PDA

View Full Version : D5 tuning ?!?

Murphy
Monday 4th April 2005, 17:21
Come on then Adam - keep us up to date.....

I saw your runs on Saturday, very quick launch, but it looked like the fly by wire was getting the way of progress. So what are you thinking, turbo back exhaust with sports cat, large intercooler / turbo, custom map !?!?!

I am hoping 250-260 bhp is achievable but with knocking on the door of 400 lb/ft from 1500-4500 rpm - lol .........

it won't be long before the oil burners take over :firedevil

volvotuning
Monday 4th April 2005, 19:46
I'm thinking...

I wish I could feckin drive properly!!! LOL

But I did drive away from Avon Park showing 35 mpg on the display :)

Rest assured, there will be further developments. A possible 230 bhp may not be too far away, but that's all I'm saying!

Adam.

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:15
go petrol.... :banana:

volvotuning
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:17
shut up! LOL

Adam.

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:41
r u mr volvo tuning proper chip/zorst etc tuning,,,,? If so I have a HUGE WAD OF CASH BURNING MY POCKET OUT.......igmore the caps...me keyBOARD DOES THAT..TOO Tight to get another....

Wobbly Dave
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:31
r u mr volvo tuning proper chip/zorst etc tuning,,,,? If so I have a HUGE WAD OF CASH BURNING MY POCKET OUT.......igmore the caps...me keyBOARD DOES THAT..TOO Tight to get another....

If you are too toght to spend 10 quid on keyBoARD then you ain't gonna get much more than a wiper blade at VT? LOL

Get RICA'd you know you wanna!!

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 23:49
not too tight bud....emergency repair...fortunately had a spare that I borrowed from work. *Nuff said)
Am seroiuslly interested in this upgrade which it seems u know a lot about....mty little beastie pulls like a train but having had a 300zx nissan TT it lacks a certain something....not wISHINg to compare the 2 cars.....cant help feeling there is Ssssoooooo mutch more in theese things...(not only that.....got a few 300 owners who want to have a go,,,,hehe)
Is the RICA upgrade really worth it??? (guess it is looking at posts)
How insurance friendly is it?....is it detectable?
If I went for a stainless nhigh flo zorst,,,what difference,,AND WHERE FROM....WANT TO KEEP THE CATS IN ALL SERIOUSNEss as not into all the hardcore sTUFF.
aIR FLO IS A THINGY TOO....ANYONE GOT ANY RECOMMENDATIONS....i AM GOING FROM STANDARD SO...NEw to A;; tHIS t-5r sTUFF.
ooohhhh caps lock has done me proud on this post,,,,, :banana:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 00:13
RICA is pretty undectectable, unless you write in bold letter on your bumper - I have chipped this T5 with RICA

On your conscience but I consider that the car is already v powerful, stock. It will be impossible to tell outwardly by looking at the ECU. If you have a crash - how can they test it, would they even be looking for it? I doubt it. Electronically (Adam will be able to clarify) it is very hard to tell.
If the car is stolen - then there is no car to check?
If the car is burnt - again it is likely that there will be no way to test it as all the wires will have melted/fused.
This is my opinion. You make your own mind up. I personally have no desire to line the pockets of the insurance company.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 00:19
Induction - my recommendations are simple. A panel filter - I have ITG - they are good. K&N if you prefer. The standard T5 zorst is 2.5" in diameter from the cat(alytic converter) backwards. Unless you uprate to a large turbo i.e. the 19T there is no performance gain in putting on a stainless system. Anyway the volvo ones never rust (apart from the rear hangers). It is purely cosmetic and auditory. Miltec is good, powerflow have done wonders on Pedro's car. You can have it as lound or quiet as you like. It is difficult to fit wider than 2.5 inches due to the clearance on the rear suspension components when the zorst heats up. Cold 3" will go in ok - so I have been told - warm it'll rattle against the body of the car. Someone tell me I am wrong?

splatt
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 00:20
RICA is pretty undectectable, unless you write in bold letter on your bumper - I have chipped this T5 with RICA

On your conscience but I consider that the car is already v powerful, stock. It will be impossible to tell outwardly by looking at the ECU. If you have a crash - how can they test it, would they even be looking for it? I doubt it. Electronically (Adam will be able to clarify) it is very hard to tell.
If the car is stolen - then there is no car to check?
If the car is burnt - again it is likely that there will be no way to test it as all the wires will have melted/fused.
This is my opinion. You make your own mind up. I personally have no desire to line the pockets of the insurance company.Davey buddy....missed the point....is it really worth me spending 500 quid for the chip/zorst etc....I could always spend it on a new garden shed or even a nice new carpet for my lounge but IS IT WORTH it?....240 hp is nice but.........

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 09:07
YES!!! Its worth it!! Without a doubt!! I was hesitant to go down that route having had an MBC fitted to mine before the upgrade! I thought that I had all the power I needed..............That was until I got the old girl RICA'd.

I would 150% recommend it - the whole drivability of the car is changed and you will find your tyres dont need changing so often!

Where else can you get that sort of power increase for that little money?

x

(Sorry Murphy bit of a hijack going on here!)

Murphy
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 09:14
(Sorry Murphy bit of a hijack going on here!)

Oy you lot. This is an oil burning zone only - lol.

Back to topic please.........