PDA

View Full Version : subs

pitslayer
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 21:57
has the standard, cd tape deck got a remote cable? ive got a sub setup in my golf and was wondering if i can stick it all the boot of an S40, without changing the proper orignal cd tape deck?

mulletboy2
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 22:52
On the off-chance that it doesn't, you could always use the ignition switched live - it just means that the amp'll be on whenever the ignition's on rather than whenever the stereo's on ..

arbee
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 23:26
or pop in an line switch somewhere in the dash area if you want the facility to turn it off when the ignition is on.

pitslayer
Thursday 10th August 2006, 02:41
does it have RCA cables outputs aswell? forgot to ask that

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 07:16
does it have RCA cables outputs aswell? forgot to ask that
I'm fairly sure it wont, tho if you need to, a feed can be taken from the speaker output, either straight to the amp if it has the fcility or via a little converter box

TwistedSanity
Thursday 10th August 2006, 07:37
remote power switch------electric arial?(spelling)

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 07:42
remote power switch------electric arial?(spelling)

not sure about volvos but they tend to come on only when the radio is on and go off when cd/tape is in use

pitslayer
Thursday 10th August 2006, 17:42
anyone have a how to on this? i can wire a cd player and subs up no problem, but when it comes to fixed units i have no idea.
cheers for the help and input much appreciated.

for the remote cable i could take it off the cd player power input for when ignition comes on, so when it turn ignition on, the cd player will come on and off that wire in the remote to the amp and have it come on through there?

cheers

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 20:08
yeah thats what mullethead was suggesting, probably the best idea, have a llok if your amp has speaker level inputs, if not something like this will do

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLI-Line-Level-Convertor-Speakers-into-RCA-Only-7-50_W0QQitemZ220016056325QQihZ012QQcategoryZ14932QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

flyinglemur
Sunday 13th August 2006, 00:08
Just take the wire from the aerial. Taht's what the remote trigger was for

M44K TS
Sunday 13th August 2006, 00:40
i took a remote live from the cd changer wiring, only thing i'd say about the aerial, doesthe power not get turned off to it once its fully extended?

Benji
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 00:01
can you take a photo of the back of your headunit with the power block plugged in should be able to work out which you could use for remote, unless you fancy waiting till i have my own volvo lol

M44K TS
Wednesday 4th October 2006, 01:10
i reckon the cd changer is the best bet, it's powers up with the head unit and if you connect it to the aerial, it might cause interference to the reception

madleee
Sunday 8th October 2006, 18:08
anyone seen or made a sub unit to fit in the spare tyre well of an 855?
Has to have a kick grille on it 'cos it's going in a seven seater?

Benji
Sunday 8th October 2006, 22:58
why not build a false floor to cover it and put holes in it

madleee
Monday 9th October 2006, 07:47
I could use the ply floor that fits over the space saver now?

adriancole
Monday 9th October 2006, 07:48
anyone seen or made a sub unit to fit in the spare tyre well of an 855?
Has to have a kick grille on it 'cos it's going in a seven seater?

Yup, though i am not sure it will fit with a seven seater unless you compromise on the size of the sub or loose the two extra seats......

Volvo do one, though not poss to fit it with seven seats...

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/ff/4e/04_1_b.JPG

Pic of one.....