PDA

View Full Version : MOT Failure - very p****d off!

nealer
Monday 14th August 2006, 11:20
:cussing:

MOT was on Saturday, and they decided to fail my 4yr S60 w/30K on it for numberplate spacing (ok... I admit this is slightly illegal) and headlight allignment - what has really p'd me off is that I replaced the bulb about an hour before the test and the guy doing the test wouldn't let me align it there and then!!!

How do I align these bloody things properly!!

You should have seen the pieces of crap they passed at the same time mine was going through ...

Woosey
Monday 14th August 2006, 11:55
Thats why having a nice MOT garage helps, the guy doing my MOT will align my headlights for me, during the test so that i don't fail on it :)

T-5ones
Monday 14th August 2006, 11:57
Feel sorry for you mate.
You should see the fuc**d suspension parts on mine that I'm having to replace that some blind man passed before I got the car. I accept there is "discression" for the testers but the wheels turn an extra 1/8th of a rotation when the car stopps.

JO5EPH
Monday 14th August 2006, 18:46
Well at least you wont have to spend nearly £400 to get it through its MOT.

Unlike me :( (failed today)

The 'levellers' are knackered on both headlight units, so apparently i've been blinding everyone with my lights :sorry:

So thats...

£135 EACH for the headlight units + VAT takes it to £317 + £30 MOT fee takes it to £347 then labour on top of that.

Dammit.

fraz13
Monday 14th August 2006, 18:51
£135 EACH for the headlight units + VAT takes it to £317 + £30 MOT fee takes it to £347 then labour on top of that.
Joseph get crystal headlights as there about £10 dearer each and fit them yourself ;)

JO5EPH
Monday 14th August 2006, 19:12
Joseph get crystal headlights as there about £10 dearer each and fit them yourself ;)
Yeah I know, but me being an idiot forgot it expired today, so it's stopping there until they source the new lights (should be tomorrow).

I've definitely learned from this, that I should book it in a week before the MOT expires, then I can sort the things out at less expense!

I just 'Presumed' it would pass, and they said they were really suprised it failed, "It's a really nice car" they said. Humph.

You live and learn....