PDA

View Full Version : turbo return pipe

mailee
Monday 4th April 2005, 06:43
Well guys I managed to replace the seals in the turbo return pipe and it seem to have cured the leak. (So far anyway) I noticed on taking it apart the gasket at the top on the turbo end had been leaking and the bolts were not too tight! All in all it was an easy straight forward job as described by the experts on here. Thanks I couldn't have done it without you all. Haynes manual is as much use as no use really. Keeping my eye on the bottom of the car for the next few days and my fingers crossed. ;)

Martinr
Monday 4th April 2005, 07:52
This gives me renewed hope! See my previous thread re: oil on the drive.

Haven't gotten around to buying the Haynes yet. Is it one of the later generation ones that offers little help? I remember the old ones were much thicker and really told you everything.

Bracer
Monday 4th April 2005, 10:04
Well guys I managed to replace the seals in the turbo return pipe and it seem to have cured the leak. (So far anyway) I noticed on taking it apart the gasket at the top on the turbo end had been leaking and the bolts were not too tight! All in all it was an easy straight forward job as described by the experts on here. Thanks I couldn't have done it without you all. Haynes manual is as much use as no use really. Keeping my eye on the bottom of the car for the next few days and my fingers crossed. ;)

Fingers X'ed then mate ;)