PDA

View Full Version : What's next? Comments....

Ren
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:06
My car is running fantastic at the monent and for the limited money invested in performance I thinks it's doing really well. However, I need more. I'm after some serious suggestions.

I know the first thing everyone will say is mapping, but I'm not convinced, or at least not 100%. My car is running not far off what I would expect from a map and I enjoy the aggresive characteristics of the MBC. I can't really justify the £500-600 cost of a new race downpipes and cat for the 5-10 bhp.

Any opinions?

tr03bor
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:12
go for the 304 rica, £340 i think?

splatt
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:17
You cant really get serious gains without spending money.
Internally theese are only really good for mid 300 bhp without replacing bits.
Why not spend a few quid on a Dyno run to see what you are ACTUALLY getting, might change your mind?

Ren
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:20
You cant really get serious gains without spending money.
Internally theese are only really good for mid 300 bhp without replacing bits.
Why not spend a few quid on a Dyno run to see what you are ACTUALLY getting, might change your mind?

Had the dyno run, even have it videoed on my web site, hence the signature.

T5ER
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:24
Had the dyno run, even have it videoed on my web site, hence the signature.
Ren best thing to do is have a chat with VT mate i think you can get 340bhp????

splatt
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:45
Had the dyno run, even have it videoed on my web site, hence the signature.oops...didnt read that...
Reckon you are nearly at the point of replacing rods/pistons as 282bhp (at the wheels I assume) is almost on its way.
What is your actual goal here?

Ren
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:51
I wanted to break into the 300+ club!lol. Been quoted £450 for a custom map, but unsure what the final results were going to be performance wise?

splatt
Friday 4th August 2006, 22:57
Custom map is your way forward I reckon as it will preserve your engine above the MBC without the need for rebuild.

I know less than others about this, talk to the tuners on here....

Ask Spesh......

be afraid LOL