PDA

View Full Version : Code Readers

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 16:41
I am looking for a coder reader and or stats software for my 95 855 T-5R.

The OBD socket is under the coin holder in the cabin, I think the "motortronics 4.3" was mentioned somewhere. All the readers I see advertised on ebay are for 96 onwards which is probably because thats when OBD-II become a standard.

Reading codes is my first aim but getting things like car statistical and performance data would be very useful say via a reader into my laptop or IPAQ PDA ?

Can anyone point me towards suitable solutions.??

Andrew.

rich850t5
Monday 4th April 2005, 21:12
I am looking for a coder reader and or stats software for my 95 855 T-5R.

The OBD socket is under the coin holder in the cabin, I think the "motortronics 4.3" was mentioned somewhere. All the readers I see advertised on ebay are for 96 onwards which is probably because thats when OBD-II become a standard.

Reading codes is my first aim but getting things like car statistical and performance data would be very useful say via a reader into my laptop or IPAQ PDA ?

Can anyone point me towards suitable solutions.??

Andrew.I know justin made his own can you share that info J? :gossip: thanks

splatt
Monday 4th April 2005, 21:48
I bought one 50 quid off e bay from someone in Germany, worth a try eh? will let u know.

Andrew
Monday 4th April 2005, 22:05
I know justin made his own can you share that info J? :gossip: thanks

Yes please - if your sure it works on pre-96 models.

rich850t5
Tuesday 5th April 2005, 18:43
I bought one 50 quid off e bay from someone in Germany, worth a try eh? will let u know.SPLATT have you used your code reader yet? how did you get on? cheers :smile:

splatt
Saturday 9th April 2005, 00:59
It arrived today (well yesterday considering the time!!!) so will plug the little thingy in tomorrow and fire up the laptop (4 YO daughter permitting!!!) Will let you know..
SPLATT have you used your code reader yet? how did you get on? cheers :smile:

Andrew
Saturday 9th April 2005, 09:54
Ah you bought the OBDII you plug into a serial port