PDA

View Full Version : Simple Headlight Bulb replacement - NOT!

Titch's Dad
Sunday 13th August 2006, 19:17
I am embarassed to be writing this!

Titch's front offside dipped beam bulb went today. he had a spare so we nipped out to replace it. Simple job! Well no! I don't know whats gone wrong but when we unclipped the old bulb , the whole of the internal reflectors seem to have come unclipped as well and the whole thing is just rattling about in the casing. Anyone had this problem, and more importantantly how the f*** do you fix it!

T5ER
Sunday 13th August 2006, 19:59
I am embarassed to be writing this!

Titch's front offside dipped beam bulb went today. he had a spare so we nipped out to replace it. Simple job! Well no! I don't know whats gone wrong but when we unclipped the old bulb , the whole of the internal reflectors seem to have come unclipped as well and the whole thing is just rattling about in the casing. Anyone had this problem, and more importantantly how the f*** do you fix it!
The only way is headlight out unclip the glass and refit the reflector(providing it has not snapped its mounts off)then replace

Titch's Dad
Sunday 13th August 2006, 20:05
The only way is headlight out unclip the glass and refit the reflector(providing it has not snapped its mounts off)then replace

We had considered taking the whole headlight unit out but that seems to involve loosening bumper mounts and basically looked to time consuming!

Will try your idea and see how I get on!

Cheers

t5tart
Monday 14th August 2006, 02:40
headlight out on an 850 is 3 bolts and loosen the panel under the light to give a bit of manouvering room

1/2 hr max