PDA

View Full Version : re : thinking of buying a D5 V70

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:19
I am thinking of buying a D5 V70 and losing the LHD 855 T5 (breaks my heart.....and the wallet!)

Has anyone got any advice on what to look for and any tell tale signs of abuse etc?

I am looking for 02-04 models, but i am unsure of what spec I will get, so any advice would be good. Also when expensive services (cambelt and tensioners) come up and at what mileage.

Also what sort of prices I can expect at auction, or private?

volvotuning
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:27
Another T5 driver sees the light :)

Best to get 2003 or later because the base spec is better. Nothing really to look out for other than if it takes a long time to fire up then it will need new injectors. Other than that, they are superb motors.

Adam.

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 15:40
Another T5 driver sees the light :)

Best to get 2003 or later because the base spec is better. Nothing really to look out for other than if it takes a long time to fire up then it will need new injectors. Other than that, they are superb motors.

Adam.

I take it you approve at VT!

Murphy
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 15:47
350lb/ft sir ;)

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:06
350lb/ft sir ;)

That is slightly into slingshot territory esp. if chipped no doubt! Just looked at the torque curves and OMG! That is outstanding!

Murphy
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:08
sorry, yeah that is when mapped. It makes for interesting overtaking maneuvers :mischievo

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:16
Which is the best to get - Auto or Manual? AWD? I have heard a few issues with geartronic boxes.

Murphy
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:21
I would be happy with either personally. Auto's are much easier to use more of the time - but manual is more involving if you are more enthusiastic when driving :)

T5ER
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:24
Oh 855 T5 coming up for sale??????? how much mate

Babybadger
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:35
Oh 855 T5 coming up for sale??????? how much mate

LHD auto 92k km on the clock.....sure you want it? Looking for £3k , and I am going to need it looking at the D5 prices..... It may even have anthracite comets on at sale.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8445&highlight=lhd is all the details. Only thing different is we are selling both cars ( the other is a Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia estate ) and getting 1 big diesel estate to save on costs.

lance
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:39
I prefer manual or straight auto, In my opinion geartronic is pants!

Babybadger
Thursday 10th August 2006, 11:52
I prefer manual or straight auto, In my opinion geartronic is pants!

The other choice of course is a SAAB 9-5 3.0V6 TiD Estate...........

Murphy
Thursday 10th August 2006, 12:07
Here are some link's from Scoobynet: Saab info (http://bbs.scoobynet.com/search.php?searchid=1017749)

If there are other considerations, have a look at the Audi A6. They are similar money to the Volvo, but variable servicing and cheaper insurance?? All much of a muchness really :)

Redbrick
Friday 11th August 2006, 22:18
Do it!

The only thing I'm missing from my R is the acceleration from 90 to 130 on my private road.

I'm loving the economy with resonable performance, the comfiest seats ever, uprated sound system with Volvo sub, the straight 5 rumble even though it's a diesel and suprisingly good sports chassis and suspension.

I'm not looking back! :B_steerin