PDA

View Full Version : Evap valve

Bigtony
Thursday 10th August 2006, 11:51
At least I think it is!!

There is this valve thing that sits on the right side of the rad, there is a pipe which connects to it then runs down and under the car (Black plastic pipe) . Does anyone know where under the car this goes? it seems to me that I have tugged on mine and it has come out of where-ever it should be and is causing the car to hunt.

Thanks
Bigtony

mike 850
Thursday 10th August 2006, 13:17
carbon canister i believe mate, under the wing

Bigtony
Thursday 10th August 2006, 14:18
How many pipes go to the cannister? fogive me for asking but I have a air leak somewhere as the car is hunting and I am not sure if I put all the air pipes in the correct place. While we are at it there is a air outlet on the inlet manifold just below the air oputlet for the evap valve - what goes there?

mike 850
Thursday 10th August 2006, 15:16
as far as mine goes, one goes to the evap valve and the other goes back to the turbo recirc valve. i think its 2 pipes from the canister but i really dont know tbh

Bigtony
Thursday 10th August 2006, 17:52
Cheers mate

blackbooty
Thursday 10th August 2006, 18:19
evap valve sits in front of the pass front wheel, its black, cylindrical, 10"x 6",
two pipes, one goes under rad and then and back to the fuel tank.
not sure about other pipe without checking.

if its evap prob... itll throw up a fault code and run like a dog.

wayne

Bigtony
Friday 11th August 2006, 14:10
OK let me get this right. These valves there are three of them right?
1 - By the Air box....two pipes to the turbo and one to the air hose
2 - Under the battery tray 1 pipe goes? to the fuel tank and its black?
3 - Bolted to the rad and the pipe goes to the carbonator under the wing, the pipe is normally white/creamish...Right? How many pipes goes to the carbonator?

PLease tell me these are right as I do really think that these are whats giving me problems