PDA

View Full Version : Geartronic box

anogg3
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 19:39
My gear box seems to not make its mind up which gear it wants at times is this normal? If you go fairly fast into corner let off then put your foot down half way through corner the box sort of stutters changes down full revs then changes up again any causes for this or have i got a shagged box to go with the shagged engine and turbo i had?

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:56
My gear box seems to not make its mind up which gear it wants at times is this normal? If you go fairly fast into corner let off then put your foot down half way through corner the box sort of stutters changes down full revs then changes up again any causes for this or have i got a shagged box to go with the shagged engine and turbo i had?

You have an out of date software version for your box I would guess.

Mine very occasionally will miss gears if you let off the power mid bend, but you should always try and keep a balanced throttle through a bend.

anogg3
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:59
So how do i get up to date software for my gearbox? I dont have to go to the main dealer do i?

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 21:34
So how do i get up to date software for my gearbox? I dont have to go to the main dealer do i?

I think you probably do, there are other chaps on here that work for main stealers, they may be able to enlighten you.