PDA

View Full Version : What Suspension??!!

Fatspice
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 21:53
Hi People.
I think it's time to start modifying!! :biggrin:
I have an '97 S70 T5 CD and have had a look on variuos sites but the choice is sooo confusing!!:confused:
What I am after is a kit that will greatly improve the handling but won't totally destroy the ride quality (the missis drives it as well).
What I would be grateful for are replies from those of you who have fitted kits, which ones and how you feel they changed the handling?
Thank you.
TTFN.

Dan850r
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 23:15
just picked up a set of leda coilovers, let you know the results when there fitted

gtiteen
Thursday 10th August 2006, 15:52
Make sure you get a strut brace, makes a huge different. I got koni adjustables with the eibach springs and i find them dead good but ive only ever driven it with these. Oh and polybushed all round. Hope you find exactly what youre looking for.
Dave

Dan850r
Thursday 10th August 2006, 21:10
fitted the ledas tonite, what a difference they make! no roll at all, not to choppy either. Set all the dampers to medium ( to bouncy on fully hard ) next on the list is to poly bush the wish bones, ( probably best to do this first ) the car feels totally planted to the road, much better than before.

I did pick the coilovers up second though so they may have bedded in slightly, but overall well impressed

Fatspice
Monday 14th August 2006, 21:14
Thanks guys.
Might "poly bush" and fit a strut brace first then.

Dan850r: We live close to each other. Perhaps we can get together sometime. Would you be happy taking me out in your car for me to see? pm me if you would like to.

JO5EPH
Monday 14th August 2006, 21:33
I've got a strut brace and Koni adjustables on mine. Standard springs at the moment...

On the road it's great, I used to have an astra gsi on stiffened shockers and it would knock your teeth out if you ran over an ant!
But the adjustables are great, not too hard a all.

I took it out for a track day last month, adjusted them accordingly and it was great on track too! Well, as great as a big car can be! But it felt so stable cornering at nearly 90 :B_steerin

But I think most people would say that the strut brace should be your first mod to improve the handling.

Joe :)