PDA

View Full Version : port polishing and gas flowing

t5tart
Saturday 12th August 2006, 11:43
now i know this work is not cheap
but £800 jeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

anyone know where i can get a competative quote ?

thunderace
Saturday 12th August 2006, 12:47
what about diy?

used to work with b series and x-flows..

unless you are doing serious mods (and then you are spending mucho mula) you only need to smooth the flow of gas in and out

try it on a spare head - if it don't work you haven't lost out

there you go just read you got a spare....

t5tart
Saturday 12th August 2006, 13:00
tching the manifolds to the head etc etc
and wanted a 3 angle job

its not quite that simple though
as smothing it out

the inlet side doesnt want to too smooth or it wont disturb the air enuff to mix it properly

maybe ill just stick with it standard was going to pre empt a biger turbo etc and get it done before i went down that route

Bigtony
Saturday 12th August 2006, 13:26
There is a guy on here selling an engine with a newly ported and flowed head - He did not put the engine in his car due to it chucking out all the water so he went and bought a new one! I think the head is still on it and since he has said the engine is crap he is willing to let it go for not much.

It may be worth buying if only for the head!

t5tart
Saturday 12th August 2006, 13:30
There is a guy on here selling an engine with a newly ported and flowed head - He did not put the engine in his car due to it chucking out all the water so he went and bought a new one! I think the head is still on it and since he has said the engine is crap he is willing to let it go for not much.

It may be worth buying if only for the head!

any ideas who it was Tony??

as you know i already have a head
of your car lol

Bigtony
Saturday 12th August 2006, 13:32
Ill go have a search and get back to ya!

Bigtony
Saturday 12th August 2006, 13:35
Hi mate

Its anogg3 - his thread is in Volvo Items for sale

t5tart
Saturday 12th August 2006, 14:00
Hi mate

Its anogg3 - his thread is in Volvo Items for sale

cheers bud

t5tart
Saturday 12th August 2006, 14:05
hey matey
dont look like that one is flowed
just been skimmed
skimming aint a problem
but getting it flowed seems to be the expensive bit

Tomcat
Saturday 12th August 2006, 17:09
Whats hard about porting a head?, as has already been said, do it yourself!. I wouldnt worry about keeping the inlet rough enough to mix the air/fuel, as long as your not polishing it you won't have any problems. Main thing to do is to take out any sharp corners/steps in the manifolds/ heads, also remove the big step where the manifold joins the head. Once you've ported it yourself get the three angle valves and seats quoted for, should be a lot cheaper.

fireclown
Sunday 13th August 2006, 13:20
http://www.kalmar-union.com/

have a look here m8. still xpensive though but there is a lot of work involved. ie cutting all valves 3 times.