PDA

View Full Version : Re-gas!!

fraz13
Monday 7th August 2006, 13:19
How many port things is there for re-gassing the AC in a S70??

I found the low pressure port behind the off side headlamp but heard theres meant to be two..... a high pressure and a low pressure....

Any ideas where the high pressure one is?

Pic showing where the low pressure thingy is....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/orange2a.jpg

T5ER
Monday 7th August 2006, 13:21
From what i can remember mate there is only the 1 as mine has only got 1 aswell ?????.Must be a volvo thing i think the P2 versions have 2

Fatspice
Monday 7th August 2006, 13:40
Just looked at mine. I've only got the one. Normally both are together.

BTW like the orange detailing. How have you done it? Powder coating?

grumpybob
Monday 7th August 2006, 17:16
Hi Fraz

Just had mine tested and regassed at Falkland Performance and the boy mentioned that as it is a low pressure system it only has one and not 2 so takes slightly longer to do.

What a difference it has made as my system was approx half empty.! Probably not been looked at since it left the factory.

Stiff nips and dry eyeballs now.!

Bob

fraz13
Monday 7th August 2006, 18:26
Cheers guys

Just had it done and it was so cold in there after 5 mins I had to open the windows and roof to heat my self up lol

Result :D

twotrees
Monday 7th August 2006, 22:29
sorry, just a wee bit late with the info but heres a pic with the location of the low pressure valve (black arrow) and there is just one valve only.

TT.

T-5ones
Monday 7th August 2006, 22:34
IMO: Any detailed info like this is good to have on the forum, slightly late or other wise as so much searching of previous posts goes on, it is of great value to the forum.

fraz13
Monday 7th August 2006, 22:39
Red arrow showz where I used to re-gas.... Wee port thingy behind the headlamp... Where your arrow points is to a wire with a sensor plugged into ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/fraz13/img004copy.jpg

Cheers for the pic tho.... Thats the same pic as was on Auto-cad....

twotrees
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 14:39
... oops! sorry folks wrong placement of arrow, cheers Fraz13 for the correction.... my excuse ..... working late & too close to a leaky exhaust ;-p

Peace

TT.

Adge
Tuesday 8th August 2006, 19:53
Great diagram. Had re-gas after leaking valve identified. Thought "That's great, not the evaporator". gas gone again now, so I'm expecting expense!

dreadly
Wednesday 9th August 2006, 13:02
On the P2 series cars it's under the coolant reservoir container.