PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth / Poole Area

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 12:58
May I propose a small local Bournemouth/Poole meeting somewhere on the border soon, say at the Mountbatton Arms, Wallisdown or something? next week?
Maybe a swift half?

All in favour, say I

MattB
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:17
I :hidesbehi

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:24
I!:)

S40 T4
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:25
i i i

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:35
Well, that's pretty much enough people anyway... All welcome of course.
Shal we say Thursday Night? - I can't do tuesday, I am going to see the Fimbles live!!!
Unless a this weekend would be preferable?

arbee
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:53
Just in case you dont notice, I've updated the 'Roll call for Southern members' thread -

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12408

Date is not til 8th October tho so your welcome to have a local meet beforehand! :) - Sadly you'll be too far away for me tho at short notice lol

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 14:07
Just in case you dont notice, I've updated the 'Roll call for Southern members' thread -

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12408

Date is not til 8th October tho so your welcome to have a local meet beforehand! :) - Sadly you'll be too far away for me tho at short notice lol

Mate, I hope you don't think I am treading on your toes, this was more of a local meet for local people.... :)
No really, anybody is invited, I realise it's short notice, but the main reason I am organising this is that there are a few members on this board that live very close to each other in Poole/Bournemoth and most of us have never met. - Just an off the cuf, spure of the moment type thing, and I fancied a beer :)
I will see you in Sailsbury though :) - My Brother lives in Chippenham, so I suspect I will go and visit him and bring him with me.

arbee
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 14:15
Mate, I hope you don't think I am treading on your toes, this was more of a local meet for local people.... :)
No really, anybody is invited, I realise it's short notice, but the main reason I am organising this is that there are a few members on this board that live very close to each other in Poole/Bournemoth and most of us have never met. - Just an off the cuf, spure of the moment type thing, and I fancied a beer :)
I will see you in Sailsbury though :) - My Brother lives in Chippenham, so I suspect I will go and visit him and bring him with me.

No not at all mate :) And just to reasure anyone else in the Southern region - anyone is free, no - encouraged to sort out local meets :) - As long as they post some pics up afterwards!

marky 76
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 15:45
yeah count me in ,, what sort of time are we planning on getting there ????????????

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 17:29
All we need is a day + Time really lads, somebody needs to suggest these and everybody agree's.

I suggest Sunday evening or Monday evening - Approx 18-20:00 Hours

S40 T4
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 17:36
eithers good for me.

MattB
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 17:53
All we need is a day + Time really lads, somebody needs to suggest these and everybody agree's.

I suggest Sunday evening or Monday evening - Approx 18-20:00 Hours
Sunday's ok, but Monday would be better for me. :)
(typical - someone's being awkward already - tusk, tusk!!)

MattB
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 17:58
As long as they post some pics up afterwards!
Oh yeah - what sort of pics??....... lol:lol:

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 18:13
Sunday or Monday evening is good for me.

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 19:30
Monday it is then, 19:00 hours ?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:02
Good for me, where abouts?

volvolised
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:15
I................................................. .................... will enjoy catching up with all, would the toys 'r' us :rotfl: car park be a good pre bevvie meet up ??

MattB
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:22
I................................................. .................... will enjoy catching up with all, would the toys 'r' us car park be a good pre bevvie meet up ??
Have you been on the cans already Warren?? lol.:lol:
Glad you've posted, was going to give you a bell later if you hadn't.
I don't mind where we meet - what ever is easiest for all.

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:52
I................................................. .................... will enjoy catching up with all, would the toys 'r' us :rotfl: car park be a good pre bevvie meet up ??

Lol, the Venue is the carpark of the Mountbatton arms public house, Wallisdown Road.

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 20:54
Good for me, where abouts?

As above :-

The Venue is the carpark of the Mountbatton arms public house, Wallisdown Road.

Monday Evening 14th August, at 19:00 Hours.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 22:17
As above :-

The Venue is the carpark of the Mountbatton arms public house, Wallisdown Road.

Monday Evening 14th August, at 19:00 Hours.

Don't suppose you've got an address for that place have ya!!!?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 22:29
No worries, found it!

Mountbatten Arms
Wallisdown Road
Poole
Dorset
BH12 5AD

See you there!! Looking forward to it!

dreadly
Friday 11th August 2006, 13:00
Guys, you are going to hate me for this....

due to recent 'events' and the fact I work for Air traffic controll, I am getting sent to Oslow in Norway first thing monday morning.... - SORRY!

Can we do this again in a few weeks when I get back?

volvolised
Friday 11th August 2006, 13:13
Or maybe bring forward to sunday night, but hey i'm easy so lets see what all agree !!:)

MattB
Friday 11th August 2006, 15:01
Or maybe bring forward to sunday night, but hey i'm easy so lets see what all agree !!:)
Sunday would suit me. :troutslap

S70T5Chris
Friday 11th August 2006, 15:30
I could do sunday instead, if that suits everyone better.

marky 76
Friday 11th August 2006, 15:58
sunday evening is good for me ,, just looking forward to catching up with other ovlov folk,,,,,

dreadly
Friday 11th August 2006, 16:37
Ok, but I can't stay long, I have to leave at 03:00 hours on monday morning!!!
I shall buy you a beer to make up :)

S70T5Chris
Friday 11th August 2006, 17:57
Cool, Sunday ay 7pm it is then. I look forward to it.

volvolised
Friday 11th August 2006, 17:58
Bonus !!!:Handshake ,, only joking, look forward to meeting all that come

dreadly
Friday 11th August 2006, 20:52
Sounds good.. - I will get there early and have a steak with the trouble and strife & Kids/beasts.

MIKESC70T5
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:08
Hi everyone, i just joined up to this forum today.What happens at these meet ups?. I live in Verwood so Wallisdown is only 10 miles from me so i was thinking of popping along on Sunday.

Also i've just posted some pics of the car in the "volvo garage" section of the forum"

Mike.:)

S70T5Chris
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:17
Hi everyone, i just joined up to this forum today.What happens at these meet ups?. I live in Verwood so Wallisdown is only 10 miles from me so i was thinking of popping along on Sunday.

Also i've just posted some pics of the car in the "volvo garage" section of the forum"

Hi Mike

It's just a nice chance to catch up with other members, meet some of the people you see post here all the time. Check out each others motors, and general chit chat! Hope you can make it.

You motor looks the D's B's by the way.

Chris

volvolised
Friday 11th August 2006, 21:29
Another hi mike,
it would great to see you there, the more the merrier, will also be our first deep south meet(i believe) tis all for the fun of it, personaly i'm looking forward to seeing S70 chris's car (best be clean) :Handshake

S70T5Chris
Friday 11th August 2006, 22:22
personaly i'm looking forward to seeing S70 chris's car (best be clean) :Handshake

Bought me a new pressure washer today, and treated the old girl to a nice bath!!! And got half way through polishing, so i'll finish it tomorrow! Mind you it'll probably p*ss down before sunday, and the car'll be a right state again!!!

volvolised
Friday 11th August 2006, 22:41
The white gloves are on !!

dreadly
Saturday 12th August 2006, 06:44
Dont tell me I have to bloody clean it again, I only did that 6months ago :)

MattB
Saturday 12th August 2006, 12:30

Hi mike,
Feel free to drop on down on Sunday - most of us are meeting for the first time, so don't be shy!
BTW - car looks very nice indeed!... :)

MattB
Saturday 12th August 2006, 12:31
Mind you it'll probably p*ss down before sunday...I'm hoping it does, so that I have an excuse not to clean it! :saythat:

Adge
Saturday 12th August 2006, 19:12
Would have liked to be there. Good idea and relatively local!
Car in having air con looked at. On-going saga.

dreadly
Sunday 13th August 2006, 08:42
Is it doing the old 5min cycle thing, or is it just leaking like a sieve

Adge
Sunday 13th August 2006, 19:17
Loses gas. They replaced inleet valve and said that was it. Lost gas over next 2-3 weeks. Still trying to locate leak. Could be dreaded evaporator!

arbee
Sunday 13th August 2006, 21:21
How'd it go lads? Any pics?
Warren I will give you a ring tomorrow I promise! - been away at the weekend and forgot to take your number!

dreadly
Sunday 13th August 2006, 22:22
Meet went really well, we all stayed sober and had a pretty good chat.

I saw some interesting cars, a nice Porsche brake conversion and some photo's will follow, I am off for two weeks tommorow though, so probably will not see them for a while.

We did a little comparing of RICA'd cars and None RICA'd cars with some supprisingly interesting results, and I showed the other chaps the pro's and con's of Geartronic.

Thanks Guys, chat later.

BTW :- Anybody know what size the standard turbo is on a 2003 S60 T5, I think it's a 16T, is this correct?

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 13th August 2006, 22:39
A fun evening was had by all. How are everyones brakes doing?

volvolised
Sunday 13th August 2006, 22:46
Hey B'mouth meet guys, Yeah was great to meet you all very interesting conclusion to the evening , very impressed with andy's S60, a very smooth quick motor and also just as impressed with adrians V70 ( your'e both nutters, can still smell brakes boiling now):B_steerin. all in all, think all the motors were tops snd had a fun evening :Handshake cheers warren. (no worries arbee will catch up when you can)

S70T5Chris
Sunday 13th August 2006, 23:07
Nice to meet you all, had a great evening. It was nice to run all the cars, and see how they all compared. Impressed with the S60, and well impressed with Adrian's "stock" V70 (That thing flew!)!

Look forward to doing it again soon.

Chris.

PS. Showed a dude in an '06 530 what a real car goes like, on the way home! Don't think he was very happy!!!

Andrew
Sunday 13th August 2006, 23:09
Could someone edit the pic and put usernames above each ? handy to put a name to a face...

Hope you all had a fab time.
Ac.

MattB
Monday 14th August 2006, 08:22
Could someone edit the pic and put usernames above each ? handy to put a name to a face...

Hope you all had a fab time.
Ac.
Would love too, infact I'm almost there, hope to post it up later...

PS I think a fab time was had by all!? Good to meet people in the local area with a similar interest and also see + compare cars and have a good old chin-wag!! :biggrin:

MattB
Monday 14th August 2006, 14:02
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/MattB_/BournemouthMeet-namesdate.jpg
User names, as promised....

arbee
Monday 14th August 2006, 14:43
great stuff :) cheeese!

just noticed the reg plates were obscred on the second but not the first - the 850 T5 plate - is that the proper plate or is it for show? I'm assuming if it is the assigned plate it starts B5... what a great plate!

MIKESC70T5
Monday 14th August 2006, 19:03
The plate belongs to "volvolised" and should be B5 OST. He said it's been on there for about 3 years with no problems from the plod. It's for sale aswell if you are interested.

Mike.

volvolised
Monday 14th August 2006, 19:42
Hey mike thanks for posting pics, glad you had a great night aswell, a first meet for you and most of us too but think it was fun for all :mischievo . Very much look forward to a run in your car it is a belter, will pop in sometime soon. ps B5 OTS pps thanks mattb for adding names

S70T5Chris
Monday 14th August 2006, 21:11
Hey Warren, got that BSR back on yet???!

doubleup146
Monday 14th August 2006, 21:49
B******ks, missed the meet , been off line and flu , all happens in blink of eye , may be soon guys , if not oct is deffo

volvolised
Monday 14th August 2006, 22:27
Not yet chris (nice car !!), but will do soon, was good fun running with andy and adrian eh !! maybe up your way in the near future with mattb but will pm you nearer the time.Glad you got back o.k,and had a bit of fun to boot warren[QUOTE=S70T5Chris]

parnell5537
Monday 14th August 2006, 23:07
HAD A GREAT evening
nice to meet new faces & some pucca motors, i was hopeing to upgrade to a RICA this month but more so needing new brakes/ as with andy's s60 (bigger brakes needed:haha: )
realy good to see some well mod'ed up volvo's & learn some interesting info
Hope to see you all at salisbury with a load more members ?

o & by the way chris i bet that gezzer in the 530 was (well gutted):cussing: