)What I'm trying to say is......

Your Forum Needs you....get involved....
(yes I know I can't spell.......!!!)

Andrew
Saturday 28th October 2006, 09:24
<clensed by author>

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 12:02
What time did you go to bed this morning Wayne? More importantly, you said when I paid the money, you would destroy that photo and ALL the negatives.

Good on ya, geezer. Couln't have put it better myself.

fraz13
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:21
What about the Mods, come on peeps, it's YOUR forum. Get your names down and give this event some support.
Sorry Matt to far in advance to commit just yet ;) I'm sure I will be there at some point over the weekend though....

T5ER
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:32
[ No-one has ever been harmed or *bitten as a result of meeting a forum member and there are many of us to hold T5ER back if he's feeling hungry....(sorry Wayne you can kill me later:troutslap ).... *Disclaimer - not that I'm aware of anyway..

So rather than ranting on about the lack of interest in one of our Premier Forum Organiser's efforts (DO YOU LOT REMEMBER VOLVO AT DAVENTRY..?)What I'm trying to say is......

Your Forum Needs you....get involved....
(yes I know I can't spell.......!!!)

LOL i hvae now decided on tea for friday night :Handshake

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:34
LOL i hvae now decided on tea for friday night :Handshake

Judge is no good to you Wayne. There's not an ounce of meat on him. He's like his car, minimal weight for performance.

T5ER
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:37
Judge is no good to you Wayne. There's not an ounce of meat on him. He's like his car, minimal weight for performance.
LOL good point oh well fish and chips it is then

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 13:58
Sorry Matt to far in advance to commit just yet ;) I'm sure I will be there at some point over the weekend though....

Good to see your still about Fraz. Everything has to be booked within the next few days, the next week at a push. I understand commiting on the long term like this may be difficult, hell! Not everyone leads a dull predictable life, like me. There is every chance that people will be able to add to the list right up to the actual weekend, these places are seldom packed out in September. However,we have not only got 50% discount, we have 50% discount on 2006 prices. As of the 1st November, bookings will be made based on the 2007 brochure prices. The other way of looking at commiting this early, is that future events/commitments can be built around that weekend. For example, I will be telling my mate I will not be able to go to the footie that weekend (unless all my wishes come true and Spurs get relegated and have to play Grimsby away). We were chatting in the Chatroom last night about the idea behind the weekend, it's not planned as a Homage to all things Volvo.It's mainly a social weekender with Volvo as the common link. I fully expect to be out at least one day, possibly at the nearby Amusement Park. The kids will spend most of the weekend turning into prunes in the pools and flume. The wife is looking forward to breaking the shackles that tie her to the kitchen all year. I am going to make sure that I take full advantage of the bar facilities at night. It's a weekend break and not a Volvo Tyre Kicker.
I hope you, Mel and Shadey can make it, there's no reason it can't be one of the best weekends of 2007 for everyone.

Andrew
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:02
<clensed by author>

Vikingxl
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:03
Nice to see a piccy of me in there as well Wayne.With the new business venture hopefully up and running for 1st of Jan i will have no chance of getting any time off next year so i wont even be able to make an apearence.Its a shame as i would love to be there and meet up with some old friends and meet some new faces.Thats how forums like these work its the social side that co exists with the original thing that bought such a varied and sometimes strange mix of people together and that in turn is what will make the weekend a great one.I will be sad to miss it but maybe 2008 for me.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:13
Matt - can I go ahead and pay my deposit now or are you still waiting for them to give us some info ?

As you said. It's so far ahead I can plan ahead to ensure that I am free that weekend and I will be there along with the fact for 3 nights top accomodation it's bloody dirt cheap family break.

Ac.

Andrew,
You are welcome to pay your money at anytime you wish. My only concern is that I have only received 14 confirmations to date. The worst case scenario is that some folks decide not to come, thus we fall below the required 30 names. Should this happen, the park may ( I have no confirmation as yet) withdraw the discount and ask for the full price. Individuals would then be left with the choice of paying full price or losing their deposit.
If you look back a few posts, you will see who has confirmed and those who are yet to do so. I have sent out PM's to all concerned and have noticed 3 or 4 have subsquently logged on, but to date no confirmation. If anyone is feeling pushy enough ( they are already fed up with me) try getting some of the unconfirmed names to email me on
matthew.hosking@btinternet.com.
When we have the 30 (I certainly think we will) then there will be no worries at all.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:19
such a varied and sometimes strange mix of people together
I think strange is the more accurarate.

I will be sad to miss it but maybe 2008 for me.

Getting 30 has been so difficult for 2007...........I doubt I will want to go through it again for 2008.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 14:35
Don't forget, you don't HAVE to have a caravan home, you can use the touring/camping facilities instead. Or, if you don't wish to stay overnight or the weekend, we can arrange a day pass to enable you to use the sites facilities. Let the kids swim for a few hours, dad can use the pitch and putt, mum can use the sauna/solarium and then the family can eat in one of the restaurants, finishing the night in the entertainment complex watching the cabaret with the other Volvo-ites.

Andrew
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:10
<clensed by author>

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:30
Right will give em a buzz tomorrow and pay in full. Get it done and sorted.

If I end up having to pay more so be it - I'm sick of everyone pi**ing around. It's 11 months away ffs - if you can't organise your life to suit something 11 months away then why bother showing an interest in the first place.

Ac.

Whatever happens, I'll be with you up there Andrew

Storm-Troll
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:31
Whatever happens, I'll be with you up there Andrew

Me too,, me one side, Matt the other to keep ya propped up at the bar...lol

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:35
Me too,, me one side, Matt the other to keep ya propped up at the bar...lol

That's quite disturbing Connor.........We all know, you're only going for the sex.

Andrew
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:37
<clensed by author>

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:44
Dicky's just emailed. Tracy has detoured him to a wedding that weekend. Back to 30.

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:49
I think you should hold off Andrew. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this. Firstly, we can only get half the required, then only half of those reply to confirm. Now (not against ya dicky....these things were always going to happen) confirmed names have to drop out.

I'm inclined to finally draw a line under this and say F**k it!

Tomcat
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:56
Ahem.......Emailed Matt...

Storm-Troll
Saturday 28th October 2006, 16:58
That's quite disturbing Connor.........We all know, you're only going for the sex.

Oh Matt, Im so hurt by that...lol

Dont you know I can have sex and drink at the same time,,lol.. back in a few hours guys,, Im off to Format this Laptop and re install everything,, its gettin on me nerves so its gonna get a face life,, back soooooooooon

Matt30462
Saturday 28th October 2006, 17:06
Ahem.......Emailed Matt...

Thanks Tomcat, knew you would step up to the mike.

I will send you the details Craig to do as you wish. As for me, that's it. I've had enough of it. Can no longer be bothered with it. The offer will still be there for anyone wishing to utilise it. Those that do not have the details just look at the earlier thread listing those who had confirmed, they will have all the details you require.

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 28th October 2006, 21:18
Right small party it is then...

"The new Volvo Exclusive members club" ....

I'll ring up tomorrow (or Monday) and book, so that's at least three of us....

Matt30462
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 15:08
That's it. This is finished, over, kaput.
A genuine big thank you to those who supported me with this. My appologies for not being able to carry it through for you. A sarcastic thank you to all those unable, unprepared and uninterested parties mainly those who declared terrific interest when first posted, yet couldn't even be bothered to inform me they had lost interest when I was breaking my balls to get things sorted. Don't worry, while you are enjoying yourselves sitting on your backsides, I will be the one humbly appologising to all the businesses and officials who had offered their time, efforts and even profits for VPCUK. I'm off to see if I can cancel everything without getting too embarrassed, you enjoy posting your holiday snaps, and asking questions about favourite bands. I have more interesting things to do.

BYE-BYE

Pissed off............you bet your sweet bippy I am.

Storm-Troll
Tuesday 31st October 2006, 19:01
oh well,, Looks like im gonna be spendin the money on the car instead,,, shame shame,,,,, would have been good...

arbee
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 00:16
<<<dissapointed but appreciative :(

Storm-Troll
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 00:19
yeah,, three cheers to Matt for all his hard work,, Much appreciated,, hope we can all work towards something else maybe sometime if all attend??

t5owner
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 10:45
yeah,, three cheers to Matt for all his hard work,, Much appreciated,, hope we can all work towards something else maybe sometime if all attend??

I`ll second that mate

Matt you have worked damm hard on this it`s just a shame that people can`t be bothered

But hey no doubt we can still have a large meet somewhere if only a one dayer that will at least get some of us out and about

Cheers

stuart

abdul
Wednesday 1st November 2006, 19:50
you did your best matt