PDA

View Full Version : TRAX track-time thread - Very short deadline! (and general TRAX update!)

arbee
Monday 7th August 2006, 22:24
General updates, Track time, camping, meet ups, convoys etc....

TRACKTIME
As promised, Spoke to the TRAX organisers on Friday who have confirmed our booking so I'll now sort out the Track Time booking if anyone wants it. You are able to book up your own session direct but I thought people would prefer it if we coordinate our booking so everyone is on the track at the same time.

Cost is £25 for a 15 min session. We do not have the numbers to pay for an exclusive VPCUK session.

details can be seen here:

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/tracktime.html

Please ensure you read all the details on the link about helmets, driving licences etc.

I WILL book next Monday-
SO THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT IS STRICTLY SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST! - No payment, no tracktime (at least not through me!)

If you want some tracktime, stick your name down here, PM me to be sure, and send payment as before. (add a bit to cover paypal fees or send a cheque if prefered)

MEET UP EN ROUTE / CONVOY
Gates open for Trax exhibitors at 7am (I know I know!). Queues can be huge. We can meet up at say 6.15 at Newport Pagnall Services Northbound, just North of J14 M1, and convoy up to Silverstone.

Or......

CAMPING/ACCOMODATION
See this link:
http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/html/ct_accommodation.php
and this direct to the campsites....
http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/pdf/SilverstoneLocalCampsites.pdf
The Trax show organisers are suggesting the first campsite on the list, Whittlebury Park as it allows direct access to Silverstone grounds. There is no camping actually within the circuit itself.

Or...

GET YOURSELF THERE PROMPTLY!....
Obviously you can make your own way up there either the night before, or in the morning etc. Please bare in mind the potential queues, and that club exibitors must be on site by 9am latest

UPDATE 29/08/06!
Ok gang, my package was indeed the tickets - unfortunately it was minus one ticket and the tracktime bookings!

Having spoken to them today they assure me its all booked, and they are resending me the missing admisssion ticket. With regards to the tracktime I will be emailed the details and we will be able to book in properly on the day - will let you know when I have them. I will go to the tracktime booking office first thing on Sunday just to confirm it all up :)

Tickets/and passes have been sent out to you all first class today and should be with you either tomorrow or Thurs :)

Let me know if there are any problems etc, my number is included with your tickets :)

Cheers

Rich :)

----------------------------------

Just to confirm, these are the final numbers who have already paid for basic entry tickets/passes:

UPDATED 27/08/06

1. arbee
2. Lee - late booking, ticket aquired ok
3. BlackBeast
4. andy l
5. JO5EPH
6. T5slave
7. T5ER.
8. Wobbly Dave
9. r7uss
10. S70T5Chris
11. JudgeNinja
12. doubleup146
13. Jadeaggy
14. t5tart
15. Highgun - late booking, all paid cheers.
16. Rbphot - late straggler
17. pzorb - late straggler

Had a few unfortunate cancellees :( - next time peeps :)
Matt30462 had to cancel
siamblue had to cancel
Engineer had to cancel
AdrianCole had to cancel
Tomcat had to cancel

I may also be able to book fresh tickets/show passes for any last minute straglers - space is not guarenteed so PM me if you want to go but have yet booked/paid.

Please copy/paste these lists as appropriate (with title of list!)

Tracktime list
1. Judgeninja (paid booked separately)
2. Jo5eph (paid)
3. Jadeaggy (paid x 2 sessions)
4. t5tart (paid x 2 sessions)

Convoy list
1. arbee
2. r7uss
3. jadeaggy
4. t5tart (probably)
5. S70T5Chris
6. rbphot

Camping list
1. Jo5eph
2. Judgeninja

JUDGENINJA
Monday 7th August 2006, 23:00
Cool nice to see a few of you lot wanting to play with your Volvos in a safe place....

I doubt I'll get my confirmation before you place your order so :
Arbee,
Can you put a covering letter to ask if they can coordinate with my booking (you have my contact details) or any other Volvo marque booking. Then it maybe a fluke that you lot can come and play with me.....otherwise I'll video you lot, then someone can will Video me....

PS - I've placed myself as an "intermediate"

arbee
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 07:17
Cool nice to see a few of you lot wanting to play with your Volvos in a safe place....

I doubt I'll get my confirmation before you place your order so :
Arbee,
Can you put a covering letter to ask if they can coordinate with my booking (you have my contact details) or any other Volvo marque booking. Then it maybe a fluke that you lot can come and play with me.....otherwise I'll video you lot, then someone can will Video me....

PS - I've placed myself as an "intermediate"

Yeah mate I asked them about that and they said it should be no problem co-ordinating your booking with 'ours'. BTW - I didn't see an option for novice/intermediate etc - is that on the website/form, or did they ask when you booked it?

Rnash2002
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 10:54
Hi will be comming to this,sorted mine throught the rover forum,hopfuly have a t5 before this comes up lol,will have to pop over and say hello.

siamblue
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 14:10

Tracktime list

Convoy list
1. arbee
2.Siamblue

Camping list

General updates, Track time, camping, meet ups, convoys etc....

TRACKTIME
As promised, Spoke to the TRAX organisers on Friday who have confirmed our booking so I'll now sort out the Track Time booking if anyone wants it. You are able to book up your own session direct but I thought people would prefer it if we coordinate our booking so everyone is on the track at the same time.

Cost is £25 for a 15 min session. We do not have the numbers to pay for an exclusive VPCUK session.

details can be seen here:

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/tracktime.html

Please ensure you read all the details on the link about helmets, driving licences etc.

I WILL book next Monday-
SO THE DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT IS STRICTLY SATURDAY 12TH AUGUST! - No payment, no tracktime (at least not through me!)

If you want some tracktime, stick your name down here, PM me to be sure, and send payment as before. (add a bit to cover paypal fees or send a cheque if prefered)

MEET UP EN ROUTE / CONVOY
Gates open for Trax exhibitors at 7am (I know I know!). Queues can be huge. We can meet up at say 6.15 at Newport Pagnall Services Northbound, just North of J14 M1, and convoy up to Silverstone.

Or......

CAMPING/ACCOMODATION
See this link:
http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/html/ct_accommodation.php
and this direct to the campsites....
http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk/pdf/SilverstoneLocalCampsites.pdf
The Trax show organisers are suggesting the first campsite on the list, Whittlebury Park as it allows direct access to Silverstone grounds. There is no camping actually within the circuit itself.

Or...

GET YOURSELF THERE PROMPTLY!....
Obviously you can make your own way up there either the night before, or in the morning etc. Please bare in mind the potential queues, and that club exibitors must be on site by 9am latest

Just to confirm, these are the final numbers who have already paid for basic entry tickets/passes:

1. arbee
2. Tomcat
3. BlackBeast
4. andy l
5. JO5EPH
6. AdrianCole
7. T5slave
8. T5ER.
9. Wobbly Dave
10. Engineer
11. r7uss
12. S70T5Chris
13. siamblue
14. JudgeNinja
15. doubleup146
16. Matt30462
17. Jadeaggy
18. t5tart

I may also be able to book fresh tickets/show passes for any last minute straglers - space is not guarenteed so PM me if you want to go but have yet booked/paid.

Tracktime list

Convoy list
1. arbee

Camping list

JO5EPH
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 18:39
Can we paypal you using the same email address as was used to book the entry tickets? (let me know asap and i'll sort it) :)

Tracktime list
2. JO5EPH

Convoy list
1. arbee
2.Siamblue

Camping list
1. JO5EPH

EDIT: Personally i'd prefer track time to be earlier rather than later if possible? I left before 4pm last year because i'd been there since the early hours!

T5ER
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 18:42
Sorry arbee not trying to hijack the thread,just want to know that those coming from up north via the M1 would you like to meet at services somewere round the leicester area and then convoy down????.Sorry again arbee just thought it might be a idea

arbee
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 21:21
Can we paypal you using the same email address as was used to book the entry tickets? (let me know asap and i'll sort it) :)

yep no problem :) same address.

Just want to know that those coming from up north via the M1 would you like to meet at services somewere round the leicester area and then convoy down?

Yeah good idea, think of a location and time (i'd suggest around the same time as the Northbound convoy) and i'll edit the first post and start a list :)

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 00:33
....- I didn't see an option for novice/intermediate etc - is that on the website/form, ......

I not sure if the link will work, but it is on the left side in the middle. I didn't want to get stuck behind the standard Saxo's and Nova's.....

Booking form (http://www.traxshows.co.uk/images/forms/Priority%20form.pdf)

arbee
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 07:21
I not sure if the link will work, but it is on the left side in the middle. I didn't want to get stuck behind the standard Saxo's and Nova's.....

Booking form (http://www.traxshows.co.uk/images/forms/Priority%20form.pdf)

ta- they don't ask that bit on the club booking form - weird. Will bare it in mind :)

r7uss
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 22:46
6:15!! never mind might do an all nighter, otherwise will never get up!
count me in..

Convoy list
1. arbee
2.Siamblue
3. r7uss

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 21:09
I know! Done it for the last few years and it doesnt get easier! - early but worth it for a good day :)

Anyone else joining us at Newport Pagnalll?

Any one else want to get a last minute ticket?!?

(lists updated in 1st post)

T5ER
Thursday 10th August 2006, 21:12
What time do the gates open and what time are people getting there???? if anybody is coming down the M1(probably the way i will go)meet up at jct 21 or 21a

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 21:40
gates open at 7am, queues build up before that, i would aim to get there for 7 mate. I have got there earlier before, hung around for ages for the gates to open and then they end up letting people in, in a random order - pointless getting there much before 7!

I see from my trusty map there are services (Leicester) just south of J21A - probably a suitable meet point for convoying from the North - I'd suggest meeting at 6.15 and leaving at 6.30?

T5ER
Thursday 10th August 2006, 22:01
gates open at 7am, queues build up before that, i would aim to get there for 7 mate. I have got there earlier before, hung around for ages for the gates to open and then they end up letting people in, in a random order - pointless getting there much before 7!

I see from my trusty map there are services (Leicester) just south of J21A - probably a suitable meet point for convoying from the North - I'd suggest meeting at 6.15 and leaving at 6.30?
Yep matey sounds semi good but have to drop the kids off b4 i go anywere,so i may be down later than that

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 22:13
ok mate cool :)

JO5EPH
Thursday 10th August 2006, 22:25
Might be getting ahead of myself here, but thought i'd ask...

...when will the tickets get sent out? Also, when will you know what time our track time is?

Cheers,

Joe :)

arbee
Thursday 10th August 2006, 22:30
Might be getting ahead of myself here, but thought i'd ask...

...when will the tickets get sent out? Also, when will you know what time our track time is?

Cheers,

Tickets will be sent to me approx 2 weeks before so I'm told, however i know in the past its been a lot closer to the event so in liklihood, they may not be with you until much before the day.

I'll ask about track time timings when I book next week but I guess this may not be allocated until later - I will do my best to ask that it is not too late in the day :)

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 10th August 2006, 23:32
Put me down for Camping please.
Joe - I've just PM'd you...

No news on my track time yet....!!!!

T5ER
Sunday 13th August 2006, 21:27
I can now meet at 6.15 am at jct 21a if anyone fancies it as the kids are going the night b4

t5tart
Monday 14th August 2006, 02:32
nuts
just thought with my wallet being nicked and my licence in it i may not be able to get a replacement in time
what the hell do i do
as have booked track time

arbee
Monday 14th August 2006, 07:15
nuts
just thought with my wallet being nicked and my licence in it i may not be able to get a replacement in time
what the hell do i do
as have booked track time

Try giving the organisers a call today mate - i havent actually booked it yet (was planning to today) so if need be i can refund you. let me know mate! - I'll pm you my number :)

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 17th August 2006, 13:06
CAMPSITE (http://www.whittlebury.com/contactus.html)

This is where JO5EPH and myself will be if anyone else wants to join us...

DISCOUNT IF YOU BOOK SEVEN DAYS IN ADVANCE..

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 26th August 2006, 14:53
I've finally had my track times through........

E15 - 10.20am
I9 - 11.40am
:rally_dri

And my replacement licence has finally turned up too.!!!!

T5ER
Saturday 26th August 2006, 14:56
Anybody want to meet just after jct 21a at the services if so let me know

arbee
Saturday 26th August 2006, 22:02
I've finally had my track times through........

I think I have a recorded delivery packet waiting for me at the posties - will know Tuesday AM! will hopefully get the tickets out to people Tuesday too for Wed/Thurs delivery!

Tomcat
Saturday 26th August 2006, 22:04
What time do we have to get there for on Sunday?....

T5ER
Saturday 26th August 2006, 22:10
What time do we have to get there for on Sunday?....
i AM AIMING FOR 7-7.30 AM MATE WHAT ROAD YOU COMING DOWN ON

Tomcat
Saturday 26th August 2006, 22:21
To be honest if we have to be there so early I'm not sure I'm going to be able to come.

I'm supposed to be bringing my wife and daughter, but my little girl is back at school the following day. If we have to be there at 7/7.30 I'll have to leave home at around 6 and I don't know what time we'll get back but its not going to be early is it?. I don't think it would be fair to knacker my little girl out the day before she's due back at school...

arbee
Saturday 26th August 2006, 22:58
See the top post mate, they want you on the grounds by 9, however I cant see them turning you away. The very worst that would happen would be that they dont let you on the show ground, your ticket will still be valid for the joe public entrance. There is stuff goung on til around 5-6pm iirc but your can leave any time mate :)

hope you can make it!!

Tomcat
Saturday 26th August 2006, 23:09
Cheers Arbee, I'll have to see what I can manage. I'd love to go

S70T5Chris
Sunday 27th August 2006, 13:13
Convoy list
1. arbee
2. siamblue
3. r7uss
4. jadeaggy
5. t5tart (probably)
6. s70t5chris

arbee
Sunday 27th August 2006, 17:02
Updated the first post with the new numbers :)

Lee
Sunday 27th August 2006, 17:28
Anyone going from the midlands want to meet up???

JO5EPH
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 18:01
I think I have a recorded delivery packet waiting for me at the posties - will know Tuesday AM! will hopefully get the tickets out to people Tuesday too for Wed/Thurs delivery!

What time are we on then?? :D

arbee
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 20:54
UPDATE!
Ok gang, my package was indeed the tickets - unfortunately it was minus one ticket and the tracktime bookings!

Having spoken to them today they assure me its all booked, and they are resending me the missing admisssion ticket. With regards to the tracktime I will be emailed the details and we will be able to book in properly on the day - will let you know when I have them. I will go to the tracktime booking office first thing on Sunday just to confirm it all up :)

Tickets/and passes have been sent out to you all first class today and should be with you either tomorrow or Thurs :)

Let me know if there are any problems etc, my number is included with your tickets :)

Cheers

Rich :)

arbee
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 21:08
Wayne, thats the general list lol- you're already at '7' ;) Anyway your welcome to join us - just remember NORTHBOUND! :)

T5ER
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 21:11
Wayne, thats the general list lol- you're already at '7' ;) Anyway your welcome to join us - just remember NORTHBOUND! :)
LOL did not see myself :troutslap .That means i have to go south bound then come back up ???? oh well why not

JO5EPH
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 21:54
UPDATE!

With regards to the tracktime I will be emailed the details and we will be able to book in properly on the day - will let you know when I have them. I will go to the tracktime booking office first thing on Sunday just to confirm it all up :)

I hope they havent forgotten to do ours, and are just going to stick us on at the end of the day...:eek:

Thanks for being Chief Organiser anyway Rich!! :hail:

arbee
Tuesday 29th August 2006, 22:40
LOL, no she did give me the refs over the phone - I didnt write them down coz she said she'd email me them! - will have to 'chase' tommorow. Gonna have to get a special organisers badge made up lol! :)

Tomcat
Wednesday 30th August 2006, 00:18
Just and some really bad news today and as a result I'm not going to be able to attend on Sunday......(sigh), hope you all have a great time, remember to take loads and loads of photos please!!!!.

Oh, also don't let them F*rd boys push you around!,lol

arbee
Friday 1st September 2006, 21:56
OK tracktimes have arrived! -

Times are given for both the briefing sessions (which take place some time prior to the tracktime session) and for the tracktime session itself. Unfortunately they have not been allocated to correspond with Judgeninja but hey, at least we're booked lol :)

BRIEFING SESSION TIME 08:40, TRACK SESSION TIME 09:40
JO5EPH (ref C46), jadeaggy (ref C34), t5tart (ref C50)

BRIEFING SESSION TIME 10:00, TRACK SESSION TIME 11:20
jadeaggy (ref H39), t5tart (ref H40)

You must ensure you collect the correctly referenced ticket packs from me on Sunday. Amongst other things, the packs state you should be at the briefing in the Brooklands Suite 10 mins before it is due to start - this means you guys in particular must be on site as early as possible to give yourselves plenty of time - seeing as you 3 are either camping or convoying it shouldnt be a problem :)

JO5EPH
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 10:42
Thanks again mate!

Just one quick question, last year I had to stick the vehicle pass in the windscreen so the people could direct us, I presume we do that again? (it doesnt say anywhere that we need to) :confused:

arbee
Saturday 2nd September 2006, 18:22
you do indeed Joe - (thats the a4 piece of paper :)