PDA

View Full Version : V70 P2 T5 help

Daz T5
Monday 7th August 2006, 17:18
Hi all

Had a few S/V70 P1's & 850 T5's, but this is my first P2 & i have a few questions. What plugs & oil do they like? Always used NGK BKR7EVX on my P1's and semi syth 10w40 oil on higher milage cars. Also, needs pads replacing soon, it ex plod so do they have different discs on like the P1 plods? What pads do people recommend? Also, how do you turn the day running lights off?

All advice appreciated

Daz T5
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:28
Anybody?

lance
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 16:42
Oil and plugs should be fine, not sure about day running lights or if the brakes are the same as P1 , DPA maybe able to tell you!

aeroresh
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 17:44
I think the brakes are "similar", not sure if they are exactly the same. I know the big brake kit on my car fits P1s too.

As for daytime running lights, its a dealer only job Im afraid. Cost me £35 to have them turned off!:icon_soap

Daz T5
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 21:58
Cheers for the replies chaps, thought that may be the case with the lights!

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 10th August 2006, 10:06
If it's a ex-plod, then it's very likely to have police-spec brakes. ie. 320mm disks, different callipers and pads with electronic wear indicators.
If that's the case, you'll find you have no choice but to buy Volvo police-spec pads - there are no 3rd-party after market choices.
Not that that's a bad thing, the police-spec brakes are really quite good.

Daz T5
Thursday 10th August 2006, 17:04
If it's a ex-plod, then it's very likely to have police-spec brakes. ie. 320mm disks, different callipers and pads with electronic wear indicators.
If that's the case, you'll find you have no choice but to buy Volvo police-spec pads - there are no 3rd-party after market choices.
Not that that's a bad thing, the police-spec brakes are really quite good.

Cheers robb, i have used the rubber backed police spec pads on my p1's, and rate them highly. Thanks for the info, i'll get shopping!

Daz