PDA

View Full Version : Strange leak

Bigtony
Sunday 13th August 2006, 13:19
Has anyone else had this. I have noticed that I have oil escaping via the oil filler cap! I took the plastic cover off and there was oil everywhere even the plug holes were full. I started the car revd it to around 1500rpm and you could see the iol slowly streaming from the the cap. Could this be because of a blocked oil breather (PCV) or just that the cap is worn and not sealing properly?

T5ER
Sunday 13th August 2006, 13:25
Has anyone else had this. I have noticed that I have oil escaping via the oil filler cap! I took the plastic cover off and there was oil everywhere even the plug holes were full. I started the car revd it to around 1500rpm and you could see the iol slowly streaming from the the cap. Could this be because of a blocked oil breather (PCV) or just that the cap is worn and not sealing properly?
Sounds like pcv system mate

BlackBeast
Sunday 13th August 2006, 13:26
Get a new gasket from Volvo for your oil cap and take it from there.

Bigtony
Sunday 13th August 2006, 13:32
I have cut a peice of plastic from an old inner wing and placed it under the the rubber seal, it has made the seal tighter but it still leaks a bit

I have also got at least two spare pcv's gonna clean one up and try it, thanks guys

daddy
Monday 14th August 2006, 09:24
i had this problem took it to main stealer and asked about it and one of the mechanics had a quick look. he was honest with me and saved me money. it was the oil seal ring in the cap and it was less than £2. ive had no problems since. good luck