PDA

View Full Version : Why are the newer V70R's so rare ?

simonc
Thursday 10th August 2006, 23:07
As above when i looked for mine their were only 2 manual V70R's for sale in the country on auto trader & Volvo used car dealer sites, i have'nt even seen one on the road yet either. So why is it ? Were they that expensive that nobody bought them or did they sell quite a few but people have still got them from new, or did they not make many. Fo instance if you're looking for a newish 2yr old say BMW M5 their are loads for sale,even a Audi RS6 is more common than a new shape V70R, why is it ?

Simon.

franky
Thursday 10th August 2006, 23:40
As above when i looked for mine their were only 2 manual V70R's for sale in the country on auto trader & Volvo used car dealer sites, i have'nt even seen one on the road yet either. So why is it ? Were they that expensive that nobody bought them or did they sell quite a few but people have still got them from new, or did they not make many. Fo instance if you're looking for a newish 2yr old say BMW M5 their are loads for sale,even a Audi RS6 is more common than a new shape V70R, why is it ?

Simon.

too expensive, and your new car volvo buyer type person, didnt really get the R, too fast and sporty, they dont sell many T5's either.

its a good thing its rare, beening differnet from the rest.

After_Shock
Thursday 10th August 2006, 23:55
As above really they didnt sell many, company car buyers arent interested in them as they cost too much in tax, private buyers all want diesels only really get the cars that the dealers have as demos and the odd buyer whos willing to lose 20k in a couple of years on a new car.

With the S60R's the mass majority of those are manuals, V70's are nearly all autos.