PDA

View Full Version : R T Mechanics camber kit.

pault5
Monday 7th August 2006, 16:45
Hi all,
Russ at rt mechanics has just fitted a camber kit to my 850.(2 degrees of +camber)
Must say top work as usual.:Handshake
I'll have my car handling like a scooby soon! :biggrin:
paul

BlackBeast
Monday 7th August 2006, 16:53
Did they get them from the states?

Odd that your car needed positive camber though, you sure it wasnt negative camber? Or have I mixed them up instead lol.

So your car still understeers then? Couldnt resist that one after your scooby handling comment :D

iGGy
Monday 7th August 2006, 17:04
I'd be surprised if it was positive camber as well.

Maybe it's a Volvo thing! :confused:

pault5
Monday 7th August 2006, 17:55
Did they get them from the states?

Odd that your car needed positive camber though, you sure it wasnt negative camber? Or have I mixed them up instead lol.

So your car still understeers then? Couldnt resist that one after your scooby handling comment :D

yes the kit is the same as IPDs but russell fits the plate on to the strut by a weld.
you are probably correct in neg' camber.. my bad.
paul

S70T5Chris
Monday 7th August 2006, 18:07
Hi Paul

I'm gonna buz russ this week about the IPD antiroll bars and the camber kit. Hopefully gonna book the car in the next couple of weeks!

Are you pleased with the results? I must say the Adjustable drop links seemed to make a big difference alone.

Chris.

pault5
Monday 7th August 2006, 18:24
Hi Paul

I'm gonna buz russ this week about the IPD antiroll bars and the camber kit. Hopefully gonna book the car in the next couple of weeks!

Are you pleased with the results? I must say the Adjustable drop links seemed to make a big difference alone.

Chris.

hi chris,
yes, very pleased with the results. the car is much tighter in the corners, feels like i'm driving a smaller lighter car.
as i had the anti roll bars fitted at the same time as the drop links i can't say which mod makes the most difference.
paul

aeroresh
Monday 7th August 2006, 18:36
I had a similar thing done to my then new 850 T5 by BBR in Oxon back in 94! It absolutely transformed the handling:B_steerin

Maybe worth giving them a shout cos Im sure they can still do it. Cost back then was about £300 fitted.

Engineer
Monday 7th August 2006, 19:56
Standard fit on S/V R's lol :wink:

arbee
Monday 7th August 2006, 20:57
aparently the IPD ARB is thinner than the stock T-5R ARB - any gen?

pault5
Monday 7th August 2006, 21:49

ipd arb front 25mm
ipd arb rear 22mm

acording to vadis front arbs range from 19.5mm to 20.8mm and rear 19.5mm to 20.8mm.

paul

Engineer
Monday 7th August 2006, 21:52

Hi Rich it ain't all about thickness, it's also about materials used mate and kinks on the rear bar, Volvo bars are the same thickness but have different colour codes. IPD play on it lol. :wink:

arbee
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 07:22
great info folks :) was just curious!