PDA

View Full Version : Car back up to power, thanks SW AUTOS :)

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 18:53
Just want to say a big thanks to Stu at SW Autos for diagnosing my car and getting it back up to power.

I've been driving around gently after the discovery of 200whp :( at the last dyno day - turned out my fuel pump had seen better days.

Stu changed my fuel pump and got the car onto the dyno to see how how she was performing - it put down 281bhp and 287 ft/lbs - however Stu hadn't liked the way the car reacted on the dyno and quickly dissapeared into the workshop. He came back armed with a fault code reader and found no less than 6 faults logged, lol. One being ABS, the other injector faults and one for fuelling issues (most that I had created after playing with the injectors).

Apon clearing the faults and running the car to ensure they didn't repeat, the car put down 288.7bhp and 290 ft/lbs with a much healthier torque curve and fuelling response.

I'll get the graphs posted when I get them scanned in.

Cheers Stu and the SW Auto team.

Chris

Tomcat
Friday 11th August 2006, 18:56
Well done, it great when you fix all the faults on your car aint it??

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 18:59
Yes, was very pleased. Car made 285bhp and 284ft/lbs at Power Engineering last time I was there, so it's nice to see the power back.

Bad news is my clutch is beginning the slip, groan . . .

Chris

splatt
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:00
Excellent!....bet you are happier now ?
What did you do to fault the injectors?

arbee
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:02
excellent stuff! as above - how did you 'play' with the injectors? I removed mine and cleaned them up the other day - seemed to have improved things imo.

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:03
I stuck in a lent set of Green injectors - went like a rocket, but top end of the rev range suffered.

Put them back on the shelf for now, hehe.

Chris

splatt
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:06
Put them back on the shelf for now, hehe.

ChrisFor now...LOL

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:09
LOL ! Yeah - had better get the clutch sorted and may as well get a lightened flywheel while I am at it ?

Chris

Engineer
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:33
Nice one Chris, but is this a combined Saffron attack on my Pale Rider from you and Andrew? If so name the track as MTE, RICA or SW tuned I will still be top dog lol :beer: :wink:

arbee
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:34
Caugh! TRAX!!! - see my sig :)

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:36
Engineer, it's not the power, it the delivery and I for know that yours goes like the clappers.

Chris

Al115
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:42
Dude, shouldn't you be working your arse off at Heathrow saving our lives from soft-drink-wielding terrorists, and not tarting about with your car down in Kent??? Get your prioties straight man :)

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:44
hell yeah ! I took the action of taking the day off :)

Chris

Engineer
Friday 11th August 2006, 19:53
Engineer, it's not the power, it the delivery and I for know that yours goes like the clappers.

Chris

It’s all relative mate, have you sorted your breather system as well as that oil mist saps power lol.

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:09
lol

Not sure if I want to start messing about with the breather circuit at the moment.

Best attempt at getting the graph - soft lighting, soft focus, laminated dyno sheet, lol :

Al115
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:11
Take the reg off :)

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:13
Before you comment, I know the axii and legend are not right, new software and lots to learn and boy do I need to scan that in, lol.

Chris

Engineer
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:22
What map are you running now Chris? As the boost curve looks familiar. :)

SaffronC70
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:29
Still the MTE map. Awaiting MTE's return to the UK to get my custom map done with the green injectors. If he doesn't come back, not sure who'll be doing it at the moment ;)

Chris

dreadly
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:06
I have blue injectors, will green one's make a big difference? - What is the difference?

Andrew
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:25
Nice one Chris, but is this a combined Saffron attack on my Pale Rider from you and Andrew? If so name the track as MTE, RICA or SW tuned I will still be top dog lol :beer: :wink:

How many times have I heard this now.... *YAWN*

Engineer
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:46
How many times have I heard this now.... *YAWN*

That may be mate but still ain't seen you at a track yet dude? :snail: *YAWN*

Andrew
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:49
That may be mate but still ain't seen you at a track yet dude? :snail: *YAWN*

My track is the M11 matey - and you've not seen me there cos all you can see is my dust!

Now stop trolling grandad... :P

Engineer
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:56
My track is the M11 matey - and you've not seen me there cos all you can see is my dust!

Now stop trolling grandad... :P

When you moving abroad so a real driver can ring the neck of your SuperCar lol :haha:

Andrew
Friday 11th August 2006, 22:00
All I shall say is if *you* want to know about my car ask Siamblue - he's been in it a bit recently. Oh and let's stop hijacking this poor thread.

Glad your car is sorted Chris. After being through something similar I know how nice it is to get these things sorted.

Andrew...