PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems Again.

850south
Monday 4th April 2005, 03:48
Hi again,Have a diffrent problem this time, My 850 2.5 10v saloon has a problem when it is rainning or has been rainning & damp outside, the engine rev's from 1000-1500rpm at a stand,but after you rev the engine up to 3500rpm this stops (this I can live with), the other problem has just started, now after the car has warmed up & has been left for 10-15 minutes switch off when started the car has to be rev'd up to keep it ticking over other wise it just koncks out, after 6-7 minutes of driving it's fine again, I have checked the Airfilter,sensors & vacum hose's & seems ok.Could this be the Brain for the control of the managment system thats going or has gone, If anyone else has had this problem please can you advise me on what to do or anyone with suggestions please.
Cheers 850South.
:hbomb:

glock19
Monday 4th April 2005, 15:18
Leaking HV cables perhaps or one the plugs is cracked (like Saffron C70's). Distributor might also be the culprit. Heck, try to interchange the whole set from a fellow 850 to screen through but in the market there are also some electronic gadgets that will give you a wealth of information by just connecting the leads to the battery terminals. Last, get an OBD readout and probe further.